HRC Book Megathread - HRC - "No absolution for women who didn't vote for me"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:41:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  HRC Book Megathread - HRC - "No absolution for women who didn't vote for me"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: HRC Book Megathread - HRC - "No absolution for women who didn't vote for me"  (Read 10677 times)
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2017, 02:27:42 PM »

There's a part in the book where she talks about the Women's March and her reaction is basically "Where was this solidarity and energy when I needed it?"

I do not understand how anyone can like her
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2017, 03:54:06 PM »
« Edited: September 09, 2017, 03:59:30 PM by superbudgie1582 »

There's a part in the book where she talks about the Women's March and her reaction is basically "Where was this solidarity and energy when I needed it?"

I dont understand how you guys can keep taking small excerpts out of context and then make broad statements.

Edit: And thats not what it says. Thats what a Gatewaypundit article says.

Edit 2: Many left wingers not associated with/did not vote for Hillary marched and protested in the womens march. Shes openly wondering why many on the left were so indifferent towards her yet so involved in protests and marches following the election.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2017, 04:04:53 PM »

Hillary was badly, badly mistreated.  She made some big mistakes, like the private email server and whatnot, but that was small potatoes compared to what trump did.  It was her turn, she has he right to be angry at the selfish public.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2017, 05:36:13 PM »

I dont understand how you guys can keep taking small excerpts out of context and then make broad statements.

Edit: And thats not what it says. Thats what a Gatewaypundit article says.

Edit 2: Many left wingers not associated with/did not vote for Hillary marched and protested in the womens march. Shes openly wondering why many on the left were so indifferent towards her yet so involved in protests and marches following the election.

Right. They were so passionate and angry about Trump's election but they either did not vote or wrote in Chuck E. Cheese. Some of those people thought that others would do the "dirty work" of voting for Hillary Clinton, while they could sit on the sidelines and preach about how different and above it all they were. They knew she would at least compromise on their causes but still wanted to play the role of being edgy and going against the grain. She can wonder why "progressives" aided and abetted a climate change denying racist's bid for the WH if she wants to.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2017, 06:04:52 PM »

I'm seeing more and more tweets from media folks who have actually read the book that say it's not as confrontational as some of the excerpts would make you think.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2017, 06:44:39 PM »

I'm seeing more and more tweets from media folks who have actually read the book that say it's not as confrontational as some of the excerpts would make you think.

Even if her fundraisers want her to "shut the  up" because shes hurting the party?
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2017, 06:53:38 PM »

This won't change the minds of the deranged. They need to believe whatever narrative that makes Hillary look petty and small minded.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2017, 07:19:19 PM »

This won't change the minds of the deranged. They need to believe whatever narrative that makes Hillary look petty and small minded.

I dont get it. Shes not a bad person. The vitriol some people feel towards her is borderline deranged.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2017, 07:20:12 PM »

We knew she bought the neighboring house during the primaries F.Y.I. It was used as an attack against her.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2017, 07:55:25 PM »
« Edited: September 10, 2017, 07:58:24 PM by superbudgie1582 »

I dont get it. Shes not a bad person. The vitriol some people feel towards her is borderline deranged.

Obama warned us in 2008 that Hillary was unelectable. The pollsters have been warning us for a decade that she was unelectable. But it just had to be "her turn" and now we're stuck with the orange shiitgibbon in the White House.

If Hillary truly was this great candidate, a guy like Sanders shouldn't of made it out of Iowa with a single delegate

And? Im not going to argue with you over things that dont matter anymore.

Edit: She ran and lost. Just like Sanders had the right to challange her, Hillary had the right to beat him.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2017, 03:23:18 AM »

Bernie lost the primary by 3.5 million votes and Clinton won the popular vote over Trump by 2.8 million. Just tossing that out there.

That is fake news. You have to stop lying about this. Democratic Primaries do not record votes of all states so that is a false stat.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2017, 03:34:15 AM »

Hillary Clinton’s reveals why she lost the US election

“Let's set the record straight: we always knew that the industrial Midwest was crucial to our success, just as it had been for Democrats for decades, and contrary to the popular narrative, we didn't ignore those states," she wrote. She also owns up to other mistakes, saying her comment about putting coal miners out of business was the mistake "I regret the most" and that her paid speeches to Wall Street banks were bad "optics".

After all the ridiculous accusations, it is good to see that Clinton accepts atleast some of her faults. How she still doesn't think that she ignored the Mid-West is beyond me when she didn't even visit WI & only visited MI like 3-4 days before the GE when polls showed her falling big.

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2017/09/11/10/52/hillary-clinton-reveals-why-she-lost-us-election-trump-president-white-house

Steve Bannon: 'Hillary Clinton's not very bright' for ignoring populism in American politics

"Hillary Clinton's not very bright," Bannon told Charlie Rose during an interview for CBS' "60 Minutes," though his comments were not aired Sunday as part of the program. "She doesn't have a grasp on what's important and what's not, and that's essential in a leader," he added. "The only question before us: Is it going to be a left-wing populism or a right-wing populism?" Bannon said. "And that is the question that will be answered in 2020."

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/steve-bannon-hillary-clintons-not-very-bright-for-ignoring-populism-in-american-politics/article/2633975
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2017, 05:44:42 AM »

Bernie lost the primary by 3.5 million votes and Clinton won the popular vote over Trump by 2.8 million. Just tossing that out there.

That is fake news. You have to stop lying about this. Democratic Primaries do not record votes of all states so that is a false stat.

Lol. Low turnout caucuses do not change that 3.5 million number by that much.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2017, 07:51:47 AM »

Either way, it is not 3.5M - And hence "FAKE NEWS". Especially when 1 candidate wins most of the caucuses, even in large states like WA.

Dem Nomination is not won by the PV. If that is the case, it should be switched to primaries for all contests & the PV should be counted. It is decided by Delegates. Apparently, Clinton won more PV for primaries in 2008 but Obama won the nomination convincingly delegate wise.

Clinton had around 54% of the pledged delegates. The 3.5M is an incorrect number.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2017, 08:03:17 AM »

The idea that Shadows is anything more then a propaganda-bot trying to cause conflict on the left is ridiculous.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2017, 08:04:34 AM »

Either way, it is not 3.5M - And hence "FAKE NEWS". Especially when 1 candidate wins most of the caucuses, even in large states like WA.

Dem Nomination is not won by the PV. If that is the case, it should be switched to primaries for all contests & the PV should be counted. It is decided by Delegates. Apparently, Clinton won more PV for primaries in 2008 but Obama won the nomination convincingly delegate wise.

Clinton had around 54% of the pledged delegates. The 3.5M is an incorrect number.

Hillary won the WA primary.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #66 on: September 11, 2017, 08:24:09 AM »

WA had a primary? Didn't they just have a caucus?

Also, Shadows, Sanders still got beaten in the popular vote.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #67 on: September 11, 2017, 08:33:52 AM »
« Edited: September 11, 2017, 08:45:37 AM by Shadows »

WA had a primary? Didn't they just have a caucus?

Also, Shadows, Sanders still got beaten in the popular vote.

Absolutely. And that is a fair thing to say. And she won convincingly. With & even without any DNC bias, the black vote polarization was too big for Sanders to overcome.

But the 3.5M Vote number is not accurate. No-one knows what that is, but in many millions for sure.

There was no primary in WA related to the Dem nomination or delegate selection. So that is again fake news. (Ceremonial Primaries = Junk)

The idea that Shadows is anything more then a propaganda-bot trying to cause conflict on the left is ridiculous.

Thank your for your brilliant contribution to this thread by posting such an intellectual comment. Now, if you are capable of saying anything intelligent to contribute, you are welcome.

You could praise some aspects of the Clinton book instead of bashing me. That sounds more constructive.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #68 on: September 11, 2017, 10:05:58 AM »
« Edited: September 11, 2017, 12:09:42 PM by Shadows »

Clinton in new CBS Interview -

Bernie supporters are Bernie-bros, sexists, misogynists harassing Clinton supporters online ( Correct the Record 1M $ spending ??). She said she beat Bernie in a landslide but Bernie didn't work as hard as she did for Obama. (54%-46% Pledged Delegates & 22 state loss is the new definition of Landslide).

She also said that Bernie doesn't disown such sexist supporters who harass people continually or say anything about attacks on one of her favorite Democrat, Kamala Harris by the left. She asks Bernie to go away if he wouldn't support Democrats fully.

Stands by her deplorable comments . She says she didn't energize or demonize or offend any voters. Says those people were already gone, it was a "Political gift" & had no bearing on the race.

And the usual "Comey" comments (which she may/may not be right). On the bright side, she added that "she maybe made some mistakes too"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62A0vlWUw0I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csWcVWZYJeo
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #69 on: September 11, 2017, 10:25:26 AM »

Stands by her deplorable comments . She says she didn't energize or demonize or offend any voters. Says those people were already gone, it was not a "Political gift" & had no bearing on the race.
She literally said "I'm sorry I gave them a political gift of any kind".

Confirmed that you will lie just to perpetuate your narrative that HRC is on a revenge tour.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #70 on: September 11, 2017, 12:03:53 PM »

Bernie needs to destroy this filth.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2017, 12:12:48 PM »

Hillary sounds like she's going to endorse Kamala Harris. Attacks Bernie bros for criticizing her.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2017, 12:16:53 PM »

Stands by her deplorable comments . She says she didn't energize or demonize or offend any voters. Says those people were already gone, it was not a "Political gift" & had no bearing on the race.
She literally said "I'm sorry I gave them a political gift of any kind".

Confirmed that you will lie just to perpetuate your narrative that HRC is on a revenge tour.

Wait. I thought I wrote "It was a political gift" (*Anyways Typo - Corrected). The point is that she said it had no bearing no the race whatsoever despite it being a political gift. Personally, I have felt she was right about the deplorable thing but it was a really stupid thing to say & harmed her.

Anyways, you are in your own crazy Hillary-fandom world & argue about this. You can join Hillary in asking Bernie to go away, calling his supporters sexists & saying he encourages that.

Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #73 on: September 11, 2017, 12:18:29 PM »

Anyway, here's what I would have said.

"Look, the Bernie line was a small part of the book. Out of hundreds of pages, there were two pages in there about him. And look, Bernie Sanders is a great guy, and I respect what he's trying to do for the country, and he has a lot of sincere, passionate supporters. And frankly, I agree with a lot of what he and they are trying to do. Unfortunately, when he ran for president, and this isn't his fault, but when he ran, his campaign did become, I believe, a vehicle for some of the more sexist detractors of me who wanted to see me lose at all costs. And to some extent, I believe those people latched onto Bernie's campaign. But now it's time to move forward."

On his role in the campaign:

[Same words she used, when she said, I dropped out immediately and endorsed Obama, but didn't get the same respect, but then add] "... But look, I think Bernie did a great job at the convention, when it looked like his very enthusiastic supporters were going to be very hard to control, and he did a good job on the campaign trail supporting me. I appreciate that he did that."
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #74 on: September 11, 2017, 12:27:09 PM »
« Edited: September 11, 2017, 12:42:32 PM by Shadows »

Hillary sounds like she's going to endorse Kamala Harris. Attacks Bernie bros for criticizing her.

She said "one of her favorites." Hillary has a lot of leverage now & her approvals surely would bounce back from this pathetic 30%. But she will go to war with Sanders it seems.  There will be an endorsement (& it may not be Kamala) & the endorsement will go to anyone with the best chance of beating Sanders (or from his wing) & it will a bloody primary.

And Sanders @ 75 went to 14 rallies in 12 states in both coasts in the last 7 days. Hillary was promised the SoS role, Sanders got nothing & neither did he ask for anything. Sanders did more rallies for Hillary than anyone not named Clinton.

Hopefully it ends here. Sanders will likely not respond. But if she keeps attacking on & on, then he will have a go & ultimately it will get ugly.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies