Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2017, 06:15:36 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Election 2016 predictions are now open!.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  General Politics
| |-+  Individual Politics (Moderators: Alcon, Torie, AndrewTX)
| | |-+  What Party would Robert Casey Sr. be part of today?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Poll
Question: If Robert P. Casey, who was staunchly pro-life were around today, which party would he be a part of?                
Democratic
Republican
Show Pie Chart

Author Topic: What Party would Robert Casey Sr. be part of today?  (Read 193 times)
bruhgmger2
YaBB God

View Profile
« on: September 13, 2017, 03:32:08 pm »
Ignore

It might seem like a weird question to ask, but the political coalitions have changed quite a lot since Casey passed away in 2000. I personally think he would be a Republican, I just can't see someone as staunchly opposed to Abortion as Casey was still being a Democrat.

The Winds of Change: The Presidency of Eugene McCarthy: http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=270411.msg5777182
SunriseAroundTheWorld
YaBB God
Israel

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 04:09:15 pm »
Ignore

Democrat if for no other reason but to help his son out.

"While we may be of different faiths, we have a strong sense of faith, family, community. We hold the values of freedom and human rights very high and I think that those are all a part of a very strong quilt that binds us together." - Bob Menendez (D-NJ)

ERM64man
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 04:51:21 pm »
Ignore

He would still be a communitarian Democrat.

Senate endorsements:
AZ: Jeff Flake
CA: Dianne Feinstein
FL: Bill Nelson

ME: Angus King
MI: Bob Young
MT: Jon Tester
NV: Dean Heller
TN: Bob Corker

WV: Joe Manchin
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.61, S: -7.48

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 04:54:41 pm »
Ignore

Probably Democrat. He may of been a conservative on Abortion and other civil issues however that would not necessary make him a Republican. From what i can find i think he could just quite as well be a Social Moderate-Conservative and Fiscal Liberal-Moderate Democrat and could find a home with similar democrats like the Blue Dogs.
Here is from Wikipedia below on his Fiscal Policy in Pennsylvania. Dont think it is quite what a republican would do:

"Casey brought what he called an "activist government" to Pennsylvania, expanding health care services for women, introducing reforms to the state's welfare system, and introducing an insurance program for uninsured children (which became a model for the successful SCHIP program later adopted nationwide). House Bill 20, entitled the Children's Health Insurance Act, created the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) in Pennsylvania. According to PA's CHIP website, "Pennsylvania's CHIP program would later be used as the model for the federal government's SCHIP program. Legislation for the federal CHIP program was signed into law August 5, 1997 by former President Bill Clinton." ".

Here - http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=18844.1250

2020 Democratic Primary - Sherrod Brown, Tulsi Gabbard, Steve Bullock

TL: Strong as a Bull Moose! - A Alternate 1912 Election and Beyond
http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=270726.0

Senator Scott, PPT
Ascott
YaBB God
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.40

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 05:04:52 pm »
Ignore

Democrat.  And he didn't like Clinton, so it would be interesting to see who he would have supported in 2016.

DC Al Fine
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 04:37:57 am »
Ignore

Assuming he's not willing to compromise on abortion or economics...

Either a Democrat with a failed political career or an independent who never runs.
Cath
Cathcon
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2017, 07:36:59 am »
Ignore

Casey was, I believe, asked multiple times to defect, and refused. I imagine it would be much the same today.

America.
RINO Tom
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -4.70

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2017, 10:08:01 am »
Ignore

Casey was, I believe, asked multiple times to defect, and refused. I imagine it would be much the same today.

I think people really overrate how often people change parties.  If you weren't deathly afraid of your own re-election and survival as a member of the Democratic Party going forward, there is no reason to switch.  Ideology isn't even the main factor, you picked a "team."

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

- Abraham Lincoln, 16th President
TexArkana

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2017, 03:59:32 pm »
Ignore

Even though he was staunchly pro-life, his other positions are still within the mainstream of the modern Democratic party, so he'd most definitely be a Democrat.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout