Election where you would have had the hardest time deciding who to vote for (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:06:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Election where you would have had the hardest time deciding who to vote for (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Election where you would have had the hardest time deciding who to vote for  (Read 1352 times)
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

« on: August 17, 2017, 08:08:22 PM »

I think the hardest election for me to decide who to vote for would be 1976. I don't particularity like Jimmy Carter's overt religiosity, or Gerald Ford's pardoning of Nixon. I probably would have voted for Eugene McCarthy, who ran as an independent that year.
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 11:09:23 PM »
« Edited: August 17, 2017, 11:15:03 PM by bruhgmger2 »

In every election to me, there is a clear choice. I cannot imagine voting for any Democrat other than Kennedy, who wasn't a liberal.

You mean the Kennedy who negotiated with America's enemies? Or the Kennedy who paid for an increase in social security benefits through an increase in payroll tax? Or the Kennedy who fought to create Medicare, which would later be created under LBJ? Or the Kennedy who said "I'm proud to say I'm a Liberal"? Or the Kennedy who raised the minimum wage?

For someone who wasn't a Liberal, he sure acted like one.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies