What Party would Robert Casey Sr. be part of today?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:59:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  What Party would Robert Casey Sr. be part of today?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: If Robert P. Casey, who was staunchly pro-life were around today, which party would he be a part of?                
Democratic
Republican
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: What Party would Robert Casey Sr. be part of today?  (Read 894 times)
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 13, 2017, 03:32:08 PM »

It might seem like a weird question to ask, but the political coalitions have changed quite a lot since Casey passed away in 2000. I personally think he would be a Republican, I just can't see someone as staunchly opposed to Abortion as Casey was still being a Democrat.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 04:09:15 PM »

Democrat if for no other reason but to help his son out.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 04:51:21 PM »

He would still be a communitarian Democrat.
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: -5.30

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 04:54:41 PM »

Probably Democrat. He may of been a conservative on Abortion and other civil issues however that would not necessary make him a Republican. From what i can find i think he could just quite as well be a Social Moderate-Conservative and Fiscal Liberal-Moderate Democrat and could find a home with similar democrats like the Blue Dogs.
Here is from Wikipedia below on his Fiscal Policy in Pennsylvania. Dont think it is quite what a republican would do:

"Casey brought what he called an "activist government" to Pennsylvania, expanding health care services for women, introducing reforms to the state's welfare system, and introducing an insurance program for uninsured children (which became a model for the successful SCHIP program later adopted nationwide). House Bill 20, entitled the Children's Health Insurance Act, created the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) in Pennsylvania. According to PA's CHIP website, "Pennsylvania's CHIP program would later be used as the model for the federal government's SCHIP program. Legislation for the federal CHIP program was signed into law August 5, 1997 by former President Bill Clinton." ".
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 05:04:52 PM »

Democrat.  And he didn't like Clinton, so it would be interesting to see who he would have supported in 2016.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 04:37:57 AM »

Assuming he's not willing to compromise on abortion or economics...

Either a Democrat with a failed political career or an independent who never runs.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2017, 07:36:59 AM »

Casey was, I believe, asked multiple times to defect, and refused. I imagine it would be much the same today.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2017, 10:08:01 AM »

Casey was, I believe, asked multiple times to defect, and refused. I imagine it would be much the same today.

I think people really overrate how often people change parties.  If you weren't deathly afraid of your own re-election and survival as a member of the Democratic Party going forward, there is no reason to switch.  Ideology isn't even the main factor, you picked a "team."
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2017, 03:59:32 PM »

Even though he was staunchly pro-life, his other positions are still within the mainstream of the modern Democratic party, so he'd most definitely be a Democrat.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies