How does Hillary Clinton's concession rank among historic GE concessions? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:27:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  How does Hillary Clinton's concession rank among historic GE concessions? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: How does Hillary Clinton's concession speech rank among historic general election concession speeches?
The best

One of the best

Medium

One of the worst

The worst

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 88

Author Topic: How does Hillary Clinton's concession rank among historic GE concessions?  (Read 7523 times)
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« on: August 17, 2017, 04:56:18 AM »

What are your thoughts on Hillary Clinton's concession speech? Was it a good speech and a successful concession speech? Does it stand out in your opinion, either positively or negatively, from most general election concession speeches? Cast your votes!
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 07:15:42 PM »

Just the fact she left her supporters outside who had waited for hours makes it among the worst.

Only people who already hate her care about that, her supporters don't.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 05:01:24 AM »

I can't think of anything wrong with her speech(an election night speech at the Javits Centre may have been better). I'm not sure I can say it was the best but it was certainly in the top rank and did everything a good concession speech does.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 05:32:23 PM »

Yes, the whole "Trump will not be able to handle a defeat" really backfired.

Not true. It was correct and principled. If anything it was prophetic given Trump still said the election was rigged despite winning it.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2017, 09:18:14 PM »

It was mediocre, maybe a shade better at decent at best, not bad, not great. No surprise that the one who are crying & praising it to the moon are full on insane Hilary fans. Clinton seemed wooden, rehearsed, competent (like she is as a candidate) without many great lines. The best ones have a great emotional cord with humility & some good lines.

IMO Carter had a better one. Maybe McCain, but who cared then because of Obama's historic speech & the wait for that.

Not an "insane" Hillary fan. Just a normal fan of hers who can and has acknowledged her flaws. God forbid someone actually be emotional watching someone they admire suffer such a devastating loss.

Thank you. I am sick and tired of the unjustified persecution Hillary Clinton has received. Yes, she's not perfect, and yes, her campaign made mistakes(was Trump's campaign really brilliant and her's terrible though?!) But she is still being attacked and can't even get the recognition and popularity previous losers like Mitt Romney got after his loss. I will be buying her book and I think she is more than deserving of my money. Hopefully she finally gets the vindication she deserves, and I know that America will definitely regret their choice in the end. She tried to stop a Trump presidency(though her campaign did make mistakes) and she warned America, it was America-or at least 46% of it in the right states-that chose not to listen.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies