How many women will be governors?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:36:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  How many women will be governors?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How many women will be governors?  (Read 1578 times)
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.30, S: -0.70

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 17, 2017, 07:38:45 PM »

How many states will have women as Governors after the 2018 elections?
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 07:56:12 PM »
« Edited: August 18, 2017, 04:47:02 AM by Ἅιδης »

4-6: FL, ME, AL, OR, maybe OH, maybe HI; Gina Raimondo will lose her primary against that metric system fetishist.
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -4.00

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 09:15:16 PM »

Around 10, probably.

Kay Ivey, Kim Reynolds, and Kate Brown are all very likely to win re-election.

Michelle Lujan Grisham, Kristi Noem, Diane Black, and Gina Raimondo are favourites to be elected (or reelected in Raimondo's case)

Gretchen Whitmer, Gwen Graham, Donna Lynne, Janet Mills, Rebecca Otto, Nan Whaley, and Kathleen Vinehout are serious contenders for their respective primaries and the general election.

Colleen Hanabusa would be a shoo-in to be Hawaii's next Governor if the current Governor steps down due to his horrible approval ratings. Cynthia Lummis would wipe the floor for Wyoming Governor if she decided to run. Either one of the Stacey's might have a chance of winning the Georgia governship depending on the national atmosphere.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 09:30:43 PM »

I hope Stefany Shaheen runs against (and wipes the floor with) Chris Sununu. It's only fitting a Sununu gets taken down by a Shaheen.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 09:32:49 PM »

I hope Stefany Shaheen runs against (and wipes the floor with) Chris Sununu. It's only fitting a Sununu gets taken down by a Shaheen Woman.

Coraxion
Ethiopia

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2017, 10:09:33 PM »

New Hampshire
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2017, 12:18:18 AM »

Around 10, probably.

Kay Ivey, Kim Reynolds, and Kate Brown are all very likely to win re-election.

Michelle Lujan Grisham, Kristi Noem, Diane Black, and Gina Raimondo are favourites to be elected (or reelected in Raimondo's case)

Gretchen Whitmer, Gwen Graham, Donna Lynne, Janet Mills, Rebecca Otto, Nan Whaley, and Kathleen Vinehout are serious contenders for their respective primaries and the general election.

Colleen Hanabusa would be a shoo-in to be Hawaii's next Governor if the current Governor steps down due to his horrible approval ratings. Cynthia Lummis would wipe the floor for Wyoming Governor if she decided to run. Either one of the Stacey's might have a chance of winning the Georgia governship depending on the national atmosphere.

There's no guarantee that Stacey Evans or Stacey Abrams will win in Georgian. Kim Reynolds might not win the general election. Diane Black might clear the Republican primary and yet lose to Karl Dean.

I think your predictions are too generous.
Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2017, 12:22:39 AM »
« Edited: August 20, 2017, 12:26:08 AM by RecoveringDem »

Right now, I'd guess 9: Alabama (Ivey), Iowa (Reynolds), Maine (Mills or Collins), Michigan (Whitmer), New Mexico (Grisham), Oregon (Brown), Rhode Island (Raimondo), South Dakota (Noem), Tennessee (Black)

Definitely the least confident about Rhode Island, though. Raimondo isn't too popular here, and if an actual challenger from either party would emerge, I'd consider it more of a toss-up/maybe even put Raimondo at a disadvantage.

Wyoming is a huge question mark with no real candidates declared. Wikipedia says Lummis has declined, but no media source seems to validate that, so she could jump in. As could Wyoming's Superintendent, Jilian Balow. And, god forbid, there's always Liz Cheney. But there's a huge bench of male candidates as well, so it's hard to say.

Edit: Of course, if it gets to be a really good year for Democrats, we could see Graham in Florida, Vinehout in Wisconsin, Whaley in Ohio (though I don't think she'd beat Cordray in the primary, who I still think will run), or one of the Stacey's in Georgia. Those were just my predictions as the races stand right now. I don't think Lynne will beat Polis in the Colorado primary.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2017, 12:14:17 PM »

In a perfect world it would be 50.
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2017, 11:05:40 PM »
« Edited: August 21, 2017, 11:49:58 PM by The Arizonan »

At least twenty-six would be good enough for me.

I hope Stefany Shaheen runs against (and wipes the floor with) Chris Sununu. It's only fitting a Sununu gets taken down by a Shaheen.

One day, Stefany Shaheen will confront Chris Sununu inside a wooden building and ask him to submit to her authority. Sununu will refuse and she will burn down the building with him inside it and she will emerge completely naked, but unscathed by the fire. Everyone will witness her emergence from the burning building and submit to her rule.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2017, 09:12:52 AM »

Vinehout is also a possibility in Wisconsin.
InheritTheWind

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2017, 12:09:09 PM »

One day, Stefany Shaheen will confront Chris Sununu inside a wooden building and ask him to submit to her authority. Sununu will refuse and she will burn down the building with him inside it and she will emerge completely naked, but unscathed by the fire. Everyone will witness her emergence from the burning building and submit to her rule.

Dude what the f**k
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2017, 01:31:27 PM »

Dude what the f**k

Do you understand the pop culture reference?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies