NJ and VA governor races?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:16:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  NJ and VA governor races?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NJ and VA governor races?  (Read 1258 times)
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 06, 2017, 03:53:07 PM »

The governor races for Virginia and New Jersey are usually treated to be a big deal, since they're the first major elections after a presidential one, and the media uses them to test how a president is being received. I remembered it being a big deal when Christie won in 2009, despite Obama campaigning against him. I think that's when McDonnell came in too.

But there's been no noise about it so far this year. I don't even know who's running. What gives?
Roblox

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 04:01:16 PM »

Quite simply, because all of the crazy sh*t coming from the white house right now takes away from coverage of....Just about anything else political.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 04:06:13 PM »

Christie's toxicity is rubbing off on Guadagno.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 04:07:50 PM »

VA was still a swingy state then.

NJ was only interesting because NJ is a blue state and people were interested to see if a GOPer could win.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2017, 04:00:43 PM »

Yea here in VA the race seems to be way more low key. I'm not really seeing ads from either campaign but both candidates did get dragged into the spotlight after Charlottesville. It will probably be a somewhat close race here.

I got triggered at work the other day when a Northam ad came on the break room tv. It was all about him hating youth football and banning smoking in bars. It made me like him even less.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 11:24:46 AM »

The NJ and VA gubernatorial races this year are not getting attention because of Trump and Washington politics. Trump has sucked all the oxygen out of every other political issue this year and most likely next year.
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2017, 11:51:00 AM »

Great ad from the RN campaign https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-sfBAJ09bU
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2017, 07:22:50 PM »

Yea here in VA the race seems to be way more low key. I'm not really seeing ads from either campaign but both candidates did get dragged into the spotlight after Charlottesville. It will probably be a somewhat close race here.

I got triggered at work the other day when a Northam ad came on the break room tv. It was all about him hating youth football and banning smoking in bars. It made me like him even less.

Smokers should be put in prison where they can continue their disgusting habit till their heart's content.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2017, 11:00:57 AM »

The governor of NJ will appoint a replacement for Menendez if he is kicked out of the Senate:

http://www.electoral-vote.com/#item-8
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2017, 11:06:57 AM »

Smokers should be put in prison where they can continue their disgusting habit till their heart's content.

I loved Eric Holder's quote about how cigarette smokers should be forced to "cower in shame" outside.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2017, 11:49:54 AM »

The governor races for Virginia and New Jersey are usually treated to be a big deal, since they're the first major elections after a presidential one, and the media uses them to test how a president is being received. I remembered it being a big deal when Christie won in 2009, despite Obama campaigning against him. I think that's when McDonnell came in too.

But there's been no noise about it so far this year. I don't even know who's running. What gives?

They both get coverage on the Gubernatorial/Statewide Elections board. There are multiple threads there for both races.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies