Does a dem win in Arizona require that the Democrats win Maricopa? County? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:47:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Does a dem win in Arizona require that the Democrats win Maricopa? County? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Does a dem win in Arizona require that the Democrats win Maricopa? County?  (Read 2376 times)
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« on: August 24, 2017, 03:25:52 PM »

Why would a Democratic win in Arizona necessitate that they win one of its most Republican counties?

Maricopa voted left of the state in 2016.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 04:08:43 PM »

Why would a Democratic win in Arizona necessitate that they win one of its most Republican counties?

Maricopa voted left of the state in 2016.

I wouldn't get too confident in any sort of trend just because of one election, but that's just me.  The county had a huge 7.5% third party vote, and these are Democrats percentages there the past several elections:

2016: 44.8%
2012: 43.6%
2008: 43.9%
2004: 42.3%

While Trump did drop down a lot from Romney's 2012 percentage (54.3% to 47.7%), hardly any of those voters felt comfortable deflecting to the Democrats.

Third party voters aren't all republican leaners. The libertarian candidate flirted with single payer and a carbon tax.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 10:39:43 AM »

The problem isn't the heat; it's a water supply. Give Phoenix an adequate water supply and it would be another Houston.

Or just get rid of the absurdly water intensive agriculture (which IIRC is disproportionately owned by rich Saudis). It's already rather huge (it might be bigger then Houston depending on how you measure it). Water isn't killing growth yet AFAIK.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

It's not small, but I'm not sure. Water is still a limit, and Tucson's not currently growing very much.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies