the problem with Trump is...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:12:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  the problem with Trump is...
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: the problem with Trump is...
that he has a mental problem

that he is just not very smart

there is nothing seriously wrong with his brain and he ain't dumb, he's just evil/greedy/whatever

there is nothing seriously wrong with his brain, he means well and he's doing the best he can

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 58

Author Topic: the problem with Trump is...  (Read 1006 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 24, 2017, 08:32:56 AM »

It's likely a combination of the two, and if you agree with that, pick the "stronger" trait.  I had just thought he was dumb for the longest time, but I'm starting to think he might have some kind of unaddressed mental handicap too.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 09:08:43 AM »

... that he probably has a narcissistic personality disorder.

(The fact that he had no prior experience in any kind of political office doesn't help either. This wouldn't necessarily constitute a problem for someone who has a stable personality, although it's still a bit of a risk.)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 09:28:38 AM »

Option 4
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 12:56:23 PM »

There are multiple types of intelligence. Trump obviously has disdain for formal knowledge and facts, but he does trust his instincts implicitly, and they are clearly excellent in some regards. He may have a psychological problem, but I don't see the point in speculating about that or tossing around diagnoses from behind a computer screen. Mostly, he is just a man of poor character and zero intellectual curiosity.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 02:29:33 AM »

... that he probably has a narcissistic personality disorder.

(The fact that he had no prior experience in any kind of political office doesn't help either. This wouldn't necessarily constitute a problem for someone who has a stable personality, although it's still a bit of a risk.)

Agreed. Trump shows strong signs of a narcissistic personality disorder.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2017, 08:08:07 AM »
« Edited: August 25, 2017, 08:13:02 AM by Senator Scott, PPT »

He obviously has something like narcissistic personality disorder, and he also probably cannot read well.  Although perhaps the whole 'not being able to read' thing, if true, might be connected to other mental health issues.  And it's fairly obvious he has ADD.

Option one.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2017, 08:59:29 AM »

He obviously has something like narcissistic personality disorder, and he also probably cannot read well.  Although perhaps the whole 'not being able to read' thing, if true, might be connected to other mental health issues.  And it's fairly obvious he has ADD.

Option one.

Reading itsself is less a problem, I guess. More that his attention span is very short. Both in reading and during a presentation. That's a serious disadvantage for a president.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2017, 12:17:31 PM »

He's naturally stupid but advanced age, decades of (alleged) cocaine use, addiction to cable news, and being surrounded by people who never tell him No for the past 30 years have warped his mind into the fart machine we know today.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2017, 12:01:50 AM »

He's a narcissistic piece of s**t and generally a terrible person. People with mental health problems tend to be good people, please don't lump them in with scum like trump.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2017, 02:27:33 AM »

He has no core ideology and doesn't have the political know how to navigate the federal bureaucracy. Those two traits make it difficult for him to set an agenda and get it through.

Not gonna comment on his mental health.
AN63093

Political Matrix
E: 0.06, S: 2.17

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2017, 03:10:10 AM »

He has no core ideology and doesn't have the political know how to navigate the federal bureaucracy. Those two traits make it difficult for him to set an agenda and get it through.

Not gonna comment on his mental health.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2017, 01:15:26 PM »

I would say that Trump's incredible narcissism is the root of most of what I find objectionable about him and his presidency. That seems like more of a character trait than a mental disorder to me.
Wakie77
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2017, 04:06:11 PM »

There are 2 major problems with Trump.

1) He refuses to admit that he can ever be wrong about anything.  This is downright dangerous.

2) He clearly has a very short temper and is easily triggered by even the smallest perceived slight.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2017, 07:36:37 PM »

I put that he's not very smart, but only in terms of governing the country, not business.

As others have said, it's his overarching narcissism that made me drift away from him.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2017, 08:56:54 PM »

His narcissism is debilitating to the point that it defines, and subsequently undermines, everything else about him. His experience of existence is a highly superficial one, experiencing everything from the mentality of a ten year old craving popularity, throwing a fit whenever he doesn't get his way, and bullying others to assuage his ego. There isn't any greater depth to him as a person than that, he is purely a walking, talking id.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2017, 03:42:26 AM »

There are multiple types of intelligence. Trump obviously has disdain for formal knowledge and facts, but he does trust his instincts implicitly, and they are clearly excellent in some regards. He may have a psychological problem, but I don't see the point in speculating about that or tossing around diagnoses from behind a computer screen. Mostly, he is just a man of poor character and zero intellectual curiosity.

This pretty much, though I do agree that his behaviour, like that "I WON THE ELECTION" facade, show strong signs of narcissism.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2017, 01:05:10 PM »

Option 3
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: