Effects of Trump calling Pakistan enemy of civilization, India to take charge (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:54:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Effects of Trump calling Pakistan enemy of civilization, India to take charge (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Effects of Trump calling Pakistan enemy of civilization, India to take charge  (Read 3058 times)
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« on: August 22, 2017, 05:37:31 AM »

We need to guide India's development and mold it in our image.

trying to nation build in INDIA???

good luck with that.....my god

The Indian political system, unlike ours, is not broken.

When it comes time to make sure that America does not fall into the depravity of politics that it now wallows, maybe we could learn from the world's leading democracy. One sixth of the world's population, you know. 
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 03:05:11 AM »

We need to guide India's development and mold it in our image.

trying to nation build in INDIA???

good luck with that.....my god

The Indian political system, unlike ours, is not broken.

When it comes time to make sure that America does not fall into the depravity of politics that it now wallows, maybe we could learn from the world's leading democracy. One sixth of the world's population, you know. 

Why is ours broken? Because your chosen candidate didn't win an election?

1. The legislative branch: gerrymandering is obvious enough in making politics unrepresentative. Rural areas are over-represented and urban areas are under-represented. Urban and rural areas vote very differently, and in a state like Michigan, such cities as Battle Creek, Kalamazoo, Grand Rapids, Lansing, and East Lansing have their votes diluted in rural areas.

2. Again on the legislative branch: in practice, elected officials may be in the position in which they do nothing without consulting Party bosses before deliberating or voting  (indicating that democracy within the majority Party may be slight) or corporate lobbyists who serve as connections between financial backers and voting on issues in Congress.

Such suggests that a claim to democracy in America is weak.

3. State legislatures are much the same. The Michigan Republican Party has the sort of lockstep obedience from state legislators as the Communist Party of the Soviet Union had over "elected" legislators in the old USSR.

4. The Presidential election may have been under the influence of foreign interests, including the intelligence services of another country -- and ORGANIZED CRIME domiciled in America but connected to another country.   

Participation in elections is for Americans. Foreigners are not allowed to make monetary contributions to federal elections. I know -- I have had to turn down contributions to my local Democratic Party in recent elections from non-citizens.

The system would be broken if my candidates had largely won with the aid of the Chinese dictatorship and Chinese tongs and triads loyal to China.

The United States of America has the sort of political reality in which government represents economic power instead of the People. That suggests in practice the Corporate State of Benito Mussolini, a political order in which legislative institutions represent economic interests instead of human constituencies. Basically one gets representation based on whether one is part of the automotive industry, agriculture, high technology, energy production, military contracting, medicine, etc. If you work in agriculture and you milk the cows (literally), then you are assumed to have the same interests as the ownership of the dairies (in fact dairying has gone from being a farming activity to becoming a factory-like operation, with most workers being treated like toilers in sweat-shops).     

In the Corporate State there is no possibility of a class struggle. There is no need for labor unions. Owners and executives dominate life, and others suffer for them, ideally with forced smiles.  That's Italy as Mussolini was consolidating dictatorial power and that's America today.

May we soon discover otherwise, that my fear has no foundation. In short, may I be wrong in my assessment of dangerous trends in American politics.   
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies