Hurricane Harvey & the 2020 election
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:10:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Hurricane Harvey & the 2020 election
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hurricane Harvey & the 2020 election  (Read 1169 times)
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 27, 2017, 06:04:14 PM »

FEMA said That " we are going to be here for years to come"  

That got me thinking, will Texas go altas red in 2020?
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 06:15:43 PM »

Hurricane Harvey will have no impact on the 2020 election whatsoever.  I don't even understand your line of thought, unless you just expect Trump to mishandle it.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 06:16:02 PM »

Hurricane Harvey will have no impact on the 2020 election whatsoever.  I don't even understand your line of thought, unless you just expect Trump to mishandle it.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2017, 06:56:00 PM »

Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2017, 06:56:59 PM »

I hate Trump as much as the next guy but I don't understand the thirst to turn this into another Hurricane Katrina. He hasn't done anything damaging yet. The tweets are annoying but that's par for the course with him.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2017, 10:00:45 PM »

Harvey's not gonna be another Katrina. At worst it's gonna be a Rita/Ike/Gustav level storm.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2017, 10:14:41 PM »
« Edited: August 28, 2017, 10:32:39 PM by libertpaulian »

It won't have an impact on the election, but it may have an impact on the 2020 Census.  If some people are displaced long enough, it may affect how many EVs it gets (similar to LA in the 2000s and 2010s post-Katrina).
AN63093

Political Matrix
E: 0.06, S: 2.17

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2017, 10:22:08 PM »

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2017, 10:35:15 PM »

I don't like to talk politics at the time of natural disasters, since America is so much better than simple partisan politics.

What I will say is this--- I lived in Houston Texas for four years, only a few years back....

This is a City built on a swamp, and is also one of the largest cities in the US, as well as the 3rd largest Metro area in the US.

The heavy rains will continue for at least another 3-4 days, and that is extremely bad news.

I hope for the best for all of my friends living in Houston today, and the s**t will likely get much worse, unless the rain stops....

Worst case scenario, Houston might be worse than New Orleans under Katrina...

At this point, all we have is the Pres of the US "tweeting in chief" and patting himself on the back for supporting whatever he told Gov Abbott. Meanwhile TX-GOV Abbott is blaming the Dem Mayor of Houston, for not telling residents of the City to evac on Friday....

Either way, we have what is potentially one of the biggest natural disasters to hit the US since Katrina, and the Pres appears to be too busy tweeting and doing political assassinations, instead of being a Commander in Chief and mobilizing the full effort of the US Military (Tons of Navy bases not too far down the road in the Florida Panhandle)....

All Americans expect is that a US Pres (Even Trump that has very low approvals and expectations to start with) to take care of business and protect the 4th largest City in the US and 3rd largest Metro area in the US from what appears to be one of the worst "natural" disasters in the History of our great nation.

I hope all of my friends and coworkers in Houston are surviving the disaster, and how Trump responds to the disaster might well be the difference between TX going Dem or Rep for Pres in 2020, although personally this is not my main concern right now.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2017, 02:18:18 PM »

Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2017, 09:07:01 PM »

At this rate Harvey might kill enough urban dwellers to trend the state +1R.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2017, 09:19:30 PM »

cwt

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2017, 12:20:58 AM »

Harvey Is What Climate Change Looks Like
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies