Bannon: Catholic Church needs lillegal aliens to fill the churches
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:35:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Bannon: Catholic Church needs lillegal aliens to fill the churches
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Bannon: Catholic Church needs lillegal aliens to fill the churches  (Read 2185 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 07, 2017, 04:41:12 PM »
« edited: September 07, 2017, 09:06:10 PM by NewYorkExpress »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/09/07/bannon-catholic-church-needs-illegal-aliens-to-fill-the-churches/?utm_term=.146e11660870

You must be logged in to read this quote.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 04:45:33 PM »

Ah Steve hitting the old bottle again
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 04:50:30 PM »

I look up to him.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 04:53:14 PM »

Of course you do.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 06:32:19 PM »

The bottle of Rum, Romanism, and Rebellion.
BlueDogDemocrat
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2017, 06:35:49 PM »

The bottle of Rum, Romanism, and Rebellion.
The three r's
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2017, 08:57:01 PM »

They teach the born agains/southern baptists that Catholics aren't Christians and they worship Mary as a god/Satan. Just ask Bushie, it's really creepy.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2017, 09:01:47 PM »

They teach the born agains/southern baptists that Catholics aren't Christians and they worship Mary as a god/Satan. Just ask Bushie, it's really creepy.

Isn't Bannon Catholic?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2017, 09:05:22 PM »

Isn't Bannon Catholic?

Yes. He just obviously, as seen here, puts his civilizational views before his theological views.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2017, 09:09:05 PM »

I'm a Southern Baptist, and my church has never once said that Catholics aren't Christians.  In fact, in any conversations I have had on the topic, it seems to be more of a situation of mutual respect, even if the churches do differ in some important ways.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2017, 09:14:52 PM »

Isn't Bannon Catholic?

Probably the type of Catholic who believes the Church was infiltrated and corrupted by liberalism in the '60s and that the Pope must remain European. These types of conspiracy theories among neo-Fascists aren't new.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2017, 09:16:18 PM »

I'm a Southern Baptist, and my church has never once said that Catholics aren't Christians.  In fact, in any conversations I have had on the topic, it seems to be more of a situation of mutual respect, even if the churches do differ in some important ways.
I went to a Baptist church run by a former Catholic.  The Catholic bashing was palpable.  I was taught from an early age that Catholics were a bunch of cannibalistic (eucharist) Mary worshiping baby goats headed right into the arms of Baphomet under the leadership of Dear Leader, Mister Bob Pope.

It wasn't until I went to Mass that I actually believed it!  Cheesy  (kidding)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2017, 09:17:31 PM »

Exclusive preview of the next issue of Breitbart:

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2017, 09:37:57 PM »

I'm a Southern Baptist, and my church has never once said that Catholics aren't Christians.  In fact, in any conversations I have had on the topic, it seems to be more of a situation of mutual respect, even if the churches do differ in some important ways.

When I was in junior high, I had a friend (well I thought he was a friend) who was Baptist, and he approached me one day with an official Baptist small pamphlet (it even had drawings in it, I recall), and it was nothing but Catholic bashing. The things in the pamphlet were very troubling (just evil).

I was so horrified that another "Christian" religion would do this. I mean, I was really a gasp and it mentally affected me for a short period of time. (That was many moons ago, but I still remember it).
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2017, 09:38:44 PM »

I want to be Steve Bannon when I grow up.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2017, 09:45:29 PM »

I'm a Southern Baptist and my church has never done anything like that either.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2017, 09:54:20 PM »

When I was in junior high, I had a friend (well I thought he was a friend) who was Baptist, and he approached me one day with an official Baptist small pamphlet (it even had drawings in it, I recall), and it was nothing but Catholic bashing. The things in the pamphlet were very troubling (just evil).

I was so horrified that another "Christian" religion would do this. I mean, I was really a gasp and it mentally affected me for a short period of time. (That was many moons ago, but I still remember it).
Are you Catholic?

Also, if you remember, what kind of stuff was being said?
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2017, 09:59:28 PM »

I want to be Steve Bannon when I grow up.

Why wait? Just find a bottle of Jack and a wife to hit.

I'm not advocating domestic violence!
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2017, 01:37:41 AM »

See, this is interesting to me as a Mormon, as there are far-right Mormons who say exactly the same thing about the LDS Church. Right down to the "needs illegal aliens to fill the churches".

You should have seen how they reacted when low-level Mormon leaders in Utah were deported. Seems these guys and Bannon are birds of a feather.
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2017, 02:31:39 AM »

This guy's a real pip.  His 15 minutes of fame are over.
politics_king
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2017, 02:56:38 AM »

Thanks, Bannon. Go back into your hole now and don't return.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2017, 05:06:22 AM »

I love the cognitive dissonance social conservatives have when it comes to the precepts of Christianity.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2017, 10:14:33 AM »

Are you Catholic?

I was brought-up with the Roman Catholic faith, but much of that has now been lost.
It was quite some time ago, I don't remember much about the pamphlet. But I do recall some things. It was specifically designed to give to people of Catholic faith (the pamphlet was entirely "Catholic bashing"), to dissuade and/or convert one. But the way they worded items (with accompanying pictures) in it were just horrible. I recall some bashing on the Eucharist and something about how the Pope dresses or what he wears. Most of the "bashing" was descriptive language of how these "Catholic things" were really demonic/satanic, and that you should not believe or trust them. It was pretty bad stuff.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2017, 10:16:59 AM »

Immigration will hamper secularism in America, which is a good thing.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2017, 11:41:28 AM »

Are you Catholic?

I was brought-up with the Roman Catholic faith, but much of that has now been lost.
It was quite some time ago, I don't remember much about the pamphlet. But I do recall some things. It was specifically designed to give to people of Catholic faith (the pamphlet was entirely "Catholic bashing"), to dissuade and/or convert one. But the way they worded items (with accompanying pictures) in it were just horrible. I recall some bashing on the Eucharist and something about how the Pope dresses or what he wears. Most of the "bashing" was descriptive language of how these "Catholic things" were really demonic/satanic, and that you should not believe or trust them. It was pretty bad stuff.

Sounds like a Chick tract. Those are quite stupid though my response to them is more to laugh at them. I knew a guy in a progressive church plant group who collected them for laughs.

That said though I don't see what's so different from them and handing out pamphlets stating that a certain political stance or party is wrong and you should change that. Plus at my,college all sorts of student Christian groups handed out pamphlets about their activities and no one described that as "horrible".
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies