HRC Book Megathread - HRC - "No absolution for women who didn't vote for me"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:59:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  HRC Book Megathread - HRC - "No absolution for women who didn't vote for me"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
Author Topic: HRC Book Megathread - HRC - "No absolution for women who didn't vote for me"  (Read 10685 times)
Pericles
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: September 16, 2017, 09:07:59 PM »

Why should Hillary Clinton be expected to comfort those who didn't vote?! She can't remove their mistake, even if she said a few nice words it wouldn't have done anything. They could have stopped Donald Trump from becoming President and they chose not to. Hopefully they will learn the hard way the importance of voting and vote in future elections.

And perhaps next time Democrats will learn not to nominate a candidate whose disapproval ratings rival those of Donald F***ing Trump.

That wasn't the point. Of course she made mistakes. But if the people who regret the outcome now had voted, the outcome would have been very different. Hillary Clinton shouldn't be expected to bear 100% of the blame for the outcome, nor should she be expected to absolve the people who let down the country. Hopefully, people will learn the hard way that they should vote and vote wisely, and it is important that they bear some of the blame too.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #151 on: September 16, 2017, 09:39:01 PM »

That's low.
BundouYMB

« Reply #152 on: September 16, 2017, 10:20:27 PM »
« Edited: September 16, 2017, 10:49:54 PM by BundouYMB »

"When it first started happening, it was so soon after the election," she said. "It was hard for me to comfort somebody who was coming to me and saying, 'Oh, I wish I had done more,' or, 'I'm sorry I didn't vote' because I think this was one of the most consequential elections that we have faced in a long time." She added: "So, no absolution. But I just hope people will take what happened this time seriously and be ready and willing to vote the next time."

"I wanted to stare right in her eyes and say, 'You didn't vote? How could you not vote? You abdicated your responsibility as a citizen at the worst possible time! And now you want me to make you feel better?'" Clinton writes. "Of course, I didn't say any of that." She adds: "These people were looking for absolution that I just couldn't give. We all have to live with the consequences of our decisions."

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/09/13/politics/hillary-clinton-anderson-cooper-2016/index.html

This is an example of why Hillary Clinton is not a leader. She is self-righteous and selfish, and doesn't care to understand what ordinary people who don't follow politics are going through. A little reassurance could go a long way for someone's life, but she can't bring herself to offer it because all she can think about is herself. I can think of several people who would have comforted people in that situation. Obama is one.

Also, she may not have said that to those people's faces, but she just said it now, for all of them to read or hear about. It's not much different.

Uh, leadership is telling people the truth --- not comforting lies. Everyone who could have done more and didn't ARE partially responsible for Trump getting elected. That's just reality.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #153 on: September 16, 2017, 10:36:37 PM »

Never an absolution.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #154 on: September 17, 2017, 12:17:55 AM »

"When it first started happening, it was so soon after the election," she said. "It was hard for me to comfort somebody who was coming to me and saying, 'Oh, I wish I had done more,' or, 'I'm sorry I didn't vote' because I think this was one of the most consequential elections that we have faced in a long time." She added: "So, no absolution. But I just hope people will take what happened this time seriously and be ready and willing to vote the next time."

"I wanted to stare right in her eyes and say, 'You didn't vote? How could you not vote? You abdicated your responsibility as a citizen at the worst possible time! And now you want me to make you feel better?'" Clinton writes. "Of course, I didn't say any of that." She adds: "These people were looking for absolution that I just couldn't give. We all have to live with the consequences of our decisions."

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/09/13/politics/hillary-clinton-anderson-cooper-2016/index.html

This is an example of why Hillary Clinton is not a leader. She is self-righteous and selfish, and doesn't care to understand what ordinary people who don't follow politics are going through. A little reassurance could go a long way for someone's life, but she can't bring herself to offer it because all she can think about is herself. I can think of several people who would have comforted people in that situation. Obama is one.

Also, she may not have said that to those people's faces, but she just said it now, for all of them to read or hear about. It's not much different.

Uh, leadership is telling people the truth --- not comforting lies. Everyone who could have done more and didn't ARE partially responsible for Trump getting elected. That's just reality.

Exactly. She's right to not feel sorry for people who didn't vote for her given the stakes last year.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #155 on: September 17, 2017, 12:41:37 AM »

I swear they are closer primiaries in modern history that didn't get this f**king bitter
GGover
BBovine
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.06, S: 2.09

« Reply #156 on: September 17, 2017, 03:45:45 AM »

This is the most outrageous excerpt in the entire book.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #157 on: September 17, 2017, 04:17:41 AM »

Exactly. She's right to not feel sorry for people who didn't vote for her given the stakes last year.

Exactly.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #158 on: September 17, 2017, 04:22:03 AM »

It's pretty hilarious that on a forum where people regularly ragequit over losing fake elections in a made up fantasy world with like 40 people participating, everyone is convinced they'd be super magnanimous if they lost the US presidential election to Donald Trump because the media decided to devote 90% of their reporting about your e-mails.

But sure guys.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #159 on: September 17, 2017, 12:36:22 PM »

The more I read from the book, the more my hate for Hillary Clinton solidifies. There are large sections that border on self-parody.

Hillary Clinton got 14 Million dollars in advance for writing all this.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #160 on: September 17, 2017, 12:58:19 PM »

The more I read from the book, the more my hate for Hillary Clinton solidifies. There are large sections that border on self-parody.

Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #161 on: September 17, 2017, 01:03:07 PM »

LOL. I love how quotes are taken from her book without comment, as if they're self-evidently bad. People who didn't vote at the election and then want to apologize afterward are pretty pathetic. Like, now that it doesn't matter anymore all of a sudden you care? Don't tell me Hillary's detractors actually buy into any of that crap.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #162 on: September 17, 2017, 01:07:06 PM »

Why should Hillary Clinton be expected to comfort those who didn't vote?! She can't remove their mistake, even if she said a few nice words it wouldn't have done anything. They could have stopped Donald Trump from becoming President and they chose not to. Hopefully they will learn the hard way the importance of voting and vote in future elections.

And perhaps next time Democrats will learn not to nominate a candidate whose disapproval ratings rival those of Donald F***ing Trump.

If this country can't overcome its deep-seated, fanatical misogyny, it doesn't deserve a better president than Trump. But the people who will be hurt the most are people overseas who will be wiped out in the coming nuclear holocaust.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #163 on: September 17, 2017, 01:09:23 PM »

If this country can't overcome its deep-seated, fanatical misogyny, it doesn't deserve a better president than Trump. But the people who will be hurt the most are people overseas who will be wiped out in the coming nuclear holocaust.

Roll Eyes
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #164 on: September 17, 2017, 01:12:14 PM »

Yassss Hillary!!!
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #165 on: September 17, 2017, 01:12:34 PM »
« Edited: September 17, 2017, 01:14:20 PM by Jacobin American »

That was one of the most histrionic and absurd things I've read in a while. It doesn't remotely surprise me it came from you...
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #166 on: September 17, 2017, 01:15:10 PM »

That was one of the most histrionic and absurd things I've read in a while. It doesn't remotely surprise me it came from you...

History will prove one of us right. All we have to do is wait.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #167 on: September 17, 2017, 01:38:31 PM »

History will prove one of us right. All we have to do is wait.

But you won't be alive to gloat if you die in a nuclear war, so this bet seems to be somewhat asymmetrical.  Tongue
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #168 on: September 17, 2017, 09:44:13 PM »

“People say not everybody who voted for Bernie ended up voting for Hillary, no kidding!" Sanders said on "Meet The Press." He added, "That's what happens in politics," specifically pointing to some samples that have showed as many as a quarter of Clinton's primary voters in 2008 ended up voting for John McCain in the general election. "That's the nature of politics," he said. "Most people, you know, are not rigidly Democrats or Republicans. They vote where they want. I worked as hard as I could to see that Hillary Clinton would be elected president." "After endorsing Hillary Clinton, I went all over this country," Sanders said Sunday.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/bernie-sanders-some-supporters-not-voting-clinton-no-kidding-n802081
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #169 on: September 19, 2017, 02:14:50 PM »

This is what all you Clintonites in this thread sound like...

Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #170 on: September 19, 2017, 02:27:56 PM »

Uh are you seriously going to insult Tyler Oakley of all people? It would be an honor to sound like him, and I can't imagine anyone on the left or center disagreeing with me on that.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #171 on: September 19, 2017, 02:31:36 PM »

Uh are you seriously going to insult Tyler Oakley of all people? It would be an honor to sound like him, and I can't imagine anyone on the left or center disagreeing with me on that.

There are adults who unironically like Tyler Oakley? LOL. This why Trump won.
fluffypanther19
United States

« Reply #172 on: September 19, 2017, 11:28:33 PM »

i think i'm towards the political center and i don't give a flying f**k about Oakley and what does he do anyway?
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #173 on: September 19, 2017, 11:51:52 PM »

Rip me to shreds all you want but what Hillary is right about rural America. Bernieceats have got to stop acting like "Trump won because of trade deals and 98% of rural whites voted for that reason" I've lived in upstate New York for 4 years during Obama's second term to the rise of Trump and what I saw is the same as Hillary said but also what liberal redneck has said, what Vice have shown in documentries have show, and heck what Masterjedi has said. Racial resentment toward minorities in big cities as the source of economic decline in the area is becoming a stable of rural culture. It's not even that new, Americans tendency of blaming minorities and other poor people for lack for lack of middle class progress over the rich and powerful is why socalism never caught on here over Europe during industrial age.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #174 on: September 19, 2017, 11:59:10 PM »

This is what all you Clintonites in this thread sound like...

Better than whatever the hell is going on with the Sanders supporters in this thread.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies