Trump confuses two blond Finnish reporters for each other
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:54:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump confuses two blond Finnish reporters for each other
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Trump confuses two blond Finnish reporters for each other  (Read 1673 times)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2017, 02:13:20 AM »

Imagine the uproar if they weren't white.

Imagine the crickets chirping if Obama had done this.

Are you $hitting us? Fox News would have it on a 72 hour loop, and it'd become the white grandparent's favorite Facebook meme for weeks.

If they weren't white, people would still be pissed, but much as here, just consider it typical Trump being a $hitbag of a human being.

Or, he saw two people that he never met before, in a crowded room, that shared a distinctive feature and mistook one for the other.

Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2017, 02:20:28 AM »

Are you $hitting us? Fox News would have it on a 72 hour loop, and it'd become the white grandparent's favorite Facebook meme for weeks.

If they weren't white, people would still be pissed, but much as here, just consider it typical Trump being a $hitbag of a human being.

Wait....what? How the heck does mixing two people up make someone a "s-bag"

This board is just atrocious at times.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2017, 09:11:56 AM »

Wait....what? How the heck does mixing two people up make someone a "s-bag"

This board is just atrocious at times.

I think I made it clear, but if not I'll reiterate, most people would consider trumps inability to distinguish two black women he spoke to in succession as simply consistent with his long-established sh**tbag racism. His s h i t baggery , particularly in the areas of racism and sexism, we're long long long established prior to this relatively nominal incident.

But my point Remains the Same, that while it is merely considered a day ending in y for Trump, for Obama it would have been considered a borderline international incident by the Fox News crowd. You all know I'm right on this
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2017, 01:04:31 PM »

I do that sometimes too. Two women I worked with a few years ago walked up to me. One was cute and single and the second was cute and married. I introduced myself to the second woman. She was stunned that I didn't remember that I had also worked with her. Almost as if my brain wired itself to only remember the single girl.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2017, 02:13:16 PM »

BIG

DEAL!!!!!!!!!!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2017, 03:36:13 PM »

Don't they all look alike?
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2017, 05:53:01 PM »

If you believe confusing 2 people makes you a $hitbag, you are an absolute joke.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2017, 11:58:05 PM »

If you believe confusing 2 people makes you a $hitbag, you are an absolute joke.

That's not what I said. At all. Re-read my post.

To be more explicit, Trump was a sh**tbag from the get-go long long long before this Petty incident. This is just an extra bucket of water in personal sh**ttiness the size of hurricane Harvey
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2017, 08:38:04 AM »

To be more explicit, Trump was a sh**tbag from the get-go long long long before this Petty incident. This is just an extra bucket of water in personal sh**ttiness the size of hurricane Harvey

There are plenty of reasons to get mad at Trump.. But about him confusing 2 people? Come on. That's stretching it.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2017, 08:47:50 AM »

Have you guys forgotten the Goldwater Rule? I'm very concerned about Nancy Pelosi's health, but I don't go around saying she has dementia. It's very rude to do so.
Atlas doesn't have many medical professionals...
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2017, 08:54:09 AM »

I guess I still fail to see how a human harmlessly mixing up 2 people is evidence of ANY sh**ttiness, even if we are only comparing buckets to hurricanes.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2017, 08:57:43 AM »

Total non-story. Come on guys you can do better than this it's not that hard.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2017, 09:47:58 AM »

I found their photo.......they don't look at all alike

emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2017, 10:19:33 AM »

Since this thread isn't going away, I'm going to chip in my input. I saw this live and it was *very* awkward. I understand reading the text it doesn't sound like a big deal. But he basically told the guy to choose someone to call on and then got very annoyed with him by who he chose. It was quite awkward to watch.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2017, 11:18:30 AM »

I guess I still fail to see how a human harmlessly mixing up 2 people is evidence of ANY sh**ttiness, even if we are only comparing buckets to hurricanes.

Fair enough. Like even I said I'm not willing to entirely prejudge Trump until I see a picture of the two period (a real picture, but thank you much for the eye candy Grumps. Wink) yes, based on everything he is ever said or done or expressed about women during his presidency and deed his entire life leads me to a rebuttable, not a rebuttable, rebuttable presumption that this is just one more drop in the bucket at all he sees when he looks at women is potential couch he can f***. At best it may be indicative of his creeping senility if he couldn't distinguish two women one of whom he just addressed moments before. But again, you are right it's a non-issue at all if the women are even remotely similar, and even if they aren't it's no more than a bucket in the hurricane Harvey levels of trump sexism and misogyny.

Actually, email King may have hit it on the head even better. More than any issues of sexism, it's just one more Teensy example of how Trump can't get through even the simplest press conferences without making it least some minor gaffe. I mean he literally can't hold a joint press conference with the prime minister of a minor country like Finland without appearing even slightly silly on an international stage. The man literally cannot walk and chew gum for more than a minute without even slightly embarrassing himself or the country in at least some small manner. I guess that was my point about Obama and the news coverage he would receive. The man held it together with such class, and relatively speaking even W was like James Bond compared to Trump, that even a minor deviation like mistaking two female reporters is so counter from his usual cool and Suave form that it sticks out like a sore thumb, and that's what give the Fox News crew something to Bray about for days.

Oh, and of course even all this ignores he couldn't get through that press conference using as a justification for close relations with Putin and Russia is that Finland and Russia have been friends for over a century, with complete ignorance about the fact that the Soviets invaded Finland in 1939. They were grossly unsuccessful in their efforts, but it was an unquestionable attempt either absorb the country into Mother Russia or make it a permanent satellite state at best. Nice job trumpy
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies