Lamest current forum meme
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:08:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Lamest current forum meme
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Which meme is the lamest?
Fake Wikipedia President listings

"Ironic" John Delaney support

New Hampshire women

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 61

Author Topic: Lamest current forum meme  (Read 1861 times)
Kleine Scheiße
PeteHam
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.16, S: -1.74

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2017, 05:55:15 PM »

"Angry NH women" is the objectively worst meme of all time. Very sad!
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2017, 08:58:31 PM »

I've forgotten that this forum has sigs at all, because I've had them disabled for year(s) now.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2017, 02:28:14 AM »

The NH women thing is the worst by far, overflowing with disgusting sexism, especially the sexism towards the two NH representatives like in Cora's signature.

NH women because the Atlas obsession with female politicians in general is annoying and creepy.

Also what the hell is this?

Also memes like these feel to me like a natural part of the NH meme. This obsession with mocking female politicians should stop.
Roblox

« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2017, 07:50:37 PM »

The NH thing. The Delaney thing is actually kind of funny. The Wiki thing is funny when it isn't taken too seriously.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2017, 08:34:32 AM »

The Wikipedia thing is kind of unavoidable with how prevalent it is in sigs. As for the NH women thing, you've seen at least one part of it in the sig of that certain Jew hater you were just arguing with, and it's every bit as funny as his posts on Jews.
I guess I have seen the wiki thing in sigs, didn't know it was a "thing".  And while I've noticed the sig of the bigot Cora, I haven't actually looked at it enough to figure out what is going on.  I've gotten pretty good at just scrolling past tall sigs.

<beating a dead horse>
which of course should be banned, like they are everywhere else on the internet.  They are annoying and the people that have them are selfish.
</beating>

If you're always just ignoring sigs anyway, why not just turn them off?

I haven't seen a sig in like 10 years.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2017, 09:12:30 AM »

The NH women thing is the worst by far, overflowing with disgusting sexism, especially the sexism towards the two NH representatives like in Cora's signature.

NH women because the Atlas obsession with female politicians in general is annoying and creepy.

Also memes like these feel to me like a natural part of the NH meme. This obsession with mocking female politicians should stop.

I am actually very much in favor of equal rights, very much in favor of equal pay and in many cases for abortion rights. I wouldn't call myself sexist at all. However, Cora has said stuff in the past that I most certainly don't agree with (support for Hamas). I don't think Cora's signature is sexist either and there is absolutely no proof to support that theory
Most people don't self identify as such, no.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2017, 10:17:35 AM »

The Wikipedia thing is kind of unavoidable with how prevalent it is in sigs. As for the NH women thing, you've seen at least one part of it in the sig of that certain Jew hater you were just arguing with, and it's every bit as funny as his posts on Jews.
I guess I have seen the wiki thing in sigs, didn't know it was a "thing".  And while I've noticed the sig of the bigot Cora, I haven't actually looked at it enough to figure out what is going on.  I've gotten pretty good at just scrolling past tall sigs.

<beating a dead horse>
which of course should be banned, like they are everywhere else on the internet.  They are annoying and the people that have them are selfish.
</beating>

hey, that's great.  I like sigs though.  It's why I have several appropriately sized real ones.

Don't other people get bothered by having to scroll past 600 pixel tall sigs?  It's like people not passing in the passing lane, are those people not annoyed by other people not passing in the passing lane from time to time?  How does it not sink in to them that they do the exact same, annoying, thing?  How can they NOT learn a lesson from others doing the exact same, WRONG, thing?  selfishness
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2017, 05:34:06 PM »

Wiki leads to large sigs, qed.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2017, 07:50:06 AM »

I am actually very much in favor of equal rights, very much in favor of equal pay and in many cases for abortion rights. I wouldn't call myself sexist at all. However, Cora has said stuff in the past that I most certainly don't agree with (support for Hamas). I don't think Cora's signature is sexist either and there is absolutely no proof to support that theory

Sure you are, sweetie.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2017, 08:43:09 AM »

The NH women meme is dumb, sure. But it is not sexist.

Stop making big issues out of something that isn't even that bad. There have been plenty of stupid memes made with male politicians, as well.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2017, 11:08:28 AM »

Write in for Wulfric's endorsements.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2017, 12:52:48 PM »

Stop making big issues out of something that isn't even that bad. There have been plenty of stupid memes made with male politicians, as well.

Remember when IndyRep changed his name to Governor Horseface to mock Maggie Hassan? That was totally innocent and didn't have the slightest twinge of sexism!
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2017, 01:08:27 PM »

I guess I have seen the wiki thing in sigs, didn't know it was a "thing".  And while I've noticed the sig of the bigot Cora, I haven't actually looked at it enough to figure out what is going on.  I've gotten pretty good at just scrolling past tall sigs.

<beating a dead horse>
which of course should be banned, like they are everywhere else on the internet.  They are annoying and the people that have them are selfish.
</beating>

This. I have no idea what is in my sig right now, and I am happy that way. I was skeptical at first, but it really makes the forum 10x better.

Remember when IndyRep changed his name to Governor Horseface to mock Maggie Hassan? That was totally innocent and didn't have the slightest twinge of sexism!

You would have had a point if horse-facedness were not also used to mock male politicians, e.g. John Kerry.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2017, 02:25:04 PM »

It's sexist because it's just crudely mocking female politicians for bring women. There's no real punchline or anything else they have in common. Not even NH at this point since a good chunk of it is mocking Debbie Stabenow...

Even then my main complaint is the humor being about equal in level to that of an ISIS beheading video.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2017, 02:35:17 PM »

It's sexist because it's just crudely mocking female politicians for bring women. There's no real punchline or anything else they have in common. Not even NH at this point since a good chunk of it is mocking Debbie Stabenow...

Even then my main complaint is the humor being about equal in level to that of an ISIS beheading video.

Funny, I don't recall most of the ones I've seen mocking them just because they were women.

Women being the subject of the meme =/= being mocked because they're women.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies