HI-GOV: Hanabusa Announces
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:29:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  HI-GOV: Hanabusa Announces
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: HI-GOV: Hanabusa Announces  (Read 2626 times)
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2017, 02:35:24 PM »

She just can't stay in the House, can she?
She wants (and probably deserves) a promotion.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2017, 02:57:43 PM »

Why would anyone want to spend all their time commuting between Hawaii and Washington, DC, when you could be living in Hawaii?
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2017, 03:28:59 PM »

Not sure anyone in public office deserves a promotion.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2017, 06:36:26 PM »

Why would anyone want to spend all their time commuting between Hawaii and Washington, DC, when you could be living in Hawaii?

^^^
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2017, 07:03:17 PM »

^^^

Wanting something and deserving it are 2 entirely different things.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2017, 11:28:44 PM »

^^^

Wanting something and deserving it are 2 entirely different things.

So the non-paranthetical part of Maine's post still applies.

People often forget how far away Hawaii is.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2017, 11:49:14 PM »

You'd think she'd primary Hirono instead, given her health issues...try to force her out of the race.

Very stupid of Hanabusa to not be a complete sociopath.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2017, 12:03:54 AM »

^^^
I agree, she's probably sick of all the commuting, and maybe doesn't feel good about Dem chances at winning back the House. Probably would rather be the executive of a state that heavily favors her party, and doesn't have to commute, than to be a minority party backbencher in DC.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2017, 12:08:58 AM »

You'd think she'd primary Hirono instead, given her health issues...try to force her out of the race.

Hirono is much more popular than Ige, and Hanabusa has already been defeated by Hirono once before. They're also both devout Clinton allies, endorsing her early in both 2008 and 2016. David Ige has ran against Obama's most prominent ally in Abercrombie, but he was aldo the very last Democratic Governor to endorse Hillary in 2016.

Yeah, he didn't endorse in the primary. The Clinton machine never forgets an act of disobedience.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2017, 01:23:37 AM »

I really wish there was a Mormon Democrat who wasn't Mufi Hanneman who could run for Hanabusa's House seat.
varesurgent
Rookie

« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2017, 01:46:15 AM »

Hawaiian politics sure are fun.

-Former Senator Daniel K. Inouye, on his deathbed, asks Hanabusa to be appointed to his Senate seat.
-Former Governor Neil Abercrombie instead appoints LT Gov Brian Schatz and later denies Inouye anointed Hanabusa his heir.
-Former State Senator Ige primary challenges Abercrombie
-Hanabusa primary challenges Schatz
-Ige win and Hanabusa loses by <1%; Asian-Americans motivated to vote because of Ige keep Hanabusa competitive
-Ige becomes governor
-Hanabusa returns to the House after HI-01 Rep Takai passes away and she wins the special election
-Hanabusa primary challenges Ige
-???
JMT

« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2017, 01:52:20 AM »

Hanabusa is probably favored to win. She probably wishes she ran for Governor in 2014 instead of Senate -- she could've defeated Abercrombie in the primary and won the general.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2017, 05:16:06 AM »

I really wish there was a Mormon Democrat who wasn't Mufi Hanneman who could run for Hanabusa's House seat.

Mormon Democrats that aren't blue dogs are great. Reid + the Udall's are pretty much it though.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2017, 05:19:48 AM »

Mormon Democrats that aren't blue dogs are great. Reid + the Udall's are pretty much it though.

Is it up to YOU or up to THEM - to decide whether they want to be a Blue Dogs, or not???
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2017, 05:24:35 AM »

Is it up to YOU or up to THEM - to decide whether they want to be a Blue Dogs, or not???

It's up to me to decide whether or not they suck and are bad.

It's a heavy responsibility and thankless task.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2017, 05:44:49 AM »

No. You are, surely, not God Almighty, so your judgement about whether they suck or not is, essentially, meaningless. It's in no way better then mine (opposite of yours) or anyone's else
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2017, 09:43:45 AM »

No. You are, surely, not God Almighty, so your judgement about whether they suck or not is, essentially, meaningless. It's in no way better then mine (opposite of yours) or anyone's else

It's up to publicunofficial to decide what publicunofficial's opinion of each politician is.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2017, 11:28:53 AM »

Do they not have sarcasm in Russia?
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2017, 11:34:19 AM »

We do. But i got accustomed that "true believers" sincerely consider their opinion the only one correct, and all other - as garbage. Hence, i wasn't sure whether it's a sarcasm or not. If a person in question would add "IMO" (or, even better, "IMHO") before his cathegorical opinions there would be no questions...
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2017, 11:43:06 AM »

We do. But i got accustomed that "true believers" sincerely consider their opinion the only one correct, and all other - as garbage. Hence, i wasn't sure whether it's a sarcasm or not. If a person in question would add "IMO" (or, even better, "IMHO") before his cathegorical opinions there would be no questions...

Generally if you write something the implication is that it's your opinion. No need to be obtuse.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2017, 12:39:04 PM »

This reminds me that all the hardcore Hanabusa backers from the Schatz primary morphed seamlessly into Hillary Bros come 2016.
Pessimistic Antineutrino
Pessimistic Antineutrino
United States

« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2017, 02:34:39 PM »

Side note: what's the Republican bench (which is basically just Charles Djou and Duke Aiona) looking like for next year? I sort of doubt Djou will run after losing 4 races in a row and Aiona's already lost the governor's race twice. Is there anyone outside of some dudes that could run here?
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2017, 02:41:35 PM »

Side note: what's the Republican bench (which is basically just Charles Djou and Duke Aiona) looking like for next year? I sort of doubt Djou will run after losing 4 races in a row and Aiona's already lost the governor's race twice. Is there anyone outside of some dudes that could run here?

Paging Mrs. Lingle...
mds32
United States

« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2017, 03:08:49 PM »

Paging Mrs. Lingle...

She's in Illinois working for Rauner.

I would think that Republicans could nominate a businessperson to run. Since 1990 the HIGOP has done far better in the HIGov races, always nabbing over 30$ Wink
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2017, 07:41:09 PM »

Paging Mrs. Lingle...

She's in Illinois working for Rauner.

I would think that Republicans could nominate a businessperson to run. Since 1990 the HIGOP has done far better in the HIGov races, always nabbing over 30$ Wink

I don't think she's been working for Rauner since last summer.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies