How does Hillary Clinton's concession rank among historic GE concessions? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:49:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  How does Hillary Clinton's concession rank among historic GE concessions? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: How does Hillary Clinton's concession speech rank among historic general election concession speeches?
The best

One of the best

Medium

One of the worst

The worst

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 88

Author Topic: How does Hillary Clinton's concession rank among historic GE concessions?  (Read 7546 times)
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« on: August 17, 2017, 01:10:04 PM »

I'm a bit biased, but I think it was probably one of the most dignified and graceful things I've ever seen in American politics.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 01:15:41 AM »

I get some solace knowing that history will so very clearly vindicate her. In 50 years people will look back and ask "how the f-ck did the country get this decision so wrong?"

And I'm even more sure that people will be able to see the sexism, misogyny, double standards, and false equivalence for exactly what it was.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 12:31:49 PM »

I love how you are listing those reasons as if you know for a fact that they are true. You literally have no idea. But its Hillary so just assume the worst I guess. Maybe she/her team didn't think conceding at 3 AM ET was a good time considering most people wouldn't even be up to see it?

Why was she an hour late to her concession speech in the morning after the election then? Traffic jam? LOL.

(Nope - she was still at the hotel, as I said, she was either inconsolable or sedated. No other explanation)

Everyone should just come to you for insider info. You seem to know it all! (All while providing zero evidence to back up your claims) Anyway, I'm done entertaining your trolling. Bye Smiley

Surely you must realize that this is almost always the degree to which Hillary Clinton is unfairly treated...
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 12:53:19 AM »

The fact that this imbecile thinks crying over losing a video game and crying over losing election are the same thing says everything. I'm glad he comes from such cushiness that the winner of an election doesn't matter, but not everyone has that luxury. Although it seems clear that pointing out just how much so many people have to lose under President Trump would go right over this moron's head. I suppose these folks wouldn't really count as "real Americans" anyway. Roll Eyes

F-cking pinhead.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 03:36:49 PM »

Clinton supporter.

I love how they always claim people are sexist against Hillary then go on to attack any woman that does not abide by the code.

This election has really opened my eyes to the nature of people - both Republicans and Democrats (one thing that amazed me was how similarly Democrats and Republicans reacted to Trump curb stomping them).

(I attack people of all genders who were stupid enough to vote for someone other than Hillary. Love you! Purple heart)
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2017, 07:02:49 PM »

LOL- Outside of Republican wet dreams, Hillary did not have a "meltdown." The campaign actually knew it was in trouble when it massively increased spending in WI and MI the week before the election and sent Obama to MI. The rank and file were more surprised than campaign HQ- but not I. If anything, Republicans are the ones who've had a meltdown over being denied their precious chance to see an election night concession... Which frankly is the only vindication needed of the decision not to give one.

Her behavior on election night says otherwise though.

Remember, she was 2 hours late for her concession speech in the morning - why if she wasn't inconsolable? She was in her hotel so it wasn't traffic. And she can't blame she was writing a concession speech because she had all night and morning to do so (Romney wrote his on the fly as well and was able to concede that night).

All reports indicate that the campaign thought they were going to win. Senate Republicans sent the media a list of things Hillary needed to do appease Senate Republicans. The fact the Clinton Campaign not only went dark for the media, but also to the DNC indicates they were in complete shock.

On election night, once Florida started going Trump's way, all the pundits said "She doesn't need Florida." Once they start the "candidate doesn't need X" talk then crap is not going as expected.

Actually I'll be fair to Hillary on this - in her book, "What Happened," if she admits why she didn't do the concession I'll be impressed. I think she'll admit she didn't want to concede under the glass ceiling/on top of the blue map of the USA, and that she planned to challenge the results. I don't expect her to entirely honest about her physical reaction (at the most, she will admit she was shocked) but I don't expect her to.

You live up to the label of Trump supporter, I'll at least give you that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies