Warren's Secretary of State
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 01:47:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Warren's Secretary of State
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: How likely is it that Cory Booker becomes the Secretary of State under Warren?
highly probable
possible
little likely
unlikely (because she chooses someone else)
unlikely (because he'll be her VP)
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Warren's Secretary of State  (Read 973 times)
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 10, 2017, 03:26:36 AM »

How likely is it that Cory Booker becomes the Secretary of State under Warren?
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 03:31:47 AM »

I don't think it's very likely, he doesn't have the necessary skills and it's not like he has some devout following that she'll need after being elected. In my opinion, Russ Feingold would be a great option for her.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 03:39:43 AM »

I don't think it's very likely, he doesn't have the necessary skills and it's not like he has some devout following that she'll need after being elected. In my opinion, Russ Feingold would be a great option for her.

I'm personally convinced that Warren would choose Bullock as her running mate. That would raise the voter participation among white men, but African Americans could not be bothered to go attend the voting booths, especially if Booker will have been one of her biggest opponents in the primaries. There's a reason why Obama chose Clinton as his Secretary of State (which she now bitterly regrets in hindsight.)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 04:24:57 AM »

I'm personally convinced that Warren would choose Bullock as her running mate. That would raise the voter participation among white men, but African Americans could not be bothered to go attend the voting booths, especially if Booker will have been one of her biggest opponents in the primaries. There's a reason why Obama chose Clinton as his Secretary of State (which she now bitterly regrets in hindsight.)

He most likelt does too.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 09:30:02 AM »

Samantha Powers, Susan Rice, Anne Marie-Slaughter, James Rubin, or Jonathan Finer are all far more likely.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 10:23:08 AM »

No. Why would she do that?

I could see him as her running mate though, unless he's toxic to the left.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2017, 10:31:59 AM »

Sure, Obama picked his primary rival Hillary Clinton as SoS, but she actually seemed to care about foreign policy.  Booker doesn't.  Yes, he sits on the Foreign Relations Committee, but it seems like he's just going through the motions, because sitting on either the Foreign Relations Committee or Armed Services Committee is something that you do before you run for president.  Same applies to most of the other 2020ers, like Warren and Gillibrand.  Foreign policy doesn't seem to be much of a priority for them, yet they've got to sit on the right committees in order to get "national security experience" before their presidential runs.

I guess the one 2020er in the Senate who does seem to care about foreign policy is Chris Murphy, so if Warren (or any other potential Dem. nominee) really wants to pick a Secretary of State who ran in the primaries, he's an option.

Tulsi Gabbard also cares about foreign policy, but I'm guessing that she won't make the list.  Tongue
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2017, 03:57:29 PM »

Unlikely because warren will never be chief president
Possiblymaybe
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2017, 04:12:09 PM »

Sure, Obama picked his primary rival Hillary Clinton as SoS, but she actually seemed to care about foreign policy.  Booker doesn't.  Yes, he sits on the Foreign Relations Committee, but it seems like he's just going through the motions, because sitting on either the Foreign Relations Committee or Armed Services Committee is something that you do before you run for president.  Same applies to most of the other 2020ers, like Warren and Gillibrand.  Foreign policy doesn't seem to be much of a priority for them, yet they've got to sit on the right committees in order to get "national security experience" before their presidential runs.

I guess the one 2020er in the Senate who does seem to care about foreign policy is Chris Murphy, so if Warren (or any other potential Dem. nominee) really wants to pick a Secretary of State who ran in the primaries, he's an option.

Tulsi Gabbard also cares about foreign policy, but I'm guessing that she won't make the list.  Tongue

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies