Is Bernie derangement syndrome a thing on this forum?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:36:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Is Bernie derangement syndrome a thing on this forum?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: -skip-
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 58

Author Topic: Is Bernie derangement syndrome a thing on this forum?  (Read 2664 times)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 13, 2017, 11:16:37 PM »

We know Hillary derangement syndrome is a thing, as is Trump derangement syndrome, but what about Bernie derangement syndrome?

I'm aware that Sanders isn't everyone's cup of tea, and some people are strongly opposed to his policies. It seems, however, that several users (mostly Democrats, actually) take their hatred of Sanders to jfern level extremes. Do some people go a little too far?

And before anyone brings up posters who bash Hillary regularly... I know, "both sides do it." That's not what this thread is asking.

(Please don't make me regret creating this thread)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 11:21:00 PM »

I would say so.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 11:29:31 PM »

Bernie Sanders is a simply evil man who scammed a bunch of sexist kids out of money in an unwinnable race. There is nothing to be deranged about when he is a totally unserious and unstable politician. No one with any standing in society legitimately believes he is the future of anything, and that is exactly how he ought to be treated.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 11:34:01 PM »

Bernie Sanders is a simply evil man who scammed a bunch of sexist kids out of money in an unwinnable race. There is nothing to be deranged about when he is a totally unserious and unstable politician. No one with any standing in society legitimately believes he is the future of anything, and that is exactly how he ought to be treated.

You're a master of projection, pal.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 11:41:38 PM »

Absolutely.

The worst are the people who talk about how they wouldn't vote for him in 2020 as the nominee to "show the Bernie Bros what it's like" which aside from being too childish for words ignores that >90% of Sanders supporters did vote for Hillary in November.
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 01:09:23 PM »

Folks like Blue Dog Moderate, RFKFan68, PittsburgSteel, Jalawest, Liberalrocks, The Saint, VT Dems against Sanders, EdgeofNight, and myself are the counterbalance to the BernieBro cult that's infested the Internet.

The vast majority of us are proud Democrats and we are not going away. We will stay Democrats and we shall win this battle and then the war.

What is the battle, and what is the war?

I'm serious.  I'm not being snarky. 
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: -5.30

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2017, 01:28:09 PM »

Most definitely and doesn't take long to look for/find.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2017, 01:38:35 PM »

Bernie injected into the Democratic debate New Deal themes that the Democrats have shied away from, and that is good.  Bernie is an unabashed New Dealer; he spoke of taking care of the folks in ways that there not being taken care of (healthcare, huge college loans) that are relevant concerns.  Bernie used modern social media to reach folks and make himself a national figure, and folks responded favorably.  As well they should have; healthcare and higher education represent access to the middle class.  And he repeatedly hammered away on the issue of income inequality to where it's now in the national consciousness.  Bernie also illuminated the fact that liberal Democrats have been complicit in at least some of the forces that have resulted in income inequality.

That being said, Bernie isn't even a Democrat.  At one level, Zell Miller is more of a Democrat than Bernie at the level of commitment to the party; despite his apostasy, Zell Miller has done more in his lifetime to elect Democratic officials than has Bernie.  People say this doesn't matter, but there is (and ought to be) resistance on the part of a political party in nominating for its standard bearer a candidate who won't even say, "I'm a Democrat!" and identify himself as (D-Vermont).  Yes, he's a member of the Democratic Caucus in the Senate; that's a live-in boyfriend, maybe an eternal "fiance" or a long-term paramour, but it's not a spouse, and it's not a person who's been committed to the party.  

Hillary Clinton, much as I loathe her, is at least married to the Democratic Party; she has labored for other Democrats over the years, including some that haven't been overly grateful.  If the fix was in on the part of DWS and the DNC, they were not wrong in being concerned that someone who wasn't really a Democrat was the leading rival to the frontrunner for the Democratic nomination.  If things go south, a spouse is less likely to publicly air dirty laundry than a mere boyfriend or girlfriend, because they are more vested in the relationship.  And if you think being vested in a relationship to your party isn't important, I give you Governor Jim Justice (D-West Virginia) (R-West Virginia).

The Bernie Bros don't get it at certain levels.  Presidential Politics is PARTY Politics, and their man is a member of the Liberty Union Party or Green Mountain Party, or whatever.  He's identified as (I-Vermont); that's not a Democrat.  Am I missing something here?  I don't really think so.  Bernie's not a Democrat; that's a bigger deal than Bernie Bros acknowledge.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2017, 01:46:57 PM »

"Progressives" have done a lot to drive some leftists off the deep end over Bernie.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2017, 02:56:22 PM »

The types of people who usually come on forums like these hate popular things that are hyped up.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2017, 03:07:24 PM »

The types of people who usually come on forums like these hate popular things that are hyped up.

Oh, so that's how you can like Illinois so much! [Though this is the most perfect descriptor of me...quite scary]
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2017, 04:13:44 PM »

I've definitely seen it on Twitter. It's normally a case of keeping primary-era grudges for too long, and internalising certain pet theories about the election to a worrying degree. It's also seen on the other side, but it often seems more outright ludicrous when expressed by the Hillary-fans.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2017, 05:28:12 PM »

Oh, so that's how you can like Illinois so much! [Though this is the most perfect descriptor of me...quite scary]

The same. If you see someone state an idea, it's obviously a bad one, otherwise, why would they support it?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2017, 05:33:33 PM »

This forum is full of derangement syndromes of various kinds.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2017, 05:37:03 PM »

The Bernie Derangees are, by and large, not real vested in the political process.  I would suspect that few of them have strong identification with the Democratic Party and that a good many of them aren't folks that could be described as "likely voters" in off year elections.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2017, 05:43:10 PM »

I think there is more Bernie circle-jerking than there is Bernie derangement tbh
James Monroe

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2017, 06:25:48 PM »

This.

Bernie movement is a threat to democracy, and the stability of our vulnerable groups.
Coraxion
Ethiopia

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2017, 06:28:32 PM »

I think there is more Bernie circle-jerking than there is Bernie derangement tbh
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2017, 07:50:56 PM »
« Edited: September 14, 2017, 07:55:50 PM by bagelman »

Folks like Blue Dog Moderate, RFKFan68, PittsburgSteel, Jalawest, Liberalrocks, The Saint, VT Dems against Sanders, EdgeofNight, and myself are the counterbalance to the BernieBro cult that's infested the Internet.

The vast majority of us are proud Democrats and we are not going away. We will stay Democrats and we shall win this battle and then the war.

The war against improving the standard of living outside the cosmopolitan major urban areas, waged by socially liberal laissez-faire capitalists (or corporatists) that views Everytown, USA as a blighted uncultured wasteland because they don't have a mosque or tax breaks for tech start ups or a tesla charging station or whatever - thus deserving to fall into ruin and drug addiction.

Bernie derangement syndrome is real on this board because the wealthier members resent being called the villains of society, and this board skews wealthy. 
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2017, 08:04:31 PM »
« Edited: September 14, 2017, 08:11:46 PM by Acting Southern Delegate The Saint »

I'm serious.  I'm not being snarky.  

The war against improving the standard of living outside the cosmopolitan major urban areas, waged by socially liberal laissez-faire capitalists (or corporatists) that views Everytown, USA as a blighted uncultured wasteland because they don't have a mosque or tax breaks for tech start ups or a tesla charging station or whatever - thus deserving to fall into ruin and drug addiction.

Bernie derangement syndrome is real on this board because the wealthier members resent being called the villains of society, and this board skews wealthy.  

I personally oppose Bernie because of his unrealistic proposals and fake promises. I think most Americans that do not want Bernie or his influence in the White House feel the same way, regardless of wealth or political beliefs.

But whatever you say.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2017, 08:26:57 PM »

I don't know that the socially liberal corporatists of the Democratic Party wish ill on rural areas that you describe.  I'm willing to believe that they are apathetic toward their well being.  They are engaging in "benign neglect of these areas the way Daniel Patrick Moynihan advised benign neglect of urban blighted areas.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2017, 03:16:29 AM »

I was initially undecided and then I started to statements of multiple Red Avatar posters, and realized that in their own posts they proved something that many other posters on many other threads have exhibited.

Their obsession with Bernie Sanders and anger and rage appears so out of control that they blame his very candidacy for HRCs loss against DJT Trump!!!

Astounding.... every time there is any actual discussion of data and numbers, suddenly entire threads get hijacked because of their derangement syndrome.

If I didn't know better, I might suspect the presence of bots from some troll farm in Saint Pete Russia or a former Republic of Yugoslavia.

Unfortunately, that is not the case....

I have generally had much better civil and polite interactions with the overwhelming majority of Republican avatar posters on Atlas, than those suffering from Bernie derangement syndrome that are still obsessed on this issue almost a year since the November General Election....

Wake up, smell the coffee, time to move on to '18 and '20 instead of blaming Bernie Sanders because your candidate lost to Trump in GE....
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2017, 07:21:05 AM »

Donald John Trump Trump?
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2017, 07:30:56 AM »

YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2017, 09:25:14 PM »

Only for like three posters. It's honestly not that bad.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies