Dems doing oppo research on Pence, Kasich, Haley, etc., in case Trump isn't nom.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:09:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Dems doing oppo research on Pence, Kasich, Haley, etc., in case Trump isn't nom.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dems doing oppo research on Pence, Kasich, Haley, etc., in case Trump isn't nom.  (Read 481 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 17, 2017, 08:56:51 PM »
« edited: August 22, 2017, 03:16:57 PM by Mr. Morden »

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tariniparti/democrats-are-preparing-to-run-against-mike-pence-in-2020

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 07:28:26 PM »

Reasonable
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 03:18:27 PM »

*bump*

Looks like it's not just Pence:

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/22/democrats-2020-trump-primary-241866

mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 03:40:05 PM »

Probably not a bad idea.  Pence is a fairly staunch social conservative so he is probably the easiest to dig up dirt on although far from certain they would beat him, but much easier to beat than say John Kasich who I think if he is GOP nomination the Democrats will have a very tough time beating him.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2017, 03:47:43 PM »

Pence was a conservative talk show host in the 90s. He surely must have said some controversial things about women and LGBT people during that period. There were some rumors about Haley having an affair with someone when she was governor. Most of it probably was sexism (tbh I was surprised that 4chan didn't try to create the rumor that Hillary had a secret toyboy/male prostitute), but we're talking about the presidency here so they're probably going to use everything they can use (and Haley would do the same). I'm not sure if there is much on Kasich. He worked at Lehman Brothers, maybe there's something there.
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2017, 03:53:24 PM »

Pence was a conservative talk show host in the 90s. He surely must have said some controversial things about women and LGBT people during that period. There were some rumors about Haley having an affair with someone when she was governor. Most of it probably was sexism (tbh I was surprised that 4chan didn't try to create the rumor that Hillary had a secret toyboy/male prostitute), but we're talking about the presidency here so they're probably going to use everything they can use (and Haley would do the same). I'm not sure if there is much on Kasich. He worked at Lehman Brothers, maybe there's something there.

Very little on Kasich.  The only thing I think that could do him in is if he gets overconfident and takes for granted winning sort of like Theresa May did, otherwise I think he would be very hard for the Democrats to beat.  The other possibility is if Trump's resignation comes to close to 2020 so people just want to punish the GOP period, I am thinking of McCain in 2008 who was quite popular earlier and had Bush not been so unpopular McCain probably would have won.
60+ GOP Seats After 2018 GUARANTEED
ahugecat

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2017, 04:07:47 PM »

Man, for a party against Citizens United, they sure do have a lot of Super PACs don't they?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2017, 05:22:14 PM »

Neither Haley nor Pence are going to win in November if Trump isn't the nominee. Working for an unpopular President (Pence as VP, Haley as UN Ambassador), will cause either to sink like a stone amongst independents, moderates, and Republicans unhappy with Trump.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2017, 05:42:32 PM »

Personally I think that if anyone knocks off Trump in the primary it'll be Cruz. Pence could be the incumbent in the case of resignation/impeachment, though. If Trump leaves office and Pence decides not to run again or is primaried it'll be wide open like 2016 was.

I think people thinking Kasich actually has a shot of winning a nationwide Republican primary these days are delusional.
Possiblymaybe
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2017, 06:30:46 PM »
« Edited: August 23, 2017, 07:21:44 PM by Possiblymaybe »

Neither Haley nor Pence are going to win in November if Trump isn't the nominee. Working for an unpopular President (Pence as VP, Haley as UN Ambassador), will cause either to sink like a stone amongst independents, moderates, and Republicans unhappy with Trump.

Haley is using every opportunity to distance herself from him but I kind of agree that it's more likely to be someone from outside the administration.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2017, 06:53:48 PM »

tbh I was surprised that 4chan didn't try to create the rumor that Hillary had a secret toyboy/male prostitute

Isn't there a long-standing rumor that Hillary is a lesbian?

gotta play the game to change the game mang
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies