Was Unite The Right one of the biggest backfires ever?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:20:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Was Unite The Right one of the biggest backfires ever?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Was Unite The Right one of the biggest backfires ever?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 50

Author Topic: Was Unite The Right one of the biggest backfires ever?  (Read 1642 times)
Figueira
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2017, 11:37:06 AM »

President Trump is about to be more popular than ever because the national tone has just shifted massively to issues the Republicans can win on. What reality are you living in?

What issues are those, exactly?

#HeritageNotHate

Um, the path to winning back the White House in 2020 is flipping Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania back. Associating Trump with the Confederacy in the minds of northerners is a good way to do that.

I want to agree with this, but you'd be shocked at the number of Confederate flags I've seen in New England.

That said, I think the Confederate thing can be used against Trump if done in the right way.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2017, 12:10:03 PM »

I mean I think it's safe to say those protesters sure as hell didn't accomplish...whatever they intended to do. Meanwhile the statue still goes away, more statues and memorials go down as a result, and their President ends up an outcast with no political capital. None of that would've occurred if they hadn't held the rally.

It wasn't the rally itself that brought them down; it was the car attack.

Meanwhile you cannot forget about the guys who lost their jobs and all their internet hubs being shuttered.

All they did was bring attention to a woman, a 70 year old film, and a new anti Trump logo.

Had it not been for that piece of filth we'd still have Heather, and they'd still have their websites, statues, and jobs. That rally was reputation suicide for every person involved.
This. The reaction to the rally has been overwhelmingly negative.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2017, 12:31:17 PM »

Yeah, this thing backfired badly.

Overt racism is something no American wants to see or be associated with.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2017, 12:35:10 PM »

Seeing hundreds of fellow travelers come out in the open can only encourage more people to do so. De facto WNs are not the 1% of the population that the media and politicians like to pretend they are.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2017, 12:44:12 PM »

Seeing hundreds of fellow travelers come out in the open can only encourage more people to do so. De facto WNs are not the 1% of the population that the media and politicians like to pretend they are.

I agree that there are way more of these people out there. But I disagree that this rally will only encourage them.

Alot of these people are cowards and once they get some sort of pushback from their jobs, schools, friends etc. They back down.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2017, 06:00:53 PM »

It clearly hurt the reputation of the Alt Right. Attempts to meld the Confederacy with the Third Reich might be attractive to neo-Nazis, but it hurts anyone who wants a genteel image of the Confederacy.

We got introduced to American Vanguard... in the worst way possible.

The President most amenable to right-wing, racist themes since Woodrow Wilson has been shown a fool and a liar to an extent not before known.   
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies