Bannon and Mercer planning to fund GOP primary challenges
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:35:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Bannon and Mercer planning to fund GOP primary challenges
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bannon and Mercer planning to fund GOP primary challenges  (Read 1092 times)
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 10, 2017, 04:29:08 PM »

What It Says On The Tin
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 04:41:41 PM »
« Edited: September 10, 2017, 04:47:36 PM by Blair »

The mooch really was right about Bannon.

Besides the article is pretty vague and once again just seems to be Bannon trying to hype himself up as a the leader of some sort of counter revolution; all he's actually achieved is help Judge Moore (who was bound to do well, and win regardless) and steer $300,000 to Kelli Ward's SUPER-PAC rather than recruit a decent challenger against Flake.

It's all rather pointless when you realize that Trumps internal opponents don't have a shared ideology; and thus any attempt to primary them en masse will fail.
McGovernForPrez

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 04:59:07 PM »

Thank you Bannon for assisting in a Democratic wave!!!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 08:00:55 PM »

Bannon is that type of guy who thinks he has way more power than he actually has

i mean the media think he's some devious mind games chess player just because he reads racist fan fiction books and also just because he reads (as if that's something that's uncommon).

he's a joke. not that jokes can't be threatening, because believe me, in todays world, jokes are the most threatening individuals around.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 09:34:02 PM »

Bannon is that type of guy who thinks he has way more power than he actually has

i mean the media think he's some devious mind games chess player just because he reads racist fan fiction books and also just because he reads (as if that's something that's uncommon).

he's a joke. not that jokes can't be threatening, because believe me, in todays world, jokes are the most threatening individuals around.

Yup.

He is a lightweight.

For all of his bluster and talk, Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell stole his lunch. Trump has essentially ditched the populist polices and has been selling standard GOP policy incentives for the last 8 months.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 12:12:06 AM »

Remember that allegedly the source of Bannon's anger is that his father thought it was a good idea to invest all of his retirement savings in AT&T stock and proceed to sell all of it at the bottom of the market in 2009. And Bannon, despite being a Goldman Sachs investment banker, didn't seem to do a whole lot to stop him from doing that.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2017, 02:29:09 AM »

Yup.

He is a lightweight.

For all of his bluster and talk, Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell stole his lunch. Trump has essentially ditched the populist polices and has been selling standard GOP policy incentives for the last 8 months.

Even if he's a lightweight, with Mercer's backing he's a lightweight with oodles of money. Which will make heavyweights spend oodles of money against him. Which will be great.
UncleSam

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2017, 12:08:54 PM »

It just looks to me like Bannon is tripling-down on the base showing up for candidates they like.

Bannon probably doesn't care about the majority and seems to loathe ancient turtles so I think this is absolutely in character for him. I would caution not to underestimate him, however - Bannon is a messaging genius and by all indications if the Republican base turns out Republicans will win the midterms.

Dems need to get out in front of these candidates and in particular cannot rely on Republican infighting. While the turtle and co. from the establishment are flinging mud at the base candidates you need to work on name rec and creating a solid platform for voters well in advance. Basically, take the mantle of the adult in the room while the GOP base and party bicker with each other over petty politics.

Then just re-run ads from the primaries by third parties and air positive messaging and ideas. That way you split the establishment and base voters and can hopefully blunt turnout in many red districts / states.

If the mantra is 'Bannon is crazy and THE WORST' and republicans are racist omg!' Then I think Dems will find themselves stunned one again at how efficiently Republican voters turn out for midterm elections.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2017, 12:14:30 PM »
« Edited: September 11, 2017, 12:16:05 PM by Santander »

Good. Time to fight.

Paul Nehlen for Congress!
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2017, 03:14:27 PM »

Good. Time to fight.

Paul Nehlen for Congress!
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2017, 03:18:36 PM »

I want them to just fund a challenge against Ryan, just to see the look on that Rat's face when he loses the primary.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies