Does anyone on this forum support Trump anymore?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:06:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Does anyone on this forum support Trump anymore?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Does anyone on this forum support Trump anymore?  (Read 5102 times)
FDB
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 22, 2017, 02:14:23 PM »

deleted
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 02:28:53 PM »

(Raises hand) 80% of the people here didn't support him anyway.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 02:30:48 PM »

I don't have complete faith in anyone's judgment.

To be honest, I have been fairly ambivalent about Trump from day 1 - other than appointing Gorsuch, I can't say there were any huge wins from my point of view, but nothing I forcefully disagree with either as far as policies go.  I can't speak for others, but I don't feel strongly enough to feel a need to defend Trump, especially on a liberal forum like this (and there are some statements by Trump which I found disappointing, especially after Charlottesville).
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 02:33:10 PM »

A lot of what RFayette said, but he has been fairly successful (apart from the Obamacare fiasco) from a policy standpoint.  I just try to ignore everything he says and only look at what he does- and, by that standard, he has done a great job.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2017, 02:41:57 PM »

You shouldn't be "completely devoted" to or have "complete faith" in ANY politician's judgement ... like seriously, that's ed up.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2017, 02:50:21 PM »

He thinks most of his base are racists who sympathize with Nazis. Hard to support someone who thinks so little of you.

McConnell deserves credit for Gorsuch, not Trump.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2017, 03:23:59 PM »

Well, no, he is definitely a politician now. You are only really an outsider so long as you stay on the outside. Being POTUS of all things makes that impossible.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2017, 03:30:21 PM »

I don't really support him anymore. I could if he cleans up his act, actually contributes his good ideas, and is found 100% of collusion or financial crimes
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2017, 03:33:25 PM »

Not really. He pushed me to join the Democratic Party because he's let me down on infrastructure and his refusal to call out the Charlottesville KKK and Neo-Nazis was disturbing. He's turned establishment GOP.
SNJ1985
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.19, S: 7.57

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2017, 04:42:56 PM »

I am a mild Trump supporter.
Coraxion
Ethiopia

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2017, 04:51:04 PM »

Only the typical fools that come to mind when you say "Atlas Republican".
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2017, 04:55:29 PM »

Only the typical fools that come to mind when you say "Atlas Republican".

The R-IL avatars don't support Trump.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2017, 05:02:11 PM »

I support Trump just as much as I ever did.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2017, 05:06:04 PM »

I'm sure this forum have a sizable number of shy Trump supporters, who just don't want to compromise themselves by admitting this.

I mean if "Trump shy voter" turned out to be a real deal...
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2017, 05:09:01 PM »

I'm sure this forum have a sizable number of shy Trump supporters, who just don't want to compromise themselves by admitting this.

I mean if "Trump shy voter" turned out to be a real deal...

Most posters who are in the shy Trump supporter demographic are open Trump supporters.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2017, 05:23:05 PM »

To be honest, I have been fairly ambivalent about Trump from day 1 - other than appointing Gorsuch, I can't say there were any huge wins from my point of view, but nothing I forcefully disagree with either as far as policies go.  I can't speak for others, but I don't feel strongly enough to feel a need to defend Trump, especially on a liberal forum like this (and there are some statements by Trump which I found disappointing, especially after Charlottesville).
A lot of what RFayette said, but he has been fairly successful (apart from the Obamacare fiasco) from a policy standpoint.  I just try to ignore everything he says and only look at what he does- and, by that standard, he has done a great job.
You don't particularly care about the Paris Agreement, renegotiating NAFTA, funding democratic Syrian rebels, our relationship with India and Pakistan, or any of the other policies? I'm not trying to be critical - I'm trying to see if you forgot anything, perhaps. Also, I'm a bit surprised at ExtremeRepublican being upset with Trump over Charlottesville - maybe it has something to do with the alt-right attacking him viciously?
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2017, 05:38:13 PM »

You don't particularly care about the Paris Agreement, renegotiating NAFTA, funding democratic Syrian rebels, our relationship with India and Pakistan, or any of the other policies? I'm not trying to be critical - I'm trying to see if you forgot anything, perhaps. Also, I'm a bit surprised at ExtremeRepublican being upset with Trump over Charlottesville - maybe it has something to do with the alt-right attacking him viciously?

I have actually long fully condemned the alt-right and all forms of racism.  I don't even take a hard-line on immigration (I'm probably closer to Rubio's view than Trump's), so I have very little in common with their views.  Plus, they are racists who love abortion for the sole purpose of killing minorities.  Disgusting!
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2017, 05:40:55 PM »

^This (though I might be a bit further to the right on immigration than ER)...also, with respect to climate change, I kind of forgot about this issue in this frenzied news cycle, but I do disagree with some of Trump's actions on that front.  Luckily, I think rapid technological advances will be able to solve much of the problem on its own, but time will tell.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2017, 05:45:23 PM »

I have actually long fully condemned the alt-right and all forms of racism.  I don't even take a hard-line on immigration (I'm probably closer to Rubio's view than Trump's), so I have very little in common with their views.  Plus, they are racists who love abortion for the sole purpose of killing minorities.  Disgusting!

You should join CORE and the NAACP. It's not at all for my own amusement.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2017, 05:52:05 PM »

^This (though I might be a bit further to the right on immigration than ER)...also, with respect to climate change, I kind of forgot about this issue in this frenzied news cycle, but I do disagree with some of Trump's actions on that front.  Luckily, I think rapid technological advances will be able to solve much of the problem on its own, but time will tell.

My immigration position is essentially

-Secure the border
-Ban sanctuary cities
-Deport all criminal illegal immigrants
-No mass deportations, but no path to citizenship either
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2017, 07:26:25 PM »

Not really. He pushed me to join the Democratic Party because he's let me down on infrastructure and his refusal to call out the Charlottesville KKK and Neo-Nazis was disturbing. He's turned establishment GOP.
The highlighted part is my concern.  Establishment GOP isn't what I voted for.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2017, 07:57:19 PM »

I voted for him, but I never supported him actively. I decided to vote for him when I actually was in the voting booth.

I do not approve of him atm, but I don't despise him either. I'm just disappointed in myself for voting for him instead of writing in a conservative alternative. I still operate on a "bash him when he's wrong" and "praise him when he's right" policy but I have had very little praise for him since Late June.

I will likely back a (admittedly doomed) primary challenge against Trump in 2020, assuming it is someone like Ben Sasse, or better.

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2017, 09:29:00 PM »

You shouldn't be "completely devoted" to or have "complete faith" in ANY politician's judgement ... like seriously, that's ed up.

Uh, no? That's perfectly fine...but not for Trump. Not at all. But for Barack Obama, that's how I was for almost 10 years, and for Bernie Sanders, that's how I am now.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2017, 09:39:36 PM »

Uh, no? That's perfectly fine...but not for Trump. Not at all. But for Barack Obama, that's how I was for almost 10 years, and for Bernie Sanders, that's how I am now.

So it's fine if it's someone you agree with? Nice!
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2017, 09:57:33 PM »
« Edited: August 22, 2017, 09:59:38 PM by Virginia »

A lot of what RFayette said, but he has been fairly successful (apart from the Obamacare fiasco) from a policy standpoint.  I just try to ignore everything he says and only look at what he does- and, by that standard, he has done a great job.

Do you ever see yourself caring about how vile of a person he is? Is that ever going to factor?

I get that policy matters at the end of the day, but there have to be limits. I'd rather deal with the reality of a President Romney or Rubio then have to toss out my integrity for some Democratic Trump. This is what I can't understand about some conservatives, particularly religious ones. It's like Trump was created in a lab to see how just how much people would tolerate, and so far, it's like none of it matters.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies