NPR/Marist/PBS poll: 6/10 Americans against removal of Confederate Statues (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:02:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  NPR/Marist/PBS poll: 6/10 Americans against removal of Confederate Statues (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NPR/Marist/PBS poll: 6/10 Americans against removal of Confederate Statues  (Read 2889 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: August 22, 2017, 04:23:57 PM »

The history behind these men and especially the Civil War has been incredibly white washed and desensitized. This result is not surprising.
Not sure what they teach you guys in Georgia, but some Southerners don't get our history whitewashed. We just don't shame ourselves for what some people's ancestors* did generations ago, unlike the Germans.

*Not all of mine - one was poisoned because he was elected to go to the Arkansas secession gathering, and he made it clear he was not only opposed to secession, but some reports indicate he opposed the expansion of slavery - a very, very radical view considering his time and place, which I think we should consider.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 02:17:29 AM »

I find it interesting that 7% of Latinos agree with White Nationalists according to this poll. And that the Northeast and West had more folks who agree with White Nationalists than the South. Similar numbers for those who agree with the Alt-Right.
The police brutality mostly isn't as bad in the South. On almost every single racial issue, taking into account the per capita thereof, the South is better.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies