HRC Book Megathread - HRC - "No absolution for women who didn't vote for me" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:26:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  HRC Book Megathread - HRC - "No absolution for women who didn't vote for me" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HRC Book Megathread - HRC - "No absolution for women who didn't vote for me"  (Read 10674 times)
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: September 09, 2017, 09:43:07 AM »

Imagine if John Kerry came out in with a book in 2005 all about how losing the election wasn't his fault.

John Kerry was still a senator in 2005. Hillary Clinton is private citizen.
This.

Not to mention--- She got upset by a reality television star. I want to hear what she has to say. Two days before the election I remember hearing a poll that 70 percent of Americans thought she was going to be the next president. Hell, she had Obama in her corner predicting a victory and most media outlets predicting a landslide. I know her haters want her to curl up in a cave somewhere but people are interested in hearing her perspective. If you don't want to hear it, it's pretty easy to tune it out. Strange how the people who dislike her seem to be the ones who can't get enough.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 05:36:13 PM »

There's a part in the book where she talks about the Women's March and her reaction is basically "Where was this solidarity and energy when I needed it?"

I do not understand how anyone can like her

I dont understand how you guys can keep taking small excerpts out of context and then make broad statements.

Edit: And thats not what it says. Thats what a Gatewaypundit article says.

Edit 2: Many left wingers not associated with/did not vote for Hillary marched and protested in the womens march. Shes openly wondering why many on the left were so indifferent towards her yet so involved in protests and marches following the election.

Right. They were so passionate and angry about Trump's election but they either did not vote or wrote in Chuck E. Cheese. Some of those people thought that others would do the "dirty work" of voting for Hillary Clinton, while they could sit on the sidelines and preach about how different and above it all they were. They knew she would at least compromise on their causes but still wanted to play the role of being edgy and going against the grain. She can wonder why "progressives" aided and abetted a climate change denying racist's bid for the WH if she wants to.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 06:53:38 PM »

I'm seeing more and more tweets from media folks who have actually read the book that say it's not as confrontational as some of the excerpts would make you think.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

This won't change the minds of the deranged. They need to believe whatever narrative that makes Hillary look petty and small minded.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 10:25:26 AM »

Stands by her deplorable comments . She says she didn't energize or demonize or offend any voters. Says those people were already gone, it was not a "Political gift" & had no bearing on the race.
She literally said "I'm sorry I gave them a political gift of any kind".

Confirmed that you will lie just to perpetuate your narrative that HRC is on a revenge tour.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 12:53:00 PM »

Stands by her deplorable comments . She says she didn't energize or demonize or offend any voters. Says those people were already gone, it was not a "Political gift" & had no bearing on the race.
She literally said "I'm sorry I gave them a political gift of any kind".

Confirmed that you will lie just to perpetuate your narrative that HRC is on a revenge tour.

Wait. I thought I wrote "It was a political gift" (*Anyways Typo - Corrected). The point is that she said it had no bearing no the race whatsoever despite it being a political gift. Personally, I have felt she was right about the deplorable thing but it was a really stupid thing to say & harmed her.

Anyways, you are in your own crazy Hillary-fandom world & argue about this. You can join Hillary in asking Bernie to go away, calling his supporters sexists & saying he encourages that.

Ok.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 06:06:41 PM »

In her book "What Happened," Clinton questions why other mainstream Democratic politicians haven't faced the same scrutiny over their 2003 support for the Iraq War. “Why am I seen as such a divisive figure and, say, Joe Biden and John Kerry aren’t?” she asks. “They’ve cast votes of all kinds, including some they regret, just like me? What makes me such a lightning rod for fury?" "I’m really asking. I’m at a loss,” Clinton adds.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/350207-clinton-why-dont-biden-and-kerry-get-same-flak-as-me-for-iraq

Because neither were major primary contenders, let alone frontrunners, in 2008 or 16.
Bernie Sanders had plenty of excuses made for his controversial votes and actions. In fact, some of them were never covered but Hillary was dragged mercilessly for a bill that was passed and signed into law when she was not an elected official.

For some reason pragmatism and nuance are only allowed when Bernie does something problematic. Hillary is damned to hell and told to go sit in a corner.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 12:13:06 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcxXyZKaRtA - HRC on the view

HRC says Sanders must share blame for her loss. When she was asked about DNC Favoritism, she says she is a lifelong Democrat & Bernie is an independent & tried to justify it & switched the convo to Russia.
Who would let someone who has never identified as a member of their party jump right in and be their leader? Look at Donald Trump and the Republicans. Yes, members of the DNC preferred a Democrat to an outsider. Wow. How scandalous.

If Bernie Sanders was the true will of the people he would have been the nominee. Period.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2017, 12:46:26 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcxXyZKaRtA - HRC on the view

HRC says Sanders must share blame for her loss. When she was asked about DNC Favoritism, she says she is a lifelong Democrat & Bernie is an independent & tried to justify it & switched the convo to Russia.
Who would let someone who has never identified as a member of their party jump right in and be their leader? Look at Donald Trump and the Republicans. Yes, members of the DNC preferred a Democrat to an outsider. Wow. How scandalous.

If Bernie Sanders was the true will of the people he would have been the nominee. Period.

Then they just abolish the Primary system & appoint Clinton the leader. Millions of people donated their hard money & gave time & energy & passion, sweat & tears to the campaign.

Just say you won't allow an Independent & let the guy run as independent if he wants. DNC can't have an unbiased primary system & then pick & chose losers in that contest. And these same Democrats complain about the EC being unfair when they don't give that same dignity & respect to the Dem primary voters.
I'm all for open primaries in All 50 states. I don't see you complaining about Bernie's numerous wins in the undemocratic caucus system.

The system was not biased. Millions of people voted for Bernie Sanders' opponent instead of him. Many of his supporters can't cope with this fact.

Furthermore, if lifetime members of the Democrat Party PERSONALLY wanted a Democrat to win their primary I don't see what the problem is. People now can't have a personal opinion on who they want to lead their party? Oh.

The DNC was more than welcome to Sanders. But when you are looking for slights to complain about you will assuredly find them.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2017, 12:47:38 PM »

God the Clinton supporters on here are unbearable. Her interview on the Today show was
Terrible, basically blamed everyone except herself.
As are you. You keep storming into every Clinton thread mad and angry as if we are bound to kiss the ring of your self appointed God.

If I hated someone this much I would avoid them like the plague. Especially when they're irrelevant and a private citizen.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2017, 05:04:32 PM »

"When it first started happening, it was so soon after the election," she said. "It was hard for me to comfort somebody who was coming to me and saying, 'Oh, I wish I had done more,' or, 'I'm sorry I didn't vote' because I think this was one of the most consequential elections that we have faced in a long time." She added: "So, no absolution. But I just hope people will take what happened this time seriously and be ready and willing to vote the next time."

"I wanted to stare right in her eyes and say, 'You didn't vote? How could you not vote? You abdicated your responsibility as a citizen at the worst possible time! And now you want me to make you feel better?'" Clinton writes. "Of course, I didn't say any of that." She adds: "These people were looking for absolution that I just couldn't give. We all have to live with the consequences of our decisions."

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/09/13/politics/hillary-clinton-anderson-cooper-2016/index.html

Stop with the misleading title changes. Your not even trying anymore.

No Absolution is an even harsher term but absolution in general means forgiveness.

This is basic language. You should know this.
The title is misleading. She said she is not offering comfort and consoling women who didn't vote for her and expect her to make them feel better about their decision. They knew they didn't want Trump but still stayed home. That's on them and they need to deal with that. I find it funny how people expect Hillary to still bend over backwards and coddle people who stayed home or did a write-in for Elmo or Ronald McDonald. She lost. You didn't want her and now she's a private citizen. She doesn't owe them anything.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2017, 01:12:14 PM »

Yassss Hillary!!!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies