Attempted lynching of biracial child in New Hampshire?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:13:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Attempted lynching of biracial child in New Hampshire?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Attempted lynching of biracial child in New Hampshire?  (Read 2692 times)
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2017, 08:54:13 PM »

One of the most stupid/ignorant things I have ever heard
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2017, 08:55:46 PM »

So, how does one hear forum posts?
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2017, 08:57:18 PM »

Real intelligent reply my man.. So, how does one come up with such stupidity?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2017, 08:58:13 PM »

It's snark more than it is intelligence, per se. I don't know. You tell me? Smiley
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2017, 08:59:05 PM »

It's snark more than it is intelligence, per se. I don't know. You tell me? Smiley

If I knew, I wouldn't have to ask. Would I? Wink
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2017, 09:00:16 PM »

Plenty of rhetorical questions to be seen in Atlas.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2017, 09:06:37 PM »

Plenty of rhetorical questions to be seen in Atlas.

Indeed Tongue
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2017, 04:41:59 AM »

Why was an 8-year old playing with unrelated 14-year olds?

Definitely the no. 1 takeaway from this for rational people. "Don't let your kids play with the big kids or they might get lynched". Thanks for the quality post, bro.

No, but there is a huge difference between an 8-year old and a 14-year old. Letting young children play unsupervised with much older, bigger teenagers who are not family members is dangerous, not because they might get lynched, but because they could be physically or emotionally abused in other ways by the older children, or participate in activities unsuitable for their age.

"That woman had it coming, wearing those low-cut blouses and high heels like a tramp. Is anyone surprised that she got raped?"

Thank you.

Even if this young boy chose to "play" with 14 year olds (probably more they saw him and did the fake nice to get him to come over and then harass thing, "we're just playin', bro, why are you so mad?"), that doesn't excuse the teens for, you know, trying to kill a child.

I just wish our justice system didn't suck so bad. These kids need to face justice, but rotting in juvie or jail isn't justice. They need to do community work, get counseling, and be away from the influences that encouraged them to thin this behavior might be acceptable.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2017, 08:22:14 AM »

Definitely the no. 1 takeaway from this for rational people. "Don't let your kids play with the big kids or they might get lynched". Thanks for the quality post, bro.

No, but there is a huge difference between an 8-year old and a 14-year old. Letting young children play unsupervised with much older, bigger teenagers who are not family members is dangerous, not because they might get lynched, but because they could be physically or emotionally abused in other ways by the older children, or participate in activities unsuitable for their age.

Finally you said something right.

Maybe when I was fourteen years old I could be trusted with an eight-year-old child, but I at least was brought up with some principles and some fear that if I did something wrong I would face severe consequences.

The typical fourteen-year-old has the intellectual and moral development of an adult with an IQ of 70 -- someone borderline-retarded. It is well worth remembering that the oldest moral codes are made for children and morons to accept at face value and for above-average adults to judge and interpret.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2017, 09:03:12 AM »

Yeah these teens weren't racist until January 20, 2017.  Roll Eyes 

...that isn't the claim. Roll Eyes

It seems to be Jedi's claim.......of course he's best ignored, which reminds me.........

I didn't know you had turned into one of the sensitive snowflakes who need to put people on ignore. Tongue

"Yeah, these Germans weren't Nazis until January 30th 1933" is a pretty nonsensical statement to make.

Neh he's not on iggie, I just ignore them as often as I can, until he jumps off the deep end, which is all too often.  YOu on the other hand..........  Wink
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2017, 09:15:43 AM »

"That woman had it coming, wearing those low-cut blouses and high heels like a tramp. Is anyone surprised that she got raped?"

Thank you.

Even if this young boy chose to "play" with 14 year olds (probably more they saw him and did the fake nice to get him to come over and then harass thing, "we're just playin', bro, why are you so mad?"), that doesn't excuse the teens for, you know, trying to kill a child.

I just wish our justice system didn't suck so bad. These kids need to face justice, but rotting in juvie or jail isn't justice. They need to do community work, get counseling, and be away from the influences that encouraged them to thin this behavior might be acceptable.

Um... that's not at all what I said.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2017, 03:21:47 PM »

When I was a kid, 14 year old babysitting eight year olds was normal, whereas lynching was a thing of the past. Sad to see it reversed now. Trump's America.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2017, 03:23:15 PM »

When I was a kid, 14 year old babysitting eight year olds was normal, whereas lynching was a thing of the past. Sad to see it reversed now. Trump's America.

One isolated incident of a horrific crime does not mean lynching is "back".
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2017, 03:44:32 PM »

These kids views were entrenched long before Donald Trump came along.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies