HRC Book Megathread - HRC - "No absolution for women who didn't vote for me"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:32:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  HRC Book Megathread - HRC - "No absolution for women who didn't vote for me"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: HRC Book Megathread - HRC - "No absolution for women who didn't vote for me"  (Read 10696 times)
Shadows
YaBB God
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 07, 2017, 09:30:36 AM »
« edited: September 16, 2017, 03:47:40 AM by Shadows »

The best thing she could do is disappear,” said one former Clinton fundraiser and surrogate who played an active role at the convention. “She’s doing harm to all of us because of her own selfishness. Honestly, I wish she’d just shut the f--- up and go away.”“None of this is good for the party,” said one former Obama aide. “It’s the Hillary Show, 100 percent. A lot of us are scratching our heads and wondering what she’s trying to do. It’s certainly not helpful.”

“One person has been out in the country, almost without stopping, since the election rallying people to defend ObamaCare, against tax cuts for the wealthy and for a $15 minimum wage. The other person, while Trump has been ripping the country apart, has been taking long walks in the woods, drinking chardonnay, hobnobbing with celebrities and writing a book that entirely ignores the failure of the party establishment over a decade or two. People can choose which kind of party they prefer.”

“The morning after the election I wrote on Facebook that we needed to all own our part and focus on the road ahead,” said Democratic strategist Steve Schale, who attempted to draft Biden into the 2016 race. “I still believe this, and the sooner we stop talking about 2016, all of us on my side, and get to work on the real organizing required for 2018, the better off we will be not only in the midterm elections, but also in 2020.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/349548-clintons-score-settling-frustrates-democrats
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 09:34:24 AM »
« Edited: September 07, 2017, 09:45:02 AM by Shadows »

Democrats dread Hillary's book tour

Alums of her Brooklyn headquarters who were miserable even when they thought she was winning tend to greet the topic with, “Oh, God,” “I can’t handle it,” and “the final torture.” Political reporters gripe privately (and on Twitter) about yet another return to the campaign that will never end. Campaign operatives don't want the distraction, just as they head into another election season. And members of Congress from both parties want the focus on an agenda that’s getting more complicated by the week.

But with a new NBC News poll showing her approval rating at 30 percent, the lowest recorded for her, Clinton kicks it off on Tuesday with a signing at the Union Square Barnes & Noble in New York. In a tweet late Tuesday night, Huffman pleaded with Clinton to stop blaming Sanders for her loss, as she partly does in the book, according to excerpts that leaked ahead of its release. Huffman said the tweet had gotten a lot of "likes" from his colleagues — albeit in private conversations with him.

Asked whether she was excited about Clinton’s book tour, Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.), one of Republicans’ top 2018 targets, responded first with, “Beg your pardon?” Asked again, she started shaking her head, walking away. “I’ve always been a looking forward kind of a guy,” said Sen. Ron Wyden (D-Ore.), asked the same question on Wednesday. “I think I’ll leave it at that.”

McCain pointed out that he didn’t write a book after losing the 2008 presidential race. “I respect and admire and am a friend of Hillary’s,” he said. “But with these kind of things that happen in life, you’ve got to move on. You’ve got to quickly move on.” Republicans and Sanders-aligned Democrats quickly started mocking the high cost of entry to some events — “VIP Platinum” tickets to her Toronto stop, for example, run up to $3,000 and include a meet-and-greet — that reminds them of the paid speech controversy that dogged her throughout the campaign.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/07/hillary-clinton-book-tour-democrats-242419
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 09:40:22 AM »

All this gossip and backbiting just illustrates is how anti-Clinton the press has always been. The ironic thing is, they complain at getting insulted by Trump, yet they are the ones who put him in office.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 09:44:10 AM »

Clinton Confirms That Democrats Will Relitigate the 2016 Primary Until the Sun Swallows the Earth

A Twitter personality and former Hillary Clinton adviser named Peter Daou launched a website called "Verrit," which bills itself as "Media for the 65.8 Million," which is the number of people who voted for Clinton in 2016. According to its founder, Veritt exists to verify cold, hard facts in our era of fake news and Breitbart-ian propaganda.

@HillaryClinton
I'm excited to sign up for @Verrit, a media platform for the 65.8 million! Will you join me and sign up too? https://verrit.com/sixty-five-point-eight-million

Here's the kind of "fact" Verrit verifies -
@verrit Bernie Sanders and the Mainstream Media Helped Put Trump in the White House

So, that is the beef in a nutshell! The good news is that new activist groups, new candidates, and an increasingly aggressive national message have already started to bridge the divide between the two camps in a constructive way. The bad news is that there won't truly be any final resolution and healing of the Democratic Party's 2016 wounds until the moment polls close on the West Coast on Nov. 3, 2020. And at that point, things might only just be getting started.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/09/06/hillary_clinton_s_book_unsettles_scores_from_2016.html
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 09:47:11 AM »

All this gossip and backbiting just illustrates is how anti-Clinton the press has always been. The ironic thing is, they complain at getting insulted by Trump, yet they are the ones who put him in office.

Haha, Is this a joke or something? Are you trying to be funny? Hillary received the most 1 sides coverage that was possible.

And then after coming with idiotic comments in the book. This is what CNN published -

Hillary Clinton is right about Bernie Sanders
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/09/05/opinions/hillary-clinton-book-bernie-sanders-filipovic/index.html

And I can post about WaPo & NYT as well. WaPo editor explicitly bashed Sanders saying because of him HRC was forced to oppose TPP & other "populist" ideas. WaPo is very angry because Sanders forced Clinton to the left & not throw workers under the bus.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2017, 09:54:32 AM »

Haha, Is this a joke or something? Are you trying to be funny? Hillary received the most 1 sides coverage that was possible.

And then after coming with idiotic comments in the book. This is what CNN published -

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/09/05/opinions/hillary-clinton-book-bernie-sanders-filipovic/index.html

And I can post about WaPo & NYT as well. WaPo editor explicitly bashed Sanders saying because of him HRC was forced to oppose TPP & other "populist" ideas. WaPo is very angry because Sanders forced Clinton to the left & not throw workers under the bus.

Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2017, 09:59:38 AM »

Democrats dread Hillary's book tour

Alums of her Brooklyn headquarters who were miserable even when they thought she was winning tend to greet the topic with, “Oh, God,” “I can’t handle it,” and “the final torture.” Political reporters gripe privately (and on Twitter) about yet another return to the campaign that will never end. Campaign operatives don't want the distraction, just as they head into another election season. And members of Congress from both parties want the focus on an agenda that’s getting more complicated by the week.

But with a new NBC News poll showing her approval rating at 30 percent, the lowest recorded for her, Clinton kicks it off on Tuesday with a signing at the Union Square Barnes & Noble in New York. In a tweet late Tuesday night, Huffman pleaded with Clinton to stop blaming Sanders for her loss, as she partly does in the book, according to excerpts that leaked ahead of its release. Huffman said the tweet had gotten a lot of "likes" from his colleagues — albeit in private conversations with him.

Asked whether she was excited about Clinton’s book tour, Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.), one of Republicans’ top 2018 targets, responded first with, “Beg your pardon?” Asked again, she started shaking her head, walking away. “I’ve always been a looking forward kind of a guy,” said Sen. Ron Wyden (D-Ore.), asked the same question on Wednesday. “I think I’ll leave it at that.”

McCain pointed out that he didn’t write a book after losing the 2008 presidential race. “I respect and admire and am a friend of Hillary’s,” he said. “But with these kind of things that happen in life, you’ve got to move on. You’ve got to quickly move on.” Republicans and Sanders-aligned Democrats quickly started mocking the high cost of entry to some events — “VIP Platinum” tickets to her Toronto stop, for example, run up to $3,000 and include a meet-and-greet — that reminds them of the paid speech controversy that dogged her throughout the campaign.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/07/hillary-clinton-book-tour-democrats-242419

Some great quotes in that article.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2017, 10:11:55 AM »

Hillary has had her image tarnished by the media for far too long. It's great to see her defying them and the GOP.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2017, 11:02:21 AM »

Totally self-inflicted. This is what she wanted. She wanted a people, person driver attack based discussion. She ran the most personal, attack minded, negative campaign in recent times. I mean you have to be ashamed when Trump speaks more about policies than you. Multiple research shows her campaigns & ads were devoid of any issues, ideology, policies.

When you have that kind of campaign, you will have emails & Bill in there. She already had the media to her dirty work but she still wanted to go into the mud, then this is what you get - Emails n all that.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2017, 11:14:43 AM »

Totally self-inflicted. This is what she wanted. She wanted a people, person driver attack based discussion. She ran the most personal, attack minded, negative campaign in recent times. I mean you have to be ashamed when Trump speaks more about policies than you. Multiple research shows her campaigns & ads were devoid of any issues, ideology, policies.

When you have that kind of campaign, you will have emails & Bill in there. She already had the media to her dirty work but she still wanted to go into the mud, then this is what you get - Emails n all that.

Agreed. In retrospect was her own fault. She sucked at answering questions about he email server, which made the problem much, much worse. She could at very least given a public speech apologizing for the email server, but she never even did that.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2017, 11:33:18 AM »
« Edited: September 07, 2017, 11:38:16 AM by Blue Dog Moderate »

Clintonites and Berniecrats in this thread:

(I'm going to hell for this)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2017, 11:35:24 AM »

If Sanders' challenge caused Hillary's loss, then John McCain won in 2008 after all, we just never noticed.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2017, 11:43:57 AM »

Clinton wanted to go Nuclear on Comey after Comey's initial comments about her being careless

Clinton wrote that she wanted to “hit back hard” at Comey for calling her “extremely careless” for using a private email server as secretary of State but that her campaign advised her against it, according to excerpts of the book published by The Daily Beast Wednesday. “My first instinct was that my campaign should hit back hard and explain to the public that Comey had badly overstepped his bounds — the same argument [Deputy Attorney General] Rod Rosenstein would make months after the election,” Clinton wrote.

“That might have blunted the political damage and made Comey think twice before breaking protocol again a few months later. My team raised concerns with that kind of confrontational approach.“In the end, we decided it would be better to just let it go and try to move on. Looking back, that was a mistake.”

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/349569-clinton-book-not-going-after-comey-was-a-mistake
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2017, 11:49:22 AM »

Agreed. In retrospect was her own fault. She sucked at answering questions about he email server, which made the problem much, much worse. She could at very least given a public speech apologizing for the email server, but she never even did that.

Lol. It's not Hillary's fault the media gave Trump $2 billion in free coverage while relentlessly hammering Clinton on her email server for 18 months.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2017, 12:04:58 PM »

Lol. It's not Hillary's fault the media gave Trump $2 billion in free coverage while relentlessly hammering Clinton on her email server for 18 months.

Hillary's email was her doing. She opened her server, send classified info & then lied about in on TV. If you want to talk about hammering Clinton, the media hammered Trump too. They both had a lot of negative publicity (Trump even more with every buffoon like statement because he is a reality TV guy). If there is 1 person who should complain about the media, it should be Sanders, who got shut out completely before the Iowa Caucus. The WaPo ran 16 negative stories a day over Bernie.

The media supported HRC over Trump & over Sanders & unrealistically painted Clinton. The NYT, WaPo & every single god damn big media house endorsed her & gave massive favorable coverage to her. In the Primaries vs Sanders, HRC got endorsement from every media company bar 1 in Seattle.

This is just ridiculous conspiracy theories, but you wouldn't admit that you are wrong as then admit you made a terrible choice in 2016 & then you have to take some blame for Trump.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2017, 12:09:14 PM »

Hillary's email was her doing. She opened her server, send classified info & then lied about in on TV. If you want to talk about hammering Clinton, the media hammered Trump too. They both had a lot of negative publicity (Trump even more with every buffoon like statement because he is a reality TV guy). If there is 1 person who should complain about the media, it should be Sanders, who got shut out completely before the Iowa Caucus. The WaPo ran 16 negative stories a day over Bernie.

The media supported HRC over Trump & over Sanders & unrealistically painted Clinton. The NYT, WaPo & every single god damn big media house endorsed her & gave massive favorable coverage to her. In the Primaries vs Sanders, HRC got endorsement from every media company bar 1 in Seattle.

This is just ridiculous conspiracy theories, but you wouldn't admit that you are wrong as then admit you made a terrible choice in 2016 & then you have to take some blame for Trump.

Lol. An endorsement means nothing. In fact, it can be worse than nothing because it creates the impression an outlet is pro-Hillary when they are anti-Hillary. The NY Times "endorsed" Clinton but ran devastating articles attacking her and paired up with Breitbart for exclusive access to an anti-Clinton hit piece.

https://thinkprogress.org/steve-bannon-new-york-times-washington-post-clinton-cash-d59d6492546/

The Ny Times also "endorsed" Hillary in 2008 when the paper was slobbering all over Obama. They ran one op-ed praising Hillary, and Maureen Dowd wrote scathing attacks on Hillary every week.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2017, 12:15:58 PM »

Jimmy Kimmel: Clinton's Book Is Like Reading About The Titanic From The Ocean Floor

“I was just thinking to myself this morning, ‘I would love to relive that magical election of 2016,'” he began. “It’s like reading a book about why the Titanic sank while you’re sitting at the bottom of the ocean.”

He then brought up Clinton’s attacks on her primary rival Bernie Sanders and wondered why a non-Democrat like him would run for the Democratic nomination. “It’s a very good question… that should have been asked two years ago,” Kimmel said. “I guess it didn’t come up til now.” Kimmel then showed a ‘trailer’ for her book “It’s That F**ker Bernie’s Fault,” which promotes the retelling of her “astonishing defeat” and why “despite overwhelming odds, everything collapsed.”

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/kimmel-hillarys-book-is-like-reading-about-the-titanic-while-at-the-bottom-of-the-ocean/
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2017, 12:18:26 PM »

Jimmy Kimmel: Clinton's Book Is Like Reading About The Titanic From The Ocean Floor

“I was just thinking to myself this morning, ‘I would love to relive that magical election of 2016,'” he began. “It’s like reading a book about why the Titanic sank while you’re sitting at the bottom of the ocean.”

He then brought up Clinton’s attacks on her primary rival Bernie Sanders and wondered why a non-Democrat like him would run for the Democratic nomination. “It’s a very good question… that should have been asked two years ago,” Kimmel said. “I guess it didn’t come up til now.” Kimmel then showed a ‘trailer’ for her book “It’s That F**ker Bernie’s Fault,” which promotes the retelling of her “astonishing defeat” and why “despite overwhelming odds, everything collapsed.”

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/kimmel-hillarys-book-is-like-reading-about-the-titanic-while-at-the-bottom-of-the-ocean/

Lol. So according to the male dominated media the only one who did anything wrong in 2016 was the woman in the story and nothing bad can be said about anyone else. Got it.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2017, 12:25:31 PM »

Lol. An endorsement means nothing. In fact, it can be worse than nothing because it creates the impression an outlet is pro-Hillary when they are anti-Hillary. The NY Times "endorsed" Clinton but ran devastating articles attacking her and paired up with Breitbart for exclusive access to an anti-Clinton hit piece.

https://thinkprogress.org/steve-bannon-new-york-times-washington-post-clinton-cash-d59d6492546/

The Ny Times also "endorsed" Hillary in 2008 when the paper was slobbering all over Obama. They ran one op-ed praising Hillary, and Maureen Dowd wrote scathing attacks on Hillary every week.

You are trying to justify this through Nira Tanden's Thinkprogress (saying NYT once praised Bannon) which has produced multiple fake news, fake data & is a hack organization for Hillary Clinton. I can't debate conspiracy theories. So "Yes", just to end this crazy discussion, the media was totally biased against Clinton & didn't want President Clinton. They supported Sanders & then Trump & wanted to show that they supported Clinton to "trick people."

Keep telling yourself because otherwise (like Trump voters in 2016) you have to admit you made a mistake.

Now, I am sure there are other issues (except the media) to discuss in this great Clinton book.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2017, 12:29:12 PM »

Lol. So according to the male dominated media the only one who did anything wrong in 2016 was the woman in the story and nothing bad can be said about anyone else. Got it.

Agreed. It the evil comedians & the sexist male dominated media criticizing the woman candidate. BTW most of HRC supporters in the media currently supporting her (in CNN & others) are men while the women panelists are the one criticizing her. The NNU head who supported Bernie is a woman as is Nina Turner who has criticized this but I guess they don't qualify as "women" because they supported Bernie.

Clinton writes a book, bashes & blames everyone for losing to "freaking Trump" & if people criticize her back, they are sexists & it is because she is a woman. Wow !
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2017, 12:32:16 PM »

Agreed. It the evil comedians & the sexist male dominated media criticizing the woman candidate. BTW most of HRC supporters in the media currently supporting her (in CNN & others) are men while the women panelists are the one criticizing her. The NNU head who supported Bernie is a woman as is Nina Turner who has criticized this but I guess they don't qualify as "women" because they supported Bernie.

Clinton writes a book, bashes & blames everyone for losing to "freaking Trump" & if people criticize her back, they are sexists & it is because she is a woman. Wow !

Clinton writes a book pointing out

1) Bernie's challenge hurt Clinton by reinforcing her negatives, e.g. TRUE. Jimmy Kimmel devotes an entire segment to mocking it and misrepresenting it as "It's all Bernie's fault."

2) Pushing back on a diss from Joe Biden in May 2017.

That's IT. So far it's generated a firestorm of media controversy. All I'm pointing out is that this is perfectly emblematic of the media hatred for Hillary, and a big reason why she lost. She does something very mild and justified, and it's met by a massive tidal wave of negativity. And now our country has Trump for president because of it.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2017, 12:40:40 PM »
« Edited: September 07, 2017, 12:42:20 PM by Shadows »

Seth Meyers to Hillary Clinton - Lay off Bernie Sanders

"Hey! Hillary Clinton, don’t blame Bernie because Donald Trump called you names,” Meyers said Wednesday night. “I promise you he was going to do that anyway. It’s not like Trump watched Bernie at the debates and thought, ‘Criticizing Hillary? That just might work!’ And hey. You think Trump needed Bernie’s permission to be an asshole? Assholes don’t need permission. That’s what makes them assholes.”

He didn’t tell you not to go to Wisconsin. He didn’t tell you to do paid speeches to Wall Street. And he didn’t write this terrible joke for you,” Meyers said, rolling a clip of Clinton stiltedly quipping, "I don’t know who created Pokémon Go, but I’m trying to figure out how we get them to have Pokémon Go to the Polls.” “And hey. We are living through a very dark time in America,” Meyers added, “but there is also an unprecedented opportunity to bring Democrats and liberals together in a stand against the hate and incompetence in Washington. The best way to do this is to get the people who voted for you and the people who voted for Bernie on the same page. This isn’t the time to complain because Senator Woodstock didn’t roll over for you. Hey, if anything, he helped make you a better candidate—you know, the candidate who beat Donald Trump by 3 million votes.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/09/hillary-clinton-what-happened-bernie-sanders-seth-meyers-late-night
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2017, 12:44:35 PM »

You know I give some of the hard leftist Sander supporters crap when I think they are being unreasonable. Now it's time to give it to Hillary >(. Blaming Bernie for her loss is just pathetic! Hey Hil alot of former president had hard primaries and you now what they did? Picked someone from their main rivals camp if not the main rival himself! FDR was a East-Coast progressive so in 32 he picked as his VP consecutive speaker of the house from Texas John Nance Garner, JFK had the same problem so he picked LBJ, Reagan picked his only primary threat in 80 in HW Bush as his VP, Obama struggled with Hillary WWC base so he picked WWC Joe Biden, and the man who freakin' beat you had challenged by Ted Cruz and the right wing Evangelical wing so he picked Mike Pence. The "damage" Bernie did to you in the primary could of been lessened if like all these other winners you picked someone from Bernie's wing if not Bernie himself over Tim Kaine  
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2017, 12:54:06 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Biden was not from the opposite camp as he never endorsed Clinton in the primary. He got fewer votes in the Iowa caucus than Sarah Palin got for mayor of Wasilla. If Obama had true balls he would have picked Hillary.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2017, 01:26:43 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Biden was not from the opposite camp as he never endorsed Clinton in the primary. He got fewer votes in the Iowa caucus than Sarah Palin got for mayor of Wasilla. If Obama had true balls he would have picked Hillary.
But Biden did well with WWC which Obama needed. The point being Hillary picked someone from more or less her side in Kaine over someone more progressive to sure up the Sander's base
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies