Where's The 2020 Love For Tim Kaine?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:21:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Where's The 2020 Love For Tim Kaine?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Where's The 2020 Love For Tim Kaine?  (Read 1214 times)
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2017, 03:31:39 AM »

Tim Kaine is a blessing. He was on the ticket that defeated the populist demagogue in Trump by millions of votes last year.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2017, 04:05:03 AM »

Tim Kaine is a blessing. He was on the ticket that defeated the populist demagogue in Trump by millions of votes last year.

Yet, Trump's the President and Pence is the Vice President.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2017, 04:30:49 AM »

I like Tim Kaine. He is a good man and he certainly has the credentials to be president. If he ran for the nomination I would consider him, if he won the nomination I would not mind and would be on the "Kaine Train" pretty quick.

My question Fuzzy is with your theory that if the Democrats win it will be with some "insider" candidate. When has this ever been a successful strategy? The more populist candidate has always won. The candidate tarred as more establishment, out-of-touch of the "common man" has always lost. Hillary ran on her qualifications and experience and always fell flat, because running of these things is boring. Boring candidates get less excitement, and less free coverage. I can't remember the last time this wasn't the case. 1988? Michael Dukakis was so stiff, with riding the tank and the stilted answer about Kitty being raped and murdered, it looked even more out of touch than George Bush. 1896? You would have to go back that far, but the Republicans really won that election more due to the Panic of 1893 than anything else, plus a Silver Democrat (Bryan) had never been victorious in a national election, whereas Trump already has been victorious.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2017, 04:36:06 AM »

In his debate performance he came off as smarmy - which is bad. He has a smile that looks predatory, whether he intends it or not, and it combined with his trying to pin down Pence over Trump's statements for some effect. Pence meanwhile, went completely rogue and started acting like he was running on a Russia hawk ticket and it was 1984 all over again, but no one noticed, because he was making solid points. Pence just sat there like an autistic rock and managed to look statesmanlike.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2017, 10:52:52 AM »

No! He's a decent guy, but man, his personality is flatter than the 35 year old bottle of coke my dad has kept commemorating the opening of mud island.

agreed, but mud island?

It's a small tourist peninsula (not actually an island) in downtown Memphis on the Mississippi river with parks, restaurants, shops, a few residential areas, a museum, an amphitheater, and a to scale replica of the Mississippi river on it. Just kinda a cool spot that opened in 1982, and coca cola made special bottles for the opening like this:

publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2017, 11:29:40 AM »

Also the man has the voice and face of Clint Howard.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies