How does Hillary Clinton's concession rank among historic GE concessions? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:07:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  How does Hillary Clinton's concession rank among historic GE concessions? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: How does Hillary Clinton's concession speech rank among historic general election concession speeches?
The best

One of the best

Medium

One of the worst

The worst

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 88

Author Topic: How does Hillary Clinton's concession rank among historic GE concessions?  (Read 7521 times)
Liberalrocks
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.35

P P P
« on: August 19, 2017, 08:14:39 PM »
« edited: August 19, 2017, 08:17:23 PM by Liberalrocks »

I was very emotional at the time and I did cry both on election night and during her speech. I couldnt study the words at the time as I was overcome with emotion. During the time since I have watched it more clear headed and it was a great speech. Considering the divisive tone of the campaign and how her character was constantly disparaged and thrown in the mud she was very gracious in defeat. Even in despair and defeat she was able to hold composure during that speech. Although I am a man, I did strongly appreciate how she spoke to the dreams and aspirations of young women reaffirming that they can be whatever they want to be. Despite this gut punch of a loss she will always be the first woman nominated by a major party and she carried the hopes and dreams of many of those young women she spoke to.
Liberalrocks
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 03:53:22 PM »

(I bet you she regrets that "Trump is a danger to democracy" talk!)

I bet you she doesn't and actually sits back and feels quite good that she called it out before the election.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies