How does Hillary Clinton's concession rank among historic GE concessions? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:47:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  How does Hillary Clinton's concession rank among historic GE concessions? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: How does Hillary Clinton's concession speech rank among historic general election concession speeches?
The best

One of the best

Medium

One of the worst

The worst

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 88

Author Topic: How does Hillary Clinton's concession rank among historic GE concessions?  (Read 7533 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« on: August 19, 2017, 05:48:31 PM »

I get some solace knowing that history will so very clearly vindicate her. In 50 years people will look back and ask "how the f-ck did the country get this decision so wrong?"

And I'm even more sure that people will be able to see the sexism, misogyny, double standards, and false equivalence for exactly what it was.

I see your point, but for all these factors still let's not forget it was Hillary's race to lose from day one. Let's just acknowledge she blew a winnable race to Donald f**king Trump.

I'm afraid she may be more remembered for such a failure rather than anything else, which is quite sad.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 05:57:25 AM »

And yes, while we may argue whether she should've come out on the election night no matter what, the following day's concession speech was good.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 08:24:21 AM »

McCain's speech was great. Gore's concession, given unusual circumstances, was good too. Romney's concession was pathetic, not because of what he said, but because everybody knew he hadn't even prepared one.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 11:26:19 AM »

I get some solace knowing that history will so very clearly vindicate her. In 50 years people will look back and ask "how the f-ck did the country get this decision so wrong?"

And I'm even more sure that people will be able to see the sexism, misogyny, double standards, and false equivalence for exactly what it was.

I see your point, but for all these factors still let's not forget it was Hillary's race to lose from day one. Let's just acknowledge she blew a winnable race to Donald f**king Trump.

I'm afraid she may be more remembered for such a failure rather than anything else, which is quite sad.

Hillary wasn't blameless, but her loss wasn't solely her own doing. History will remember Comey and Russia.

Of course not. My whole point it was, despite these factors, totally winnable race.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2017, 03:10:18 PM »

The best ever.  The classy purple mourning suit.  The Bible verse.  It made me teary eyed.

No one is falling for this, dude.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2017, 05:07:04 PM »

Yes, the whole "Trump will not be able to handle a defeat" really backfired.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2017, 06:10:12 PM »

A normal loser would have conceded the night of. Maybe this one was drunk and had to sober up?

Maybe this one is reading too many internet rumor mills?^ It was 2 AM when Trump secured all 270 votes. Why would she go on to concede when many of her supporters had already gone to sleep. Might as well wait till the morning when everyone is awake

The real reasons she didn't do a concession speech are simple:

1. She was physically unable (too drunk? too sedated? passed out? inconsolable? I think it's somewhat of a combination)
2. She didn't want to concede under the glass ceiling and on top of the USA map
3. She wanted to fight the results and planned on lawyering up and asking for recounts

Of course, she eventually conceded once the AP called the race (she told the Trump campaign he had 15 minutes to concede after the AP or 2 networks call it). One of the reasons she didn't do 3 was because Obama told her not to - I am guessing he told her he'd try to sabotage his Presidency with bogus Russia claims.

She was also an hour late to her concession speech in the morning, so I think she was still at 1 as well - but more inconsolable.

I want to see what she says in her book. Let's see how honest she can be. She should give an explanation on what happened election morning.

Romney also didn't want to concede and fought the results for a while before conceding at 1AM (almost 2 hours after all the networks called it!). You can tell his concession speech was just written too LOL.

I love how you are listing those reasons as if you know for a fact that they are true. You literally have no idea. But its Hillary so just assume the worst I guess. Maybe she/her team didn't think conceding at 3 AM ET was a good time considering most people wouldn't even be up to see it?

Well, presidential races were being called/then conceded on such hours before. I think, however, Hillary conceded too quickly via phone. While it was obvious the race was lost, waiting till Trump had 270 called for him seemed more proper.

As of "reports", those are yet to be proven or given any credibility.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2017, 05:45:14 PM »

This is getting silly. I don't like the fact she didn't concede (publicly) during the election night, but let's not crucify her over this.

Even if she had some sort of a breakdown (which is based on unreliable sources so far), I think I can totally understand her on human level.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2017, 02:13:36 PM »

The fact that this imbecile thinks crying over losing a video game and crying over losing election are the same thing says everything. I'm glad he comes from such cushiness that the winner of an election doesn't matter, but not everyone has that luxury. Although it seems clear that pointing out just how much so many people have to lose under President Trump would go right over this moron's head. I suppose these folks wouldn't really count as "real Americans" anyway. Roll Eyes

F-cking pinhead.
Ad hominems and personal insults. Nice. Is this the 'tolerant' left in action once more?

Being a dumbass Republican is a choice, and I am more than happy to judge you on it. Purple heart

I love how Trump has exposed leftists.

I always knew it, but this election has made the proof undeniable.

Hagrid is not really a leftist.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2017, 04:33:07 PM »

So I guess this guy is a leftist too?

Or you're trying to pull Wulfric with "leftist by association"?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies