Should teaching science in schools be banned in favor of religion? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:56:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Should teaching science in schools be banned in favor of religion? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should teaching science in schools be banned in favor of religion?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 47

Author Topic: Should teaching science in schools be banned in favor of religion?  (Read 6565 times)
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« on: August 28, 2005, 10:41:29 PM »

Micro-Intelligent design is very, very real.  One of the more oft-cited examples of micro-evolution is actually an example of ID in work.  The breeding of dogs is an example of ID at work.  The example I am referring to is the breeding of dogs.

Let’s say I want a dog that is capable of surviving in cold temperatures, has good endurance and works well in packs.  I have several.  I have a breed that is good in the cold, a second that has tremendous endurance and a third that is a natural pack hunter.  Through cross breeding for a few generations I produce the dog I want.

This is Intelligent Design, not evolution.  I have created the breed I wanted.  ID does not have to mean God in his heaven created species at the time and place of his choosing.  It can mean I in my backyard create a new species to meet my needs.

The problem with evolution is that the predicted transition species are not in the fossil records.  The problem with ID is that it is, essentially, cannot be proven at this time, and possibly ever.  For both of them the absence of evidence cannot be considered evidence of absence.

However, at the micro level, both are demonstrably true.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2005, 11:12:49 PM »

Notice how I carefully use myself in the example.  As a memeber of homo sapien danorian, a confirmed intelligent subspiecies of human, I know the designer is intelligent.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 10:55:12 AM »
« Edited: September 01, 2005, 10:59:31 AM by Tredrick »

Not in Kansas Anymore

Should get a laugh or two.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies