HRC Book Megathread - HRC - "No absolution for women who didn't vote for me"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:51:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  HRC Book Megathread - HRC - "No absolution for women who didn't vote for me"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
Author Topic: HRC Book Megathread - HRC - "No absolution for women who didn't vote for me"  (Read 10537 times)
Shadows
YaBB God
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: September 13, 2017, 12:34:24 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcxXyZKaRtA - HRC on the view

HRC says Sanders must share blame for her loss. When she was asked about DNC Favoritism, she says she is a lifelong Democrat & Bernie is an independent & tried to justify it & switched the convo to Russia.
Who would let someone who has never identified as a member of their party jump right in and be their leader? Look at Donald Trump and the Republicans. Yes, members of the DNC preferred a Democrat to an outsider. Wow. How scandalous.

If Bernie Sanders was the true will of the people he would have been the nominee. Period.

Then they just abolish the Primary system & appoint Clinton the leader. Millions of people donated their hard money & gave time & energy & passion, sweat & tears to the campaign.

Just say you won't allow an Independent & let the guy run as independent if he wants. DNC can't have an unbiased primary system & then pick & chose losers in that contest. And these same Democrats complain about the EC being unfair when they don't give that same dignity & respect to the Dem primary voters.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #126 on: September 13, 2017, 12:39:32 PM »

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/9/13/16296736/hillary-clinton-book-bernie-sanders

Full of accusations & continous brutal attacks on Sanders.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #127 on: September 13, 2017, 12:46:26 PM »

HRC says Sanders must share blame for her loss. When she was asked about DNC Favoritism, she says she is a lifelong Democrat & Bernie is an independent & tried to justify it & switched the convo to Russia.
Who would let someone who has never identified as a member of their party jump right in and be their leader? Look at Donald Trump and the Republicans. Yes, members of the DNC preferred a Democrat to an outsider. Wow. How scandalous.

If Bernie Sanders was the true will of the people he would have been the nominee. Period.

Then they just abolish the Primary system & appoint Clinton the leader. Millions of people donated their hard money & gave time & energy & passion, sweat & tears to the campaign.

Just say you won't allow an Independent & let the guy run as independent if he wants. DNC can't have an unbiased primary system & then pick & chose losers in that contest. And these same Democrats complain about the EC being unfair when they don't give that same dignity & respect to the Dem primary voters.
I'm all for open primaries in All 50 states. I don't see you complaining about Bernie's numerous wins in the undemocratic caucus system.

The system was not biased. Millions of people voted for Bernie Sanders' opponent instead of him. Many of his supporters can't cope with this fact.

Furthermore, if lifetime members of the Democrat Party PERSONALLY wanted a Democrat to win their primary I don't see what the problem is. People now can't have a personal opinion on who they want to lead their party? Oh.

The DNC was more than welcome to Sanders. But when you are looking for slights to complain about you will assuredly find them.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #128 on: September 13, 2017, 12:47:38 PM »

God the Clinton supporters on here are unbearable. Her interview on the Today show was
Terrible, basically blamed everyone except herself.
As are you. You keep storming into every Clinton thread mad and angry as if we are bound to kiss the ring of your self appointed God.

If I hated someone this much I would avoid them like the plague. Especially when they're irrelevant and a private citizen.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #129 on: September 13, 2017, 01:22:12 PM »

I'm all for open primaries in All 50 states. I don't see you complaining about Bernie's numerous wins in the undemocratic caucus system.

The system was not biased. Millions of people voted for Bernie Sanders' opponent instead of him. Many of his supporters can't cope with this fact.

Furthermore, if lifetime members of the Democrat Party PERSONALLY wanted a Democrat to win their primary I don't see what the problem is. People now can't have a personal opinion on who they want to lead their party? Oh.

The DNC was more than welcome to Sanders. But when you are looking for slights to complain about you will assuredly find them.

Are you saying that with a straight face or is that your attempt at trolling or being comical? The DNC freaking suspended Sanders' access to his email list & the court blasted DNC for it & investigations showed everything what Sanders said was true. They put only 4 debtates pre-Iowa in obscure times which not only harmed the Independent Bernie but also lifelong Democrats like O'Malley. Clinton is not a lifelong Democrat. She was a Republican once. O'Malley was a lifelong Democrat.

A DNC member is welcome to support HRC. DNC members are welcome to vote for Clinton as Super-delegates (which is a screwed up system but is the system none-the-less). But they have no right to slander Sanders on his religion or actively work against him while also working as an impartial DNC person. They, like Tulsi Gabbard, should quit the post & campaign for Hillary if they can't act impartially. If you are responsible for running an operation, then do it fairly, or don't do it. You can want someone to win but you can't screw the process & the opponent to make her win. That is corruption.

This kind of attitude that Democrats have that got Trump to win. This whole establishment screwing the game & protecting themselves is what creates the anti-establishment mood. The system should be something which allows maximum participation, so if Caucus can be reformed or with absentee voting, that should be welcomed. I wouldn't even go & advocate Open primaries everywhere. It should be semi-open with Republicans not allowed. Or a Close primary with same day registration. Let people register as a Democrat.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #130 on: September 14, 2017, 10:25:25 AM »

"When it first started happening, it was so soon after the election," she said. "It was hard for me to comfort somebody who was coming to me and saying, 'Oh, I wish I had done more,' or, 'I'm sorry I didn't vote' because I think this was one of the most consequential elections that we have faced in a long time." She added: "So, no absolution. But I just hope people will take what happened this time seriously and be ready and willing to vote the next time."

"I wanted to stare right in her eyes and say, 'You didn't vote? How could you not vote? You abdicated your responsibility as a citizen at the worst possible time! And now you want me to make you feel better?'" Clinton writes. "Of course, I didn't say any of that." She adds: "These people were looking for absolution that I just couldn't give. We all have to live with the consequences of our decisions."

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/09/13/politics/hillary-clinton-anderson-cooper-2016/index.html
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #131 on: September 14, 2017, 10:50:19 AM »

"When it first started happening, it was so soon after the election," she said. "It was hard for me to comfort somebody who was coming to me and saying, 'Oh, I wish I had done more,' or, 'I'm sorry I didn't vote' because I think this was one of the most consequential elections that we have faced in a long time." She added: "So, no absolution. But I just hope people will take what happened this time seriously and be ready and willing to vote the next time."

"I wanted to stare right in her eyes and say, 'You didn't vote? How could you not vote? You abdicated your responsibility as a citizen at the worst possible time! And now you want me to make you feel better?'" Clinton writes. "Of course, I didn't say any of that." She adds: "These people were looking for absolution that I just couldn't give. We all have to live with the consequences of our decisions."

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/09/13/politics/hillary-clinton-anderson-cooper-2016/index.html

Stop with the misleading title changes. Your not even trying anymore.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #132 on: September 15, 2017, 01:24:02 AM »

No Absolution is an even harsher term but absolution in general means forgiveness.

This is basic language. You should know this.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #133 on: September 15, 2017, 01:51:36 AM »

Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #134 on: September 15, 2017, 02:03:03 AM »
« Edited: September 15, 2017, 02:08:26 AM by Siren »

This is an example of why Hillary Clinton is not a leader. She is self-righteous and selfish, and doesn't care to understand what ordinary people who don't follow politics are going through. A little reassurance could go a long way for someone's life, but she can't bring herself to offer it because all she can think about is herself. I can think of several people who would have comforted people in that situation. Obama is one.

Also, she may not have said that to those people's faces, but she just said it now, for all of them to read or hear about. It's not much different.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #135 on: September 15, 2017, 07:18:23 AM »

No Absolution is an even harsher term but absolution in general means forgiveness.

So why do you put it in quotes when you are, in fact, paraphrasing?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #136 on: September 16, 2017, 11:53:19 AM »

Hillary Clinton will remain a relavent threat to the public until she's buried and a silver stake is driven through her.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #137 on: September 16, 2017, 01:02:35 PM »

How dare Hillary write a book, she should be campaigning in Wisconsin!
tallguy23
United States

« Reply #138 on: September 16, 2017, 01:51:37 PM »

I don't disagree with her here. Way too many people don't vote or don't do their research before they vote. I'm pretty sick of hearing people complain when they purposefully stay out of the process. Cry me a river.
OkThen

Political Matrix
E: -2.32, S: 0.35

« Reply #139 on: September 16, 2017, 03:02:18 PM »

This is an example of why Hillary Clinton is not a leader. She is self-righteous and selfish, and doesn't care to understand what ordinary people who don't follow politics are going through. A little reassurance could go a long way for someone's life, but she can't bring herself to offer it because all she can think about is herself. I can think of several people who would have comforted people in that situation. Obama is one.

Also, she may not have said that to those people's faces, but she just said it now, for all of them to read or hear about. It's not much different.

She's speaking about her genuine thoughts and means of processing her defeat when confronting these situations right after the election. Most people would 100% feel the exact same way. What's infinitely more self-righteous and selfish are people who feel that they are entitled to be absolved of their guilt or owed comfort. Let them use their guilt as a means of learning from their mistakes and hopefully try to make positive change.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #140 on: September 16, 2017, 03:02:59 PM »

You almost wouldn't think Bernie and Hillary supporters belonged to the same party...
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #141 on: September 16, 2017, 04:53:26 PM »

You almost wouldn't think Bernie and Hillary supporters belonged to the same party...
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #142 on: September 16, 2017, 04:59:46 PM »

I voted for Sanders, and I like them both :/

Wish there were more Democrats like me...
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #143 on: September 16, 2017, 05:04:32 PM »

The title is misleading. She said she is not offering comfort and consoling women who didn't vote for her and expect her to make them feel better about their decision. They knew they didn't want Trump but still stayed home. That's on them and they need to deal with that. I find it funny how people expect Hillary to still bend over backwards and coddle people who stayed home or did a write-in for Elmo or Ronald McDonald. She lost. You didn't want her and now she's a private citizen. She doesn't owe them anything.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #144 on: September 16, 2017, 05:11:31 PM »
« Edited: September 16, 2017, 05:16:53 PM by Acting Southern Delegate The Saint »

For a supposedly devout Christian, she sure has trouble forgiving others.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #145 on: September 16, 2017, 05:16:23 PM »

Good point. Better edit that.
GGover
BBovine
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.06, S: 2.09

« Reply #146 on: September 16, 2017, 05:16:28 PM »

Hillary Clinton lost and must BEND THE KNEE like a good girl.

Socialism is the future of the Democratic party Clinton cucks have no future.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #147 on: September 16, 2017, 08:46:31 PM »

I voted for Sanders, and I like them both :/

Wish there were more Democrats like me...

Same.

But that doesn't negate the absolute wrong-headed turns made. The worst offender being hiring the guy who nearly put The C^%&h into Richmond instead of Fast Terry. He was supposed to win BIGLY, not manage to bleed from lowered turnout and encouragement of libertarians.
It seems like she understood the climate much better than alluded by either the Bernie camp or by the Trump camp, but consistently went along with once, again, the man who nearly blew an easy win.

And she ascribed that victory as some kind of longshot upset for some reason, even though that only would've been true if that race had actually had primaries [nope, only The C^%&h and Fast Terry qualified], and if Lt. Gov. Bill Bolling had been the opponent.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #148 on: September 16, 2017, 08:52:09 PM »

Why should Hillary Clinton be expected to comfort those who didn't vote?! She can't remove their mistake, even if she said a few nice words it wouldn't have done anything. They could have stopped Donald Trump from becoming President and they chose not to. Hopefully they will learn the hard way the importance of voting and vote in future elections.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #149 on: September 16, 2017, 08:54:02 PM »

Why should Hillary Clinton be expected to comfort those who didn't vote?! She can't remove their mistake, even if she said a few nice words it wouldn't have done anything. They could have stopped Donald Trump from becoming President and they chose not to. Hopefully they will learn the hard way the importance of voting and vote in future elections.

And perhaps next time Democrats will learn not to nominate a candidate whose disapproval ratings rival those of Donald F***ing Trump.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies