How does political polarization manifest itself socially or in our daily lives?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:08:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  How does political polarization manifest itself socially or in our daily lives?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: How does political polarization manifest itself socially or in our daily lives?  (Read 3024 times)
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2017, 09:55:17 PM »

What is surprising?
That is totally normal especially in the south.

No it isn't.

I and most politically-minded people I know would never marry across party lines.  That's pretty normal, especially in a world where the two parties have very different sets of values.
Coraxion
Ethiopia

« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2017, 10:11:02 PM »

HP.
Just today, somebody ripped the Trump sticker off my car. This kinda behavior is brand new to me. I had rocks thrown at my old apartment's window over a Trump sign too.
Rightfully so.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2017, 11:14:34 PM »

The area I live in voted for Trump and Clinton 50/50 down racial lines. Most of the Trump supporters here are batsh*t tea party people who wear "Hillary for Prison" and "White Lives Matter" t-shirts. The political discourse here is very combative and I'm honestly over it. It is stressful having debates/arguments with individuals who overlook fact based evidence to defend their position. And this is from both educated and non-educated Trump voters. It is maddening and I don't remember this level of cultism during the Bush years. Even as an Obama supporter, I don't remember being so enamored with him that I couldn't handle legitimate criticism of him. Oh well. I am preparing to make a move to a more Dem friendly area soon. Philly and DC both seem appealing, maybe Miami.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2017, 11:21:23 PM »

The vast majority of people here don't actually care if you call it "Cali" (or "The OC" for that matter). Tongue

JA, have you considered moving south, closer to say Miami?

Eh, housing down there is pretty expensive, especially considering they don't pay well and it has really high crime. Plus that unbearable heat. No thanks. If I ever get enough money saved up and a decent job offer, I'd head to the Pacific Coast or Northeast. Otherwise, I'll just stay here.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2017, 11:45:49 PM »

The vast majority of people here don't actually care if you call it "Cali" (or "The OC" for that matter). Tongue

JA, have you considered moving south, closer to say Miami?

Eh, housing down there is pretty expensive, especially considering they don't pay well and it has really high crime. Plus that unbearable heat. No thanks. If I ever get enough money saved up and a decent job offer, I'd head to the Pacific Coast or Northeast. Otherwise, I'll just stay here.
Take it from me: South Florida is terribad.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies