Do you actually favour impeachment of Donald Trump? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:04:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Do you actually favour impeachment of Donald Trump? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you favour impeachment!
Yes

No

No clue, mate.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 109

Author Topic: Do you actually favour impeachment of Donald Trump?  (Read 1895 times)
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

« on: August 17, 2017, 08:36:30 AM »

With all the constant talk of impeachment, let's take the proposition seriously for a moment.

On the current basis, I would have to answer no, Trump should not be impeached. I think Trump is the biggest danger to western civilization during my lifetime, but I thought that before he was even elected. Nothing much has changed. He is as bad as I expected. The fact is that the american public knowingly elected this guy, as terrible as he is, and that should be respected. Nothing that strikes me as obviously "impeachable" has been uncovered yet. If it turns out that the Russians did infact succeed in hacking election results, then it would be an entirely different matter, but that does not seem to be the case.

So I vote no, as much as it annoys me.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 08:42:51 AM »

I basically agree with you and also think Republicans should be stuck with him rather than being able to replace him with Pence and then proceed as if everything were normal. Pence would be a much more effective and thus more harmful President in any case.
More harmful domestically, sure, but at least there's zero danger that Pence drops a nuke on a random country.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 10:35:38 AM »

Yes, but that was perfectly clear before the election and the american people still elected him. I don't think that is grounds for impeachment.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 11:58:25 AM »

Yes, but that was perfectly clear before the election and the american people still elected him. I don't think that is grounds for impeachment.

No the people rejected Trump but the electoral college denied them their voice. Stop repeating trumpist talking points meant to legitimize him.
The point was that he was elected legitimally, even with it being painfully obvious that he wasn't fit to serve. I don't care whether it is a trumpist talking point. Sure he lost the popular vote by 3 million. Sure the electoral college is terrible and helped him. Sure voter suppression is terrible and that helped him. But the fact is that he DID win by the existing ruleset. We don't really know much now that we didn't already know before the election. I don't see a good case for impeachment. Infact I think impeachment on the existing grounds would end up backfiring terribly.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies