JOE MANCHIN 2020!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:59:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  JOE MANCHIN 2020!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9
Author Topic: JOE MANCHIN 2020!  (Read 17590 times)
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: September 17, 2017, 01:50:32 PM »

Anybody thinking Joe Manchin could become a Democratic nominee is seriously delusional, and that;s putting it mildly.
You know their trolling right? get on the discord their talking about how much fun it is to saltmine bernie supporters

Link to the discord?
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #176 on: September 17, 2017, 02:00:20 PM »

Anybody thinking Joe Manchin could become a Democratic nominee is seriously delusional, and that;s putting it mildly.
You know their trolling right? get on the discord their talking about how much fun it is to saltmine bernie supporters

Link to the discord?
https://discord.gg/wYGNDYn
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #177 on: September 17, 2017, 02:27:23 PM »

Link to the discord?
https://discord.gg/wYGNDYn
Someone is a bit unhappy about people not liking Bernie Sanders. Must. Raid. Discord!
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #178 on: September 17, 2017, 05:08:32 PM »

Pretty childish. So they are just the minority of Americans that don't like Bernie Sanders? Good to know, sounds like they are getting desperate.
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #179 on: September 17, 2017, 05:13:03 PM »
« Edited: September 17, 2017, 05:34:06 PM by Libertarian-Leaning Progressive »

You know their trolling right? get on the discord their talking about how much fun it is to saltmine Bernie supporters
Link to the discord?
I'm not no ones talking about raiding it he just wanted to have a link to the discord
You know their trolling right? get on the discord their talking about how much fun it is to saltmine Bernie supporters
Pretty childish. So they are just the minority of Americans that don't like Bernie Sanders? Good to know, sounds like they are getting desperate.
^^^
Only 8% of democrats have a negative opinion of Bernie
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #180 on: September 17, 2017, 05:16:18 PM »

Lots of Bernie haters on here if only 8% of actual Democrats dislike him. Correct the Record anyone?
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #181 on: September 17, 2017, 08:03:22 PM »

Lots of Bernie haters on here if only 8% of actual Democrats dislike him. Correct the Record anyone?
Bernie hasn't been through a vigorous mudslinging contest. Secretary Clinton went pretty soft on him.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #182 on: September 17, 2017, 08:49:16 PM »

okay real question for the Manchin 2020 guy - what would Joe Manchin actually change? West Virginia was in deep decline when he became governor, and it was in deep decline when he left. What was actually done during his two terms as Governor?
TrumpBritt24
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #183 on: September 17, 2017, 08:52:59 PM »

How would Manchin realistically win the primaries?
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #184 on: September 17, 2017, 11:27:44 PM »

I wonder how the primaries will look when Manchin decides to make a run.

If it's a one-on-one race, probably this.

Too nice to Manchin.

Louisiana, Utah, and Wyoming could go either way.

Why would Utah even be remotely competitive?

The sort of people who are actually Democrats in Utah are about as friendly to Manchin as California Democrats.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #185 on: September 17, 2017, 11:39:18 PM »

He would not Sad.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #186 on: September 18, 2017, 11:32:11 AM »

This is the most realistic map I can think of, but this isn't going to happen.
Basically, there's a split field which leads to 4 candidates winning states, and Manchin manages to win with a plurality of the popular vote and a bare minimum majority of delegates.

Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #187 on: September 18, 2017, 08:35:09 PM »

President Joe Manchin waves to a crowd of an estimated three million supporters at his first presidential inauguration

(January 20, 2021)
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #188 on: September 19, 2017, 09:16:42 AM »

Also, have fun watching minority turnout crash if Sanders is the nominee.

Your boy Joe Manchin comes from a state that's 94% white, just like Vermont. I fail to see how he would make a difference in that field.
If he picks Cory Booker or Kamala Harris as his VP, then he could easily balance the scale.

I think there's a decent chance Sanders could pick Harris as his running mate.
I doubt she'd accept.

If she won't run on a ticket with Sanders, then she definitely won't run on one with Manchin.
Except, Manchin is much more electable than Sanders. Bernie has such a grim past, while Manchin does not. If Bernie were the nominee, the GOP would tear him to shreds, and Booker or Harris wouldn't want their careers destroyed alongside his.

Untrue, especially for a Democratic base that wants ideological distance from Trump. Manchin was the only Senate Democrat to miss the vote on repealing DADT (he also didn't vote on the Now Very Relevant DREAM Act), and his coal past will make environmentalists angry. Sanders would have his own problems, but let's not pretend that someone like Manchin would magically unite progressives and centrists. 
I forgot, Joe Manchin hung a Soviet flag in his office when he started his career as a State Delegate.

Oh wait, that was Bernie Sanders as Mayor of Burlington.

I forgot, Manchin said he would have voted against the DREAM Act if he had been in the Senate that day. That's the kind of thing that hurts you in a primary, even: "Joe Manchin isn't even principled enough to vote on his own bad stances." Every other Dem running in 2020 would salivate at the chance to paint him as a Trump apologist DINO. And it would probably work.
Is it a bad thing that he's not an ideological hack like Sanders?

Bernie Sanders could be defeated by pointing out specific actions of his past, but it take some digging. Joe Manchin is kind enough to lay it all out on-the-record.
This isn't even the tip of the iceberg

Repeating that Bernie Sanders is a flawed candidate does not suddenly make Joe Manchin a good one. If anything, it shows that you also don't have any idea how he would deflect or dispel the criticisms which would inevitably be brought against him by his primary opponents.
I'm not saying Manchin has a smooth path to the nomination in 2020, but its very possible.

No, it isn't. A center-right conservative is not winning the Democratic nomination. Those days ended in the 60s and 70s.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #189 on: September 19, 2017, 10:06:58 AM »

Also, have fun watching minority turnout crash if Sanders is the nominee.

Your boy Joe Manchin comes from a state that's 94% white, just like Vermont. I fail to see how he would make a difference in that field.
If he picks Cory Booker or Kamala Harris as his VP, then he could easily balance the scale.

I think there's a decent chance Sanders could pick Harris as his running mate.
I doubt she'd accept.

If she won't run on a ticket with Sanders, then she definitely won't run on one with Manchin.
Except, Manchin is much more electable than Sanders. Bernie has such a grim past, while Manchin does not. If Bernie were the nominee, the GOP would tear him to shreds, and Booker or Harris wouldn't want their careers destroyed alongside his.

Untrue, especially for a Democratic base that wants ideological distance from Trump. Manchin was the only Senate Democrat to miss the vote on repealing DADT (he also didn't vote on the Now Very Relevant DREAM Act), and his coal past will make environmentalists angry. Sanders would have his own problems, but let's not pretend that someone like Manchin would magically unite progressives and centrists. 
I forgot, Joe Manchin hung a Soviet flag in his office when he started his career as a State Delegate.

Oh wait, that was Bernie Sanders as Mayor of Burlington.

I forgot, Manchin said he would have voted against the DREAM Act if he had been in the Senate that day. That's the kind of thing that hurts you in a primary, even: "Joe Manchin isn't even principled enough to vote on his own bad stances." Every other Dem running in 2020 would salivate at the chance to paint him as a Trump apologist DINO. And it would probably work.
Is it a bad thing that he's not an ideological hack like Sanders?

Bernie Sanders could be defeated by pointing out specific actions of his past, but it take some digging. Joe Manchin is kind enough to lay it all out on-the-record.
This isn't even the tip of the iceberg

Repeating that Bernie Sanders is a flawed candidate does not suddenly make Joe Manchin a good one. If anything, it shows that you also don't have any idea how he would deflect or dispel the criticisms which would inevitably be brought against him by his primary opponents.
I'm not saying Manchin has a smooth path to the nomination in 2020, but its very possible.

No, it isn't. A center-right conservative is not winning the Democratic nomination. Those days ended in the 60s and 70s.

Manchin is neither center-right nor a conservative.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #190 on: September 19, 2017, 05:57:14 PM »

okay real question for the Manchin 2020 guy - what would Joe Manchin actually change? West Virginia was in deep decline when he became governor, and it was in deep decline when he left. What was actually done during his two terms as Governor?

with no answer to this, I rest my case that Manchin has been a useless person for as long as he's been a politician.
Ye We Can
Mumph

« Reply #191 on: September 20, 2017, 03:00:50 AM »

Yeah sure pal and I'm getting ready for Mark Kirk 2020
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #192 on: September 20, 2017, 10:30:17 AM »

Yeah sure pal and I'm getting ready for Mark Kirk 2020

I knew I wasn’t the only one! Smiley
Idaho Conservative
BWP Conservative
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.00, S: 6.00

« Reply #193 on: October 01, 2017, 08:23:10 PM »

Flip Montana, the Dakotas, Nebraska (Manchin would win that CD), Kansas, Kentucky, West Virginia (Trump's highest approval state), Mississippi, South Carolina, and maybe Missouri and Indiana to Trump.
Idaho Conservative
BWP Conservative
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.00, S: 6.00

« Reply #194 on: October 01, 2017, 08:39:06 PM »

We need a fiscally moderate, socially liberal globalist, who can win....the Philadelphia suburbs.

Already ran that candidate last year.
And if that canidate were run again, without email/Comey/Russia/better campaign stops, they'd win WI, MI, PA, NC, GA, AZ, FL.
No, because they wouldn't turn out the Democratic base.  That is why people like John McCain could never become president. 
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #195 on: October 03, 2017, 04:12:31 AM »

We need a fiscally moderate, socially liberal globalist, who can win....the Philadelphia suburbs.

Already ran that candidate last year.
And if that canidate were run again, without email/Comey/Russia/better campaign stops, they'd win WI, MI, PA, NC, GA, AZ, FL.
No, because they wouldn't turn out the Democratic base.  That is why people like John McCain could never become president. 

This
TheLeftwardTide
« Reply #196 on: October 03, 2017, 04:44:20 AM »

I can't believe the #neverbernie people were able to saltmine 9 pages of content out of berniecrats it makes me ashamed to be one my self
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #197 on: October 03, 2017, 09:25:35 PM »

✓ President Donald J. Trump (R-NY)/Vice President Mike Pence (R-IN): 399 EV. (55.05%)
Senator Joe Manchin (D-WY)/Governor John Hickenlooper (D-CO): 5 EV. (18.22%)
Representative Tulsi Gabbard (I-HI)/State Senator Nina Turner (I-OH): 134 EV. (26.91%)
One UK drug helpline number is 0800 77 66 00

Please don't be afraid to call, acknowledgement is the first step to get clean.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #198 on: October 03, 2017, 09:27:12 PM »

✓ President Donald J. Trump (R-NY)/Vice President Mike Pence (R-IN): 399 EV. (55.05%)
Senator Joe Manchin (D-WY)/Governor John Hickenlooper (D-CO): 5 EV. (18.22%)
Representative Tulsi Gabbard (I-HI)/State Senator Nina Turner (I-OH): 134 EV. (26.91%)
One UK drug helpline number is 0800 77 66 00

Please don't be afraid to call, acknowledgement is the first step to get clean.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #199 on: June 23, 2019, 01:59:34 PM »

He would win, and I'd endorse him, if he ran

I endorse him for Governor against Justice
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9  
« previous next »