Has Charlottesville been crossed?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:50:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Has Charlottesville been crossed?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Has Charlottesville been crossed?  (Read 145 times)
masimons
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 22, 2017, 06:28:06 AM »

That disgusting bloody bath in Charlottesville, Virginia, became sort of a milestone event for the American nation that has come to the brink of civil war as close as never before since 1865. Both radical camps, the far rightists and the leftists, have been summoning up their supporters, the tense faces of the enemies being lighted up with ominous glow of the bygone Los-Angeles fire. Those are the enemies with practically free access to small arms. Those are the enemies having massive support in the army, National Guard and police. The reason of this mutual hatred is as old as the hills. Still, what was actually the pretext for this recent massacre? Why on earth did the Charlottesville city council resort to that weird decision to at any cost remove the century old monument of Confederate Gen. E. Lee? It just amounts to some meager petty revenge of the 21st century homunculus race to the 19th century giant. The cost of this scornful spit into the past is one human life now and trouble that may only multiply in future.

I hate racism and those redneck jack-straws, all in white sheets, you know, make me doubt the relevancy of the proud self-appellation employed presently by our biological class. But fairness requires me to say that the opposite side is also demonstrating to the fagged-out world community the pure idiotism in its fine feather. I did my best to delve into the leftists' motives. Yes, General Lee by no doubts was staying on strong defense of the Confederate basic foundations – slavery of course. But how can it concern the removal of the monument? For your information, Pericles, the father of Athens democracy, also possessed some slaves. And Pharaoh Cheops treated his people much worse than any American plantation owner exploiting his swarthy captives. Following the leftist logic, we should expect crowds of junk politicos and anarchist hordes approach the Great Pyramid and the Acropolis with heavy hammers and dynamite. I wonder if at all there is any sinless person among those past time celebrities that have been honored with the monuments to commemorate their deeds. I'm just "melting with joy" watching  the so called "progressive community" debating "immorality" of the Confederation leaders and at the same time willingly wearing badges with the portrait of Mao Zedong, the Chinese communist strongman guilty in the deaths of millions in his country and obsessed with nuclear war.

Monuments to prominent figures of the past are integrated into historical landscape. Furthermore, they are also an element of the national cultural self-identification. Nobody has ever meant to ban colored communities erect monuments of Martin Luther King or Bob Marley. But infantile approach "let's demolish it 'course we don't like it" appears to be a totally rotten and destructive one. But for this idiocy, the poor woman would stay alive and keep enjoying life now. Why on earth should we allow this sort of madness bringing absolutely sane citizens into the embrace of marginal forces despite their political coloration? This is the way to an abyss and perhaps the Rubicon of Charlottesville has been crossed already. The last thing to rely on at present is just the good sense of the American people, though with each passing day the hope is shrinking.   
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies