How would a " President Hillary Clinton" would be doing now?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:44:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  How would a " President Hillary Clinton" would be doing now?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: How would a " President Hillary Clinton" would be doing now?  (Read 2225 times)
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2017, 01:42:21 PM »

Nikki Haley would be the presumptive frontrunner for the 2020 GOP nomination and it would be increasingly clear she'd win. The GOP would be on the verge of winning control of enough state legislatures to call and control a constitutional convention, and there would be a serious movement afoot to do so. The GOP would have a veto on any and all legislation and the grassroots GOP would heavily pressure party members not to pass anything support by Clinton. The GOP would be in an even better position for the Senate than they are now.

PRetty much this, but I fear that it would be someone more extreme like Tom Cotton or Ted Cruz instead of Nikki HAley.

Regardless we would be effectively a one-party state due to the impotence of the Democrats in this scenario.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2017, 05:15:02 PM »

I presume the main things I would approve of would be:
- Support for the Paris Agreement
- Merrick Garland for SCOTUS
- Intervention in Syria

Other than that, I can't really name many Clinton proposals I'd support. Maybe a $10-$12 minimum wage and some background checks/mental health tests expansions for guns?
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2017, 12:01:42 AM »

People here are really underestimating what a sobering experience it would have been to first lose the party to Trump and then lose a third presential election in a row. The idea that by losing the GOP would suddenly be stronger than ever is ludicrous.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies