President Pence vs. Bernie Sanders
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:39:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  President Pence vs. Bernie Sanders
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: President Pence vs. Bernie Sanders  (Read 2242 times)
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2017, 08:51:38 PM »

No idea who wins Iowa
But bernie obviously wins the most popular politician in the country vs the vp of the least popular politician in the country

Bernie isn't as popular as he seems...

wth bro

But yeah you're right.  if I had to predict, takes Romney 2012 + NV + FL + IA + OH + WI(?) to win
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2017, 10:11:16 PM »

Minnesota, Colorado, and New Jersey would not be a tossup in this scenario.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2017, 10:46:36 PM »

No idea who wins Iowa
But bernie obviously wins the most popular politician in the country vs the vp of the least popular politician in the country

Especially when the American public becomes privy to him attending an anti-American rally where cries of "death to Yankees" were heard far and wide. Bolshevik Bernie will get shellacked.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2017, 10:55:13 PM »

Agreed. Pence carries all of these states by 5+ points against Breadlines Bernie.

It's already an enormous stretch to say Sanders would do that much worse than Clinton in two states he beat her in, but losing New Jersey by 5%? Come on.
McGovernForPrez

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2017, 11:06:47 PM »

Agreed. Pence carries all of these states by 5+ points against Breadlines Bernie.

It's already an enormous stretch to say Sanders would do that much worse than Clinton in two states he beat her in, but losing New Jersey by 5%? Come on.
He's just trolling Bernie bros. It doesn't even deserve a response. I wish he went back to just being a normal intelligent poster though.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2017, 11:16:11 PM »

Fixed your map btw

McGovernForPrez

« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2017, 11:42:27 PM »

He's just trolling Bernie bros. It doesn't even deserve a response. I wish he went back to just being a normal intelligent poster though.

Only BernieBros think that opposing Bernie is solely trolling. The anti-Bernie Left is very real and very strong. We won't be silenced as we watch our Party crumble.
I mean some of the stuff you're saying is just intentionally inflammatory. Making every single Bernie thread into a Bernie vs establishment thread is just exhausting.
GGover
BBovine
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.06, S: 2.09

« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2017, 03:29:02 AM »

No idea who wins Iowa

umm ok...
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2017, 07:54:52 AM »

No idea who wins Iowa

umm ok...
Look, if the email scandal could bring down Secretary Clinton, imagine how badly Sanders' scandals and actions would come back to haunt him.
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2017, 08:39:33 AM »

No idea who wins Iowa

umm ok...
Look, if the email scandal could bring down Secretary Clinton, imagine how badly Sanders' scandals and actions would come back to haunt him.
Like what? Burlington College scandal is a nothing sandwich
Kyle Rittenhouse is a Political Prisoner
Jalawest2

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2017, 08:48:35 AM »

No idea who wins Iowa

umm ok...
The part where his wife committed loan fraud and is under FBI investigation?
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2017, 09:10:05 AM »

No idea who wins Iowa

umm ok...
Fake news
http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/06/22/bernie-sanders-jane-sanders-lawyer-bank-fraud-investigation-burlington-college-215297
https://truthagainstthemachine.com/bogus-sanders-fbi-investigation/
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2017, 11:37:45 PM »

Stop with these arguments from ESS smh nobody brought these up in the primaries the people don't care about bernies sense of humor in his 30's they care about their jobs and health care
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2017, 11:54:09 PM »

Clinton didn't lose solely due to the email server.... It's because she was perceived as establishment (although her scandals - some real and some fake - helped that perception) in an anti-establishment electorate. I'd say you're thinking it's 1995 still but since I know you're trolling, I won't.

Now on the substance, I think Pence could whip Bernie's ass in the debates and in a good climate for national Republicans, would probably win narrowly. But if the crisis hits, Bernie (or a similar Regan/FDR-esque figure) wins easily.
Jalawest2

« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2017, 05:10:21 PM »

No idea who wins Iowa

umm ok...
Fake news
http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/06/22/bernie-sanders-jane-sanders-lawyer-bank-fraud-investigation-burlington-college-215297
https://truthagainstthemachine.com/bogus-sanders-fbi-investigation/
You have an actual news source which doesn't support your case and then a nutcase conspiracy paper. Great job.
Jalawest2

« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2017, 05:11:15 PM »

Stop with these arguments from ESS smh nobody brought these up in the primaries the people don't care about bernies sense of humor in his 30's they care about their jobs and health care
Wow. You've obviously vanquished him with your elonquence.
Jalawest2

« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2017, 05:26:21 PM »

A landslide, or as close as we can get in our current system.
Pence wins Non-college educated whites 65-33, college educated whites 60-38, and hispanics 51-47. He loses blacks 85-13, and Asians 68-30. Non-college educated white turnout drops to 54%, College educated to 75%, Black to 45%, Hispanic to 42%, and Asian to 47%. Pence wins 55-43 with 394 electoral votes.

Tied PV map

Tipping point map
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2017, 08:31:38 PM »

Clinton didn't lose solely due to the email server.... It's because she was perceived as establishment (although her scandals - some real and some fake - helped that perception) in an anti-establishment electorate. I'd say you're thinking it's 1995 still but since I know you're trolling, I won't.

Now on the substance, I think Pence could whip Bernie's ass in the debates and in a good climate for national Republicans, would probably win narrowly. But if the crisis hits, Bernie (or a similar Regan/FDR-esque figure) wins easily.

Excuse me? The anti establishment Sanders lost by 3.5 million to Clinton and anti establishment Trump lost by 2.8 million to Clinton AND fell short of almost every single GOP Swing state senator AND the House GOP won the popular vote.

"Muh anti-establishment" narrative doesn't work when establishment republicans in swing states and in the House outperform Trump significantly and when Bernie lost the primaries decisively. Seriously why did all of these establishment republicans get respected AND outperformed Trump in the swing states?

Your tone makes it so obvious you are trolling but since other posters seem to have the view you're pretending to have I'll tear this apart. Clinton's PV is irrelevant. We do not elect presidents based on the popular vote, we elect them based on the electoral college. Given that Bernie got 47% of pledged delegates when he started out polling at 3%, and an orange clown buffoon won the GOP primaries, it was obviously an anti-establishment election. The only swing state senator to grossly overpreform was Rob Portman and that's because Strickland imploded and in most cases, the third party vote split towards the GOP.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2017, 12:42:37 PM »
« Edited: September 16, 2017, 12:46:22 PM by Blue Dog Moderate »

Excuse me? The anti establishment Sanders lost by 3.5 million to Clinton and anti establishment Trump lost by 2.8 million to Clinton AND fell short of almost every single GOP Swing state senator AND the House GOP won the popular vote.

"Muh anti-establishment" narrative doesn't work when establishment republicans in swing states and in the House outperform Trump significantly and when Bernie lost the primaries decisively. Seriously why did all of these establishment republicans get respected AND outperformed Trump in the swing states?

Your tone makes it so obvious you are trolling but since other posters seem to have the view you're pretending to have I'll tear this apart. Clinton's PV is irrelevant. We do not elect presidents based on the popular vote, we elect them based on the electoral college. Given that Bernie got 47% of pledged delegates when he started out polling at 3%, and an orange clown buffoon won the GOP primaries, it was obviously an anti-establishment election. The only swing state senator to grossly overpreform was Rob Portman and that's because Strickland imploded and in most cases, the third party vote split towards the GOP.
If this election was completely anti-establishment, then why did Bernie lose the Democratic primaries to Secretary Clinton? And it certainly wasn't narrow, he lost by millions of votes and nearly a thousand delegates. The Republicans were fed up with the establishment (Tea Party has been pushing that for 6 years), while most Democrats were quite content with the way things were going and threw their support behind Clinton in droves.  
Medal506
United States

« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2017, 12:53:52 PM »

Bernie is a lot more popular with Republicans than Pence is with Democrats. And most centrists generally like Democrats more than Republicans.

Republicans will never vote for a communist clown like Bernie Sanders in a general election
Jalawest2

« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2017, 01:50:46 PM »

He got 45.5%, off of 42% of the vote (owing to caucuses).
The Undefeatable Debbie Stabenow
slightlyburnttoast
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -5.43

P P
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2017, 08:19:25 PM »

No idea who wins Iowa

This would be my map as well.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies