How does Hillary Clinton's concession rank among historic GE concessions? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:59:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  How does Hillary Clinton's concession rank among historic GE concessions? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: How does Hillary Clinton's concession speech rank among historic general election concession speeches?
The best

One of the best

Medium

One of the worst

The worst

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 88

Author Topic: How does Hillary Clinton's concession rank among historic GE concessions?  (Read 7515 times)
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« on: August 17, 2017, 03:24:07 PM »

I liked John McCain's and Jimmy Carter's more.

I cried watching Hillary's at first because I was so upset at the results by today it doesn't move me as much as it did initially.

You serious Clark?
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 09:33:50 PM »

Thank you. I am sick and tired of the unjustified persecution Hillary Clinton has received. Yes, she's not perfect, and yes, her campaign made mistakes(was Trump's campaign really brilliant and her's terrible though?!) But she is still being attacked and can't even get the recognition and popularity previous losers like Mitt Romney got after his loss. I will be buying her book and I think she is more than deserving of my money. Hopefully she finally gets the vindication she deserves, and I know that America will definitely regret their choice in the end. She tried to stop a Trump presidency(though her campaign did make mistakes) and she warned America, it was America-or at least 46% of it in the right states-that chose not to listen.

This is a nice little soliloquy, but I'm afraid it doesn't hold up in reality. The fact of the matter is that she DIDN'T try very hard to stop a Trump presidency. She ran one of the laziest campaigns in American history, and conducted herself in a smug, entitled fashion that gave off the air that the election was already won.

While Trump was out fighting for every last vote, the Clinton campaign was laughing at him for targeting states that "he couldn't possibly win." Her demeanor after the third debate crystallized her whole attitude throughout the entirety of her campaign when she said something along the lines of, "It's frightening that Donald Trump won't accept the election results." She didn't even acknowledge the fact that he may win...she just totally took for granted that she was going to cruise to victory and that Trump would contest the election.

If I hated Trump, I'd probably hate Hillary right now almost as much. She is, without a doubt in my mind, the one person more responsible than anybody for his election. She did nothing in 2016 to deserve a victory, and I have no sympathy for her.

Fox News asked her if she would accept the results like a day after the debate and Clinton + her campaign literally laughed then went on about how Trump needs to accept the results.

One thing I found interesting: in one of her few honest moments, she admitted it made her nervous/feel tons of pressure knowing she was the only thing between Trump and the Presidency.

She also made the same mistakes in 2016 she made in 2008 - that is, she focused on running up the score rather than winning electoral votes/delegates. In 2008, Obama had an absolutely INCREDIBLE delegate campaign. Even in states he LOST he got more delegates than Clinton did (such as Nevada).

Not only did Clinton want to win in 2016, she wanted a landslide. A Clinton 96 landslide. Hell, maybe even a Bush 88 landslide. Instead of focusing on just holding most of the Obama swing states, she pumped up the vote in Chicago and New Orleans over Michigan!

What do you mean "in one of her few honest moments"? Hillary has lied before, yes, but she is not a fundamentally dishonest person. People who consistently assume that everything she says is a lie don't even bother to back that up with FACTS. Trump literally lied in nearly every speech he made, sometimes multiple times, yet no one cared. Hillary was actually the second most honest candidate in the 2016 campaign and yet somehow she is still portrayed as the liar. *rolls eyes

Yes she is.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 12:44:39 AM »

Oh for God's sake; I've never seen so many grown people cry than on the night of Clinton's defeat, it was really pathetic. Clinton herself crying was the final nail in the coffin of a weak and laughable campaign.

Oh PLEASE. There were far more grown ass men crying on election nights 08 and 12 solely because a black man won the presidency. And I'm sure there would've been many crying if Trump lost. Grow up. It's called democracy and people get passionate. You have no right to vilify voters who didn't agree with you.
Yeah...no
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 07:58:10 PM »

LOL- Outside of Republican wet dreams, Hillary did not have a "meltdown." The campaign actually knew it was in trouble when it massively increased spending in WI and MI the week before the election and sent Obama to MI. The rank and file were more surprised than campaign HQ- but not I. If anything, Republicans are the ones who've had a meltdown over being denied their precious chance to see an election night concession... Which frankly is the only vindication needed of the decision not to give one.

Yet they weren't concerned enough to actually visit WI?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies