Sealand Recognition Bill (Withdrawn)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:31:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Sealand Recognition Bill (Withdrawn)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sealand Recognition Bill (Withdrawn)  (Read 827 times)
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 19, 2005, 06:24:53 PM »
« edited: August 19, 2005, 10:55:17 PM by Emsworth »

The Sealand Recognition Act

1. The Principality of Sealand hereby is recognized by the Republic of Atlasia as an independent sovereign nation apart from that of the United Kingdom.

2. The Government of the Republic of Atlasia hereby recongizes His Royal Highness Prince Roy, The Prince of Sealand as the Head of State for the Principality of Sealand.

3. Pursuant to the passage of this Act, the State Department of the Republic of Atlasia hereby lifts all economic and military restrictions put upon the Principality of Sealand.

Sponsor: Sen. King
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2005, 06:28:13 PM »

To quote a previous post of mine:

With regard to the Sealand Recognition Bill, I would have to state my unequivocal opposition.

"Sealand" is actually not an island or a territory, but merely a man-made structure: a partially sunken Royal Navy barge in the North Sea. The structure was built by the British government, and lies within the limit of British waters; thus, by any reasonable interpretation of international law, it is the property of the United Kingdom (albeit abandoned).

As I said earlier, I don't think that it is necessary to recognize a sunken ship with a population of five as a sovereign nation (Governor MAS's objections notwithstanding). So, I would request Sen. King to withdraw the proposal.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2005, 08:18:23 PM »

I withdraw it.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies