Windows vs Linux (and Mac I guess) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:02:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Windows vs Linux (and Mac I guess) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which is the better OS
Windows

Linux

Mac OS

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 33

Author Topic: Windows vs Linux (and Mac I guess)  (Read 1363 times)
TheLeftwardTide
« on: September 17, 2017, 10:48:37 PM »
« edited: September 17, 2017, 10:52:43 PM by Angry Socdem »

Plus its also proper UNIX so you can be a little smug towards Linux people who know their stuff.
Do Mac users know how to be "a little smug"?  'cause I've never seen it.  If Mac users are known for anything it's their lack of smugness.  They totally understand that people and computers are different and fully respect the "to each their own" principle and would never just blindly assume negative things about the competition that they heard 20 years ago and still just assume every word of it is true.
If you're a Mac user, then you're certainly not helping yourself prove your point. Honestly, though, I can't be surprised.

I agree with bagelman here. Mac OS is the most capitalistic OS. I find that Macs are the technological embodiment of "fiscally conservative socially liberal", going hand-in-hand with the Starbucks-drinking, Cadillac-driving, upper-middle class business executive who voted for Clinton but doesn't understand why the economically disadvantaged don't "just pull themselves up by the bootstraps".

Linux is the most "left-wing" OS IMO - the open-source vs. proprietary arguments can be mapped onto the left vs. right arguments, with very high degrees of success; in fact, the open-source movement was more or less born out of left-libertarianism.

Oh, and Chrome OS is for those who don't have access to a better computer, and technological illiterates who only use their computer for facebook and email.

I build my desktops, for maximum customization and minimum cost, and install Windows 10 on them. I do really want to try Linux, though - maybe I'll install it on a separate partition/drive and have a dual-boot computer.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies