US-SEN 2020: Which seats should Democrats go after? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:07:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  US-SEN 2020: Which seats should Democrats go after? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Choose states
Alaska

Colorado

Georgia

Iowa

Maine

Montana

North Carolina

South Carolina

Texas

West Virginia

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 108

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: US-SEN 2020: Which seats should Democrats go after?  (Read 5182 times)
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« on: August 20, 2017, 06:08:17 PM »

I mean obviously Dems should go after all of them, but the ones that Dems need to most pay attention to, and I'm doing this in order of priority.

Colorado - GOP Senator in a state that trended against Trump is a perfect target, especially a GOP Senator who is very uncomfortable with President Trump and will have to spend time finding wiggle room. While I think Gardner is politically adept, he's not Rob Portman in the way that he's so bland he can get away with it, and I think he may shed Trump support over some potential statements he may make. Nevertheless, Gardners vote record shows his lack of actual independence, so Gardner needs to be defeated.

North Carolina - Thom Tillis is just now realizing he's in a swing state and has been acting accordingly, but nevertheless he's still a very marginal political talent, and resources need to be placed here.

Georgia - This race got a lot hotter since David Perdue backed the RAISE Act. I think he put a much larger target on his back. This definitely needs some resources.

Montana - Despite Trumps popularity here, Montana is very flexible in terms of who its willing to support, and Daines didn't exactly win here with a globe trotter result. I think this is a very possible seat should dems play their cards right. We probably shouldn't nominate Rob Quist again though.

Alaska - I actually place Alaska ahead of Iowa for a couple of reasons - Alaska is trending in the opposite direction of Iowa, and the fact is I think that Dan Sullivan is a much duller and weaker political actor than Joni Ernst. Sullivan barely beat Mark Begich even in a fairly massive Republican wave in 2014.

Iowa - I think Joni Ernst probably wins here - she's already fitting into that same mold that Chuck Grassley has been in for years. I'd be very surprised if she lost. Nevertheless, Iowa isn't a far right state yet, and so if we can find a great candidate there is no question we need to invest here. I'm just very pessimistic.

Maine - Here just in case Susan Collins retires or, hehe, Susan Collins gets defeated in a GOP primary. Dems should recruit a great candidate just in case and they should fight Collins, but definitely Collins winning would make it very tough for a Democrat to have a chance.

We should put a couple of nickels towards Texas (where Cornyn has never won that impressively) and maybe a couple of pennies toward South Carolina (In case Graham gets ousted by Richard Spencer's dog handler or some weird neo-nazi) and then not even bother in West Virginia unless the second coming of Ken Hechler decides to run.

He won by 18 points??
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies