Biden/Cortez Masto for 2020?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:34:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Biden/Cortez Masto for 2020?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Biden/Cortez Masto for 2020?  (Read 450 times)
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 26, 2017, 04:50:26 PM »

Your thoughts?
jmsstnyng
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 06:41:27 PM »

I think Cortez Masto could be a good running mate, especially for Biden. She would balance him out with most issues (geography, age, gender, temperament, ethnicity). The main negative is that progressives would not be terribly excited about either one.

Biden has plenty of good running mates if he becomes the nominee, which I highly doubt. Biden-Baldwin, Biden-Cortez Masto, Biden-Klobuchar, Biden-Duckworth could all work because those are female senators who have low-key personalities who would balance out Biden's louder personality.

The Undefeatable Debbie Stabenow
slightlyburnttoast
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -5.43

P P
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 06:51:11 PM »

I think Cortez Masto could be a good running mate, especially for Biden. She would balance him out with most issues (geography, age, gender, temperament, ethnicity). The main negative is that progressives would not be terribly excited about either one.

My thoughts exactly.

I think Baldwin would be better, because WI will probably be more important than NV in 2020 and progressives would likely be much warmer towards Baldwin than towards Cortez Masto. That does make an all-white ticket, but I don't think that would be too big of an issue.
jmsstnyng
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2017, 07:08:27 PM »

Yeah, I am surprised that Baldwin has not received more 2020 attention for the top of the ticket. She is from a critical area of the country, she is progressive yet establishment-friendly enough to appease both sides potentially.
The Undefeatable Debbie Stabenow
slightlyburnttoast
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -5.43

P P
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2017, 07:16:27 PM »

Yeah, I am surprised that Baldwin has not received more 2020 attention for the top of the ticket. She is from a critical area of the country, she is progressive yet establishment-friendly enough to appease both sides potentially.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2017, 07:33:25 PM »

Yes if Biden thinks his presence on the ticket alone will help steer the ship in MI, WI, and PA. Cortez-Masto will help in NV, FL, NC, and AZ.

If he wants to double down on the Rust Belt then probably not.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2017, 07:33:53 PM »

It's good; though Biden would turn 80 his first year in office. Given that he understands better than almost anyone else the pressures of the job, I do not think he will run. He's my number two choice if he does run though (behind Brown).

But it's a good ticket nonetheless. Cortez Masto and the Castro brothers are all potential VP picks given their ties to the emerging Democratic Southwest.
Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2017, 08:27:55 PM »

Biden masto is a strong ticket for 3 reasons

First Biden will stop the white bleed and win back the areas he needs in Pennsylvania Michigan Wisconsin and maybe Ohio and Maine cd2

Second she is a women in a tilting blue state

Last but not least she is a mixed race Latina who can make the inroads needed in Arizona to make it blue.
Coraxion
Ethiopia

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2017, 11:56:20 PM »

My thoughts exactly.

I think Baldwin would be better, because WI will probably be more important than NV in 2020 and progressives would likely be much warmer towards Baldwin than towards Cortez Masto. That does make an all-white ticket, but I don't think that would be too big of an issue.
For the same reason, Baldwin's seat would be more at risk in the special election than Cortez Masto's.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies