Mattis orders Pentagon to allow transgender troops to serve, pending review.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:05:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Mattis orders Pentagon to allow transgender troops to serve, pending review.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Mattis orders Pentagon to allow transgender troops to serve, pending review.  (Read 1626 times)
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 29, 2017, 07:00:38 PM »

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/mattis-orders-pentagon-to-allow-transgender-troops-to-continue-serving-pending-study/ar-AAqX5NJ

Temporary, but a good move nonetheless.

BTW, no one in the government respects the CIC authority.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 07:08:42 PM »

Does this apply to people already serving and prospective service members, or just people already serving?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 07:32:53 PM »

FF move by Mattis.
tallguy23
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 08:04:32 PM »

Does this apply to people already serving and prospective service members, or just people already serving?

From what I understand, it's basically "continue as you were" until the study is concluded. I think transgender medical services are still banned for now though.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 08:40:54 PM »

In other words, ignore the crazy man upstairs until he forgets about this.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2017, 08:45:03 PM »

Good.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2017, 08:46:44 PM »

I knew that more power would be given to the generals under Trump, but I didn't think they would become the President. Smiley

All in all, this is a good thing that Mattis did. But also, to repeat Marty's question, is this for all transgenders who want to join or just for current servicemen?
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2017, 08:58:06 PM »

I knew that more power would be given to the generals under Trump, but I didn't think they would become the President. Smiley

All in all, this is a good thing that Mattis did. But also, to repeat Marty's question, is this for all transgenders who want to join or just for current servicemen?

The article seems to imply it's just for current servicemen.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2017, 09:40:32 PM »

This is a FF decision, but what have we sunk to as a nation that ignoring the direct orders of the Commander-in-Chief is cause for celebration?
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2017, 09:47:17 PM »

This is a FF decision, but what have we sunk to as a nation that ignoring the direct orders of the Commander-in-Chief is cause for celebration?

Upon further reading, it is not quite "ignoring" direct orders.

He ordered they can no longer be admitted.

He left it to Mattis to deal with the ones currently serving, but wanted them discharged
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2017, 10:33:09 PM »

Trump's Ego won't like this.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2017, 11:23:09 PM »

You know Trump has lost almost all of his authority and respect (not that he had much to begin with) when his own cabinet members disobey him.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2017, 11:24:29 PM »

You know Trump has lost almost all of his authority and respect (not that he had much to begin with) when his own cabinet members disobey him.

[chanting] PALACE COUP, PALACE COUP [/chanting]
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2017, 11:26:04 PM »

I can't believe I'm saying this in relation to a man nicknamed Mad Dog, but could we possibly trade Trump for a President Mattis?
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2017, 11:40:27 PM »

It's a half disobey, haha.

The ban will happen though. It's just delayed until "reports" are done by military leaders in order to add authority to the policy.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2017, 12:47:03 AM »

The ban will happen though. It's just delayed until "reports" are done by military leaders in order to add authority to the policy.
I get the feeling that the "reports" could take up to a couple of years if they feel like it.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2017, 01:15:47 AM »

The article seems to imply it's just for current servicemen.

Which is completely in line with what Trump's memorandum ordered: No new transgender personnel, and study the issue to see what to do about existing transgenders.

www.lawfareblog.com/tweet-text-president-trump-instates-military-transgender-ban
www.documentcloud.org/documents/3964535-Trump-Transgender-Military-Memo.html
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2017, 02:36:11 AM »

We don't know yet.

I can understand not wanting to pay for the process, but once it has been paid for, I don't see a problem.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2017, 08:31:16 AM »

Not one bit, but Mattis is untouchable.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2017, 08:38:35 AM »

I get the feeling that the "reports" could take up to a couple of years if they feel like it.

In the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, the Vogon bureaucrats never do anything without forms that have been signed in triplicate, sent in, sent back, queried, lost, found, subjected to public inquiry, lost again, and finally buried in soft peat for three months and recycled as firelighters.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2017, 08:52:24 AM »

In the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, the Vogon bureaucrats never do anything without forms that have been signed in triplicate, sent in, sent back, queried, lost, found, subjected to public inquiry, lost again, and finally buried in soft peat for three months and recycled as firelighters.

About this. Considering that Trump was later found to be lying, shocking oh that may seem, about the military brass having been consulted and supported the band, it turns out that the brass not only didn't support it but actually opposed it. Maddis will almost surely choose this option of delay and obstruction to avoid disrupting the various branches duties and work of qualified personnel brighter than actually implementing a strict and Speedy implementation of Trumps political hack wishes.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2017, 10:35:28 AM »

The article says "The president issued that notification Friday night. It directed Mattis to study the issue and determine how to implement Trump's direction." So it looks like he's doing what he was ordered to do.

I don't see how it's even that?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2017, 12:12:12 PM »

Yes, better than saying "I was just following orders".
SNJ1985
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.19, S: 7.57

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2017, 01:41:42 PM »

Why does the President allow so many saboteurs to remain part of his administration while removing loyal allies? There is way too much globalist/establishment influence in this administration.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2017, 01:44:44 PM »

Why does the President allow so many saboteurs to remain part of his administration while removing loyal allies? There is way too much globalist/establishment influence in this administration.

Trump is a billionaire. By definition, he is quite literally a part of the "globalist establishment".

Besides that, if he fired everyone that leaked and wasn't a loyal ally it would be him and his family and nobody else with no one in any other governmental position.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies