AZ-Sen: Flake trailing by 27
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:35:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  AZ-Sen: Flake trailing by 27
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AZ-Sen: Flake trailing by 27  (Read 888 times)
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 13, 2017, 10:47:34 AM »

And losing to Sinema. Ouch.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s74bn6kp9mg5bwi/AZ%20Poll%20Memo%20091217.pdf?dl=0
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 10:51:18 AM »

Sinema 47%
Flake 40%

I wonder how long Sinema will be able to slide by as the GOP gets set to go to war.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 10:57:17 AM »

Sinema 47%
Flake 40%

I wonder how long Sinema will be able to slide by as the GOP gets set to go to war.

Well, they'll more than likely be going to war amongst themselves as the DSCC and Sinema take advantage of a non-seriously constested Democratic primary to introduce her statewide. This is obviously the DSCC signalling their support of Sinema, too.

I'm surprised no one's done a Krazen yet with a "great poll!"

It's best not to validate that sociopath's posting style
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 10:58:50 AM »

Sinema 47%
Flake 40%

Well, they'll more than likely be going to war amongst themselves as the DSCC and Sinema take advantage of a non-seriously constested Democratic primary to introduce her statewide. This is obviously the DSCC signalling their support of Sinema, too.

He's not a sociopath, just a gigantic weirdo
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 11:00:52 AM »

Great Poll!

(Chemtrail Kelli cannot be elected Senator, GO SINEMA)
Webnicz
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 11:42:20 AM »
« Edited: September 13, 2017, 12:07:46 PM by Webnicz »

Sinema 47%
Flake 40%

Siname is from the PHX Metro area(originally from Tucson but the bulk of her time is up here) aka 60% of the state, so in terms of statewide population she is pretty well known and respected, Her ads with Vets do the trick it seems.

She is in a better position than Kirkpatrick, who was not known in the PHX metro area and only known in her rural district. Allowing Mccain to define her to Maricopa county before she could, hence why she only won 39% of Maricopa county but because she did better in rural AZ(especially Navajo county compared to Clinton) which boosted her statewide performance by one percent

Sinema Already having a good decent reputation in Maricopa is a huge plus.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 11:45:43 AM »

Sinema 47%
Flake 40%

He's not a sociopath, just a gigantic weirdo

I know he's not, but he's fun to attack
Webnicz
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2017, 11:52:55 AM »
« Edited: September 13, 2017, 11:59:01 AM by Webnicz »

It's very possible McCain is responsible for Flakes problems within his party. Many feel betrayed by him but voted for him in '16 so they do not want to make the same mistakes for someone who in their eyes could become more of a traitor, so they want Ward now. Kinda like how many Clinton voters now want the Clintons to go away.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I've been saying for months that Independents are not going to warm up to Flake just because he wrote a book to make him look like a maverick. I have never met one person here in Arizona, including my dearest home of the east valley where many are conservative/ independent, that likes Jeff flake. He's got the personality of an onion.

So Flake wouldn't be favored to win in a General as many previously believed. He trailed Romney which is well...yikes

Flake continues to look more vulnerable than Heller by the week.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2017, 11:54:02 AM »

Should be noted this is a Democratic internal, but still not a good look for Flake.
Webnicz
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2017, 12:02:59 PM »
« Edited: September 13, 2017, 12:06:14 PM by Webnicz »

Should be noted this is a Democratic internal, but still not a good look for Flake.

The Only democratic internal that showed Kirky up on McCain in '16 wasn't released until June of election year and it was only by two points, this is the second and its only September of the off year.

Though Sinema's better reputation in the metro compared to Kirky's is likely why

Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2017, 12:17:08 PM »

They polled Flake v. Ward and Flake v. Sinema but not Ward v. Sinema? In a poll where Ward performs so well, I want to know what she would have done in the general. That's kinda weird. I get why, but it's pretty unprofessional.
Webnicz
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2017, 12:28:07 PM »

They polled Flake v. Ward and Flake v. Sinema but not Ward v. Sinema? In a poll where Ward performs so well, I want to know what she would have done in the general. That's kinda weird. I get why, but it's pretty unprofessional.

Maybe cuz they WANT to face Ward. Ward probably polls a little better than Flake rn, but that would be misleading since most of the state doesn't know how nuts she is.

The McCain attack ads on ward played every commercial break last summer. Especially on networks like Fox News and the local news channels. Which makes it so much worse, they know who she is but are backing her.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2017, 08:30:36 PM »

Maybe cuz they WANT to face Ward. Ward probably polls a little better than Flake rn, but that would be misleading since most of the state doesn't know how nuts she is.

Honestly, Ward probably polls worse than Flake against Simena, given how big a hatchet job McCain did against her in 2016. The only way she can make either seat competitive is if McCain dies/resigns and she is appointed to that seat, and even then she'd likely lose.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2017, 09:09:55 PM »

Great Poll!

(Chemtrail Kelli cannot be elected Senator, GO SINEMA)

Welcome to the wagon train, pardner!
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2017, 11:06:11 PM »

If polls look this bad for Flake next spring (still an if), then I'll definitely be moving this to Toss-Up.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2017, 11:17:58 PM »

Senator-elect Sinema!
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2017, 11:52:40 PM »

You are the democratic version of Krazen.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies