Which State Has the Rudest Drivers?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:59:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Which State Has the Rudest Drivers?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Which State Has the Rudest Drivers?  (Read 1464 times)
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 17, 2017, 08:14:58 AM »
« edited: August 30, 2017, 11:40:58 AM by VirginiaModerate »

https://weather.com/travel/commuter-conditions/news/states-rudest-drivers

"The study's runner-up rudest state is the nation's capitol: Washington, D.C. A respondent who had relocated to the District of Columbia from Los Angeles compared the attitude of driving to the town's politics: "self-serving, abrasive and unsafe." Another indicated that he wished he had a nickel for every driver who couldn't be bothered to signal when switching lanes.

Rounding out the top five are New York, Wyoming, Massachusetts and Vermont."

--

I laughed when I read the part in bold because I deal with that every day. Also, have seen impatient drivers to the point of beeping at you when the light just turned green so they can go like 50 mph around the turn (he prob woke up late or something but that was on him).

Also very true re Mass (Massholes).

Your thoughts on the worst/rudest drivers?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 08:46:53 AM »

Other drivers suck everywhere.  Get off my road! (or at least try passing when you're in the passing lane)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 09:05:58 AM »

Illinois
#gravelgang #lessiglad
Serious_Username
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 09:22:55 AM »

Depends on your definition of "rude," honestly. If speeding and not signaling fit that definition, then a lot of east coast states will be on the list.

On the other hand, if
Other drivers suck everywhere.  Get off my road! (or at least try passing when you're in the passing lane)
applies, then drivers on the west coast, particularly the Pacific Northwest will be high on that list.

I'd have a top 5 worst of California, Oregon, Washington, Florida and Texas, but I haven't driven on the East coast at all. Michigan, for what it's worth, is the state with the least bad drivers in my experience.
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 09:31:11 AM »

Depends on your definition of "rude," honestly. If speeding and not signaling fit that definition, then a lot of east coast states will be on the list.

On the other hand, if
applies, then drivers on the west coast, particularly the Pacific Northwest will be high on that list.

I'd have a top 5 worst of California, Oregon, Washington, Florida and Texas, but I haven't driven on the East coast at all. Michigan, for what it's worth, is the state with the least bad drivers in my experience.

The passing part applies is NoVA and DC. Most of the time they pass on the right and at least half of the passing cars don't signal at all. Also a lot of what I call leapfrog, they pass you only to get back in the same lane but ahead of you even if the traffic is slow or it's jammed. - That s urks me to no end and is pointless.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 09:37:01 AM »

Jersey........
#gravelgang #lessiglad
Serious_Username
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2017, 09:48:25 AM »

On the other hand, if

The passing part applies is NoVA and DC. Most of the time they pass on the right and at least half of the passing cars don't signal at all. Also a lot of what I call leapfrog, they pass you only to get back in the same lane but ahead of you even if the traffic is slow or it's jammed. - That s urks me to no end and is pointless.

People do this in IL all the time during rush hour. It's pointless. Saves maybe 5 seconds? Plus clogs up traffic more.
Kleine Scheiße
PeteHam
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.16, S: -1.74

P P

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2017, 10:24:15 AM »

Pennsylvania and NJ are pretty bad.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2017, 12:00:56 PM »

Fast?  Yes.  Rude?  I'd disagree.  They generally are knowledgeable of the rules of the road, let people in when appropriate and are generally not "rude."  Cutting in front of someone while you're going fast and have enough room to do so might scare them if they're a bad driver, but it's not rude.

My troll answer is Wisconsin for having so many inconsiderate drivers who drive hilariously slow and, by extension, put the traffic around them in danger.  My serious answer, from my experiences, is easily Florida.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2017, 12:47:11 PM »

New Jersey and New York.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2017, 01:40:50 PM »

As a NoVA/DC driver, can confirm: we are jerks.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2017, 03:00:00 AM »

Fast?  Yes.  Rude?  I'd disagree.  They generally are knowledgeable of the rules of the road, let people in when appropriate and are generally not "rude."  Cutting in front of someone while you're going fast and have enough room to do so might scare them if they're a bad driver, but it's not rude.

My troll answer is Wisconsin for having so many inconsiderate drivers who drive hilariously slow and, by extension, put the traffic around them in danger.  My serious answer, from my experiences, is easily Florida.

I live right on the MO-IL border and a common complaint I hear from Illinois drivers is, "Don't you Missouri people know how to use your blinkers?" Tongue When I'm driving in Southern Illinois, I've noticed most of the drivers drive the speed limit because I pass so many of them and I know I'm speeding. I got one of my two speeding tickets in Illinois.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2017, 08:56:50 AM »

Fast?  Yes.  Rude?  I'd disagree.  They generally are knowledgeable of the rules of the road, let people in when appropriate and are generally not "rude."  Cutting in front of someone while you're going fast and have enough room to do so might scare them if they're a bad driver, but it's not rude.

My troll answer is Wisconsin for having so many inconsiderate drivers who drive hilariously slow and, by extension, put the traffic around them in danger.  My serious answer, from my experiences, is easily Florida.

I live right on the MO-IL border and a common complaint I hear from Illinois drivers is, "Don't you Missouri people know how to use your blinkers?" Tongue When I'm driving in Southern Illinois, I've noticed most of the drivers drive the speed limit because I pass so many of them and I know I'm speeding. I got one of my two speeding tickets in Illinois.

LOL, can't speak for down there, but people FLY in Peoria, and Chicago is well known for having people going about 20-30 over on I-88 through the suburbs, LOL.  And yes, the state needs its money however it can get it in however small of "donations," so watch out. Smiley

P.S.  Off topic, I know, but what would you say the college sports fan breakdown is in your area?  I'd imagine both the MO side and the IL side lean Mizzou, but what kinds of ratios in your experience?  Sorry, very interested in this stuff. Smiley
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2017, 08:59:56 AM »

Keystone Phil has cast an absentee vote for NJ.........he should know he deals with those assholes way more than I do.
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2017, 02:28:13 PM »

Maryland, or so the meme goes
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2017, 12:22:49 PM »

Florida has the worst drivers, but the rudest I've ever seen were probably Massholes.

My wife says NYC really has the rudest drivers, but the biggest city I've ever been to is Chicago, where drivers are rude but could be a lot worse.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2017, 09:31:23 PM »

Massholes
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2017, 09:38:27 AM »

I don't know, but my mom has told me that Oklahoma has some of the worst drivers she's ever seen.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2017, 09:46:03 AM »

While I stand by my NJ answer, Massholes are a pretty close second, at least ones in Boston.  I don't know how many times I've seen a light go green and within a nano-second, some Masshole(s) are blowing their horn like the person in front of them is sipping on coffee or putting on makeup and not going.......amazing. 
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2017, 08:53:54 PM »

Drivers around here aren't rude so much as they are clueless.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2017, 10:37:30 PM »

Florida
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2017, 04:25:01 PM »

Everyone saying Florida... have you ever been to the Northeast? We may not have the best drivers, but the ones up there are crazy.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2017, 04:45:38 PM »

Is there any public state-level data on road rage incidents and reckless driving citations? That might be a good way to cut through the subjective reports. I've spent enough time in NJ, MD and FL to state that all 3 have lots of bad drivers, and I doubt I could effectively rank them.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2017, 05:27:00 PM »

Everyone saying Florida... have you ever been to the Northeast? We may not have the best drivers, but the ones up there are crazy.

Yes, and when those crazy folks get cataracts and can't get it up anymore, they move to Florida and continue driving.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2017, 10:56:21 PM »

Shameless Masshole carpetbagger here, can confirm.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies