Best and Worst 2020 candidates to debate Trump
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:13:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Best and Worst 2020 candidates to debate Trump
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Best and Worst 2020 candidates to debate Trump  (Read 3413 times)
Waiting4Perot
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 09, 2017, 03:45:47 PM »

Of the many Democrats that have been discussed as potential 2020 candidates, who do you think could have the most success and least success in debating Trump?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 03:47:00 PM »

Honestly, I think we should pull a Trump and refuse to debate him.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 04:03:45 PM »

On actually winning, probably Franken.

On getting the media to see Trump as utterly unhinged and predatory, probably Harris.

On policy, Warren.

Booker would be the worst on all counts.
tosk

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -2.96

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 04:08:42 PM »

It would be hard to say until debate time around ~2019 and we see the field shape up and how they do. However from this far out I might say Biden and Sanders could have a strong performance but  they'll be four years older down the road. I get the feeling Chris Murphy and Al Franken are strong debaters in general and would both be against the President.  Someone who could go either way would be Hickenlooper I think. He'd probably be like Kasich in the debates but that miiiight work against Trump in the GE. I think Booker and Harris need to get sharpened. Castro would need to come out of his shell. O'Malley just wouldn't work. I dunno at all about people like Bullock and Tim Ryan though.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2017, 04:16:08 PM »

Booker would be the best, by far. He's very charismatic and has a great way with words, compared to the others.

The worst, Mark Zuckerberg. He's not ready for prime time.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2017, 04:20:42 PM »

Best - Sanders (Will expose Trump for the fraud that he is & is huge contrast in decency & honesty), Gillibrand (I think she will do well vs Trump), Biden (Good 'ol Joe)

Worst - Booker (Idiot who seems totally fake with no charisma & is a mediocre speaker), Harris (More intelligent than Booker but a mediocre speaker with no charisma)

Undecided - Zuckerberg (Far more intelligent than Trump & would prepare well but people won't accept another Billionaire businessmen & the contrast with Trump advantage won't be there).

O'Malley (Would be fun to watch).
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2017, 04:24:41 PM »

Best - Sanders, Warren, Gillibrand

Worst - Warren

Harris will probably know how to use the media against Trump.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2017, 04:26:25 PM »

Best - Booker, Harris, Brown, Biden
Worst - Sanders, Warren, Gillibrand
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2017, 04:53:18 PM »
« Edited: September 09, 2017, 04:55:31 PM by UWS »

Why Sanders would be among the worsts? In the Democratic debates in 2016, most of the time, he performed better than Hillary Clinton.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2017, 05:10:46 PM »

Best: Gillibrand, Biden, Harris, Brown, Warren

Worst: Sanders, Booker, Cuomo

Trump will do best with candidates mired in scandal like Cuomo, Booker is a weak and ineffective orator IMO, and Sanders gets flustered easily.

Gillibrand, Brown, and Warren will give it to Trump straight on policy and make him look like an incompetent lunatic.

Biden will get in the dirt right with him and go pound for pound.

Harris will be composed--- and let Trump's crazy speak for itself.
The Undefeatable Debbie Stabenow
slightlyburnttoast
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -5.43

P P
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2017, 05:15:09 PM »

I don't think Booker as a whole is super electable, but I think he would do very well in a debate against Trump.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2017, 06:32:04 PM »

Why Sanders would be among the worsts? In the Democratic debates in 2016, most of the time, he performed better than Hillary Clinton.

What debates were you watching? I remember Clinton trounced him each and every time.

Anyway, the problem with him is, he gets too flustered and angry when cornered, and that type of attitude is where Internet Troll: The President can flourish. Trump could call him #CrazyBernie and that would be that.

You want to beat Trump at a debate where it counts? Then you have to not feed him and turn him on himself, roast him with just enough precision that he won't appear to be a wounded gazelle [think Obama's WHCD back in '11], or get lucky and hope he'll do that creepy "stalk around" thing.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2017, 07:01:55 PM »

LMAO.

The debates convinced me to support Clinton over Sanders. Sanders can off as unprepared and out of control.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2017, 07:04:20 PM »

LMAO.

The debates convinced me to support Clinton over Sanders. Sanders can off as unprepared and out of control.
This. Also, Sanders managed to embarrass himself in front of Ted-freaking-Cruz.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2017, 07:05:44 PM »

On actually winning, probably Franken.

On getting the media to see Trump as utterly unhinged and predatory, probably Harris.

On policy, Warren.

Booker would be the worst on all counts.

Pretty much this. Gillibrand would be the second best on the first and second categories, from what I've seen of her.
Possiblymaybe
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2017, 07:33:05 PM »

I don't think Booker as a whole is super electable, but I think he would do very well in a debate against Trump.

Maybe if he did his politics of love act or whatever it's called but Booker is also the guy who got really flustered and defensive on jake tapper when pressed on the pharma bill.
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2017, 08:01:37 PM »

LMAO.

The only reason it looked like ted cruz won is cause he kept spewing out complete bullsh**t
https://obamacarefacts.com/2017/02/08/cnn-obamacare-debate-fact-checked/
http://us.blastingnews.com/news/2017/02/ted-cruz-fact-checked-hard-during-obamacare-debate-with-bernie-sanders-001456455.html
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2017/feb/07/fact-checking-ted-cruz-bernie-sanders-health-care-/
Though Bernie should have called him on his BS the thing about ted is he's a amazing liar even if all of the things he says are bull he is extremely good at lying like remember when he said that ben carson dropped out right before Iowa? https://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/02/05/ben-carson-campaign-releases-tape-of-ted-cruz-worker-spreading-rumors/?mcubz=3
Ted's a special case. I have no idea how Sanders would fair against Trump.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2017, 08:06:06 PM »

LMAO.

Hillary had the questions ahead of time.
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2017, 08:06:36 PM »

LMAO.

Hillary had the questions ahead of time.

Was that for all the debates or just the CNN one?
tosk

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -2.96

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2017, 08:30:16 PM »

I mean there's a reason a lot of Sanders supporters don't bring up Sanders debate with Ted Cruz.
Kyle Rittenhouse is a Political Prisoner
Jalawest2

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2017, 08:52:30 PM »

I mean there's a reason a lot of Sanders supporters don't bring up Sanders debate with Ted Cruz.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2017, 10:05:05 PM »

LMAO.

The only reason it looked like ted cruz won is cause he kept spewing out complete bullsh**t
http://us.blastingnews.com/news/2017/02/ted-cruz-fact-checked-hard-during-obamacare-debate-with-bernie-sanders-001456455.html
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2017/feb/07/fact-checking-ted-cruz-bernie-sanders-health-care-/
Though Bernie should have called him on his BS the thing about ted is he's a amazing liar even if all of the things he says are bull he is extremely good at lying like remember when he said that ben carson dropped out right before Iowa? https://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/02/05/ben-carson-campaign-releases-tape-of-ted-cruz-worker-spreading-rumors/?mcubz=3

Doesn't matter. The far-right were pretty sure Sanders was the one spewing BS.

Mike Pence was a BS spewing roll against Tim Kaine too, but Mike appeared at ease doing so, Tim did not.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2017, 10:09:12 PM »
« Edited: September 09, 2017, 10:13:58 PM by Blue Dog Moderate »

LMAO.

Did I ever say Cruz was honest? Cruz spoke much more smoothly and had a confident posture, while Sanders seemed very irritated and his body language made him seem a bit like an a**hole. It's all about perception. Hence why people think Mike Pence destroyed Tim Kaine in the VP debate. Kaine came across as aggressive and annoying, while Pence was calm and collected.
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2017, 01:40:26 AM »

LMAO.

Did I ever say Cruz was honest? Cruz spoke much more smoothly and had a confident posture, while Sanders seemed very irritated and his body language made him seem a bit like an a**hole. It's all about perception. Hence why people think Mike Pence destroyed Tim Kaine in the VP debate. Kaine came across as aggressive and annoying, while Pence was calm and collected.
True but that's one of Cruz's specialties he's great at making bull s*** look like chocolate ice cream it probably threw Sanders off his game during the primary debates sanders was calm and collected  and definitely held his own and won a couple of them against a veteran debater Clinton
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2017, 07:57:55 AM »

Best - Sanders (Will expose Trump for the fraud that he is & is huge contrast in decency & honesty)

Lol he chokes when confronted directly.

Also lol at "honesty"
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies