Where would President Hillary Clinton's Approval Rating be right now? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:37:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Where would President Hillary Clinton's Approval Rating be right now? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Where would President Hillary Clinton's Approval Rating be right now?  (Read 1148 times)
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

« on: September 14, 2017, 07:52:03 AM »

Right now she would be doing pretty well. I'll say around 50%.

What I think people are forgotting that if Hillary wins, what does the GOP do? This would not be like in 2012 where they did a bit of soul searching, concluded that would have to appeal more to latinos and then proceed to act as if nothing happened.

This would be far more serious. They would have JUST handed over the title of party standardbearer to Donald f**king Trump. The guy they knew couldn't win and didn't win. This time around they would have to do some serious soul searching and the entire GOP establishment would be highly motivated to ensure that something like that would NEVER happen again. This is not just the presidency on the line, it is also their seats and the survival of the entire party.

People tend to forget how small differences like that (after all Hillary did win the popular vote comprehensively) can completely change the narrative.

After a Clinton win, the GOP would be licking their wounds. Would probably quickly confirm Garland, to avoid a more liberal candidate. I'm not suggesting that they would go easy on Clinton, but going hard against her would not be their first priority like it was with Obama. Cleaning up in their own ranks would.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies