How does Hillary Clinton's concession rank among historic GE concessions? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:51:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  How does Hillary Clinton's concession rank among historic GE concessions? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: How does Hillary Clinton's concession speech rank among historic general election concession speeches?
The best

One of the best

Medium

One of the worst

The worst

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 88

Author Topic: How does Hillary Clinton's concession rank among historic GE concessions?  (Read 7518 times)
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: August 17, 2017, 01:16:53 PM »

I liked John McCain's and Jimmy Carter's more.

I cried watching Hillary's at first because I was so upset at the results by today it doesn't move me as much as it did initially.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 04:47:48 PM »

I liked John McCain's and Jimmy Carter's more.

I cried watching Hillary's at first because I was so upset at the results by today it doesn't move me as much as it did initially.

You serious Clark?
Yes. I was heartbroken that the man who questioned Barack Obama's citizenship was going to be his successor. Problem?
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 07:23:41 PM »

Oh for God's sake; I've never seen so many grown people cry than on the night of Clinton's defeat, it was really pathetic. Clinton herself crying was the final nail in the coffin of a weak and laughable campaign.

Oh PLEASE. There were far more grown ass men crying on election nights 08 and 12 solely because a black man won the presidency. And I'm sure there would've been many crying if Trump lost. Grow up. It's called democracy and people get passionate. You have no right to vilify voters who didn't agree with you.
Yeah right! I may have seen 'angry' voters, voters venting their frustrations on social media and voters pretty despondent about the direction of the country, but you can bet your bottom dollar I didn't see anyone crying. Crying over the loss of a politician is tantamount to crying because you died in a video game; it's just as stupid, just as childish. How many people were crying when Wilkie lost to FDR? Stevenson to Eisenhower? Nixon to Kennedy? That's right, NO ONE!

And if criticising grown men and women for crying over something so transitory and stupid is vilification, then I am vilifying people and proud of it! It's pathetic! Perhaps the Democrats dog-whistling Trump so that he sounded like the literal embodiment of Hitler had something to do with all the silly tears? I mean, give me a break! It's not as if he can't just be voted out in four years anyway.
This post makes absolutely no sense. People DID cry when McCain and Romney lost. And I didn't know you were aware of the reactions of every single American from elections that go back 40, 50, and 60 years.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies