Harris says she'd support a Feinstein re-election bid '100 percent'
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:24:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Harris says she'd support a Feinstein re-election bid '100 percent'
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Harris says she'd support a Feinstein re-election bid '100 percent'  (Read 1969 times)
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2017, 03:27:20 PM »

Lol oh Kamala....
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2017, 03:32:03 PM »

Two senators from the same state belonging to the same party would never endorse a primary opponent. Anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't get politics.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2017, 03:34:51 PM »

Dianne 2018!
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2017, 04:47:46 PM »

I don't have any problem with Feinstein, personally. If she's in good enough shape to still be in the senate at 86, good for her.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2017, 04:51:37 PM »

Seriously, why is this a criticism? If you don't like Feinstein, primary her, whatever, but sitting Senators never, ever endorse primaries of their state's other senator. If Harris did this, she'd end up working out of a broom closet and have all her committees stripped.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2017, 05:16:55 PM »

Honestly, I'd like to see Fabian Núñez, Steve Westly, or Loretta Sanchez run for this, but it's not remotely likely.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2017, 06:14:13 PM »

Seriously, why is this a criticism? If you don't like Feinstein, primary her, whatever, but sitting Senators never, ever endorse primaries of their state's other senator. If Harris did this, she'd end up working out of a broom closet and have all her committees stripped.

This.
varesurgent
Rookie

« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2017, 06:58:00 PM »

Of course Harris would say that. It almost never happens that you support a primary challenge against a co-state senator of the same party. (But Feinstein should retire)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2017, 10:01:08 PM »

Don't worry, I'm sure the Justice Democrats will prop up a staunch progressive in a progressive-friendly state...

Oh wait, they're too busy fighting Joe Manchin: a Democrat in a deep red state.

"Berniecrats" on full display in red states. Keeping the Democrats in their 1920's hopelessbess while they mentally lie to themselves and say that west Virginians are just as liberal as Californians. Smh.

The last 2 Democratic Senators from Idaho were progressives. But hey, feel free to keep losing with conservadems.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2017, 11:02:10 PM »

Don't worry, I'm sure the Justice Democrats will prop up a staunch progressive in a progressive-friendly state...

"Berniecrats" on full display in red states. Keeping the Democrats in their 1920's hopelessbess while they mentally lie to themselves and say that west Virginians are just as liberal as Californians. Smh.

The last 2 Democratic Senators from Idaho were progressives. But hey, feel free to keep losing with conservadems.
Explain why one lost re-election and the other lost renomination.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2017, 12:09:09 AM »

Don't bring facts into this discussion please. I prefer to live in my bubble watching The Young Turks and Jimmy Dore. They're from New York and California so they know Idahoans better than anyone else.

Sanders won Idaho & Utah in a landslide vs Clinton. So next time speak after your candidate wins & till then keep shut like the clueless mark that you guys are.

First win & then talk. EOD
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2017, 12:10:44 AM »
« Edited: September 16, 2017, 12:15:02 AM by Blue Dog Moderate »

Don't bring facts into this discussion please. I prefer to live in my bubble watching The Young Turks and Jimmy Dore. They're from New York and California so they know Idahoans better than anyone else.

Sanders won Idaho & Utah in a landslide vs Clinton. So next time speak after your candidate wins & till then keep shut like the clueless mark that you guys are.

First win & then talk. EOD
Sanders would lose Idaho and Utah in a landslide during the general election, along with most of the nation.

I don't think you realize that Sanders' appeal among moderates and conservatives is much smaller than that of Secretary Clinton and President Obama. He would have a hard time holding even the strongest Democratic states, such as New Jersey, Virginia, and Connecticut. He wouldn't have time to try winning Idaho and Utah in the general.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2017, 12:24:30 AM »

This is probably the least interesting news story I've read all month. You mean a freshman Senator in her first year of office isn't going to support a primary challenge against her own state's senior Senator of the same party? Shocking!

This is seriously about as noteable as the Democrats holding a majority black district in a special election.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2017, 04:14:59 AM »

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2017, 04:42:55 AM »

Assuming Harris isn't wild about Feinstein, it'd be very hard to a Senator to oppose her/his colleague from the same state and the same party.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2017, 05:41:03 AM »

Assuming Harris isn't wild about Feinstein, it'd be very hard to a Senator to oppose her/his colleague from the same state and the same party.

There's some space in between opposing someone and saying you'll support them 100%.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2017, 06:46:07 AM »

I'm surprised that Harris has a higher approval among men than women. I don't want to be sexist, but I think it may have something to do with her appearance. She's a pretty woman if you ask me.

But yeah, I agree, Feinstein should either retire or get primaried by a new generation of Democrats. Maybe some of the gubernatorial contenders and let Newsom run for gov as the only Democrat. Actually Feinstein is the Democrat I most want out of the senate (let's keep Joe Manchin because a staunch liberal isn't electable in West Virginia).
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2017, 08:37:25 AM »

I'm surprised that Harris has a higher approval among men than women.

Higher approval, but also higher disapproval.  Could simply be higher name recognition among men.
Coraxion
Ethiopia

« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2017, 10:17:23 AM »

But... but... muh populism!
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2017, 10:21:16 AM »

Harris is also more popular with Moderates and Republicans than Feinstein.

Darth Timmy, Corax, and the rest of 'em insisted that one had to be "pragmatic" to have pull...oops.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2017, 10:21:47 AM »

Drain The Swamp!
Possiblymaybe
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2017, 11:07:43 AM »
« Edited: September 16, 2017, 11:13:29 AM by Possiblymaybe »

I'm surprised that Harris has a higher approval among men than women.

Higher approval, but also higher disapproval.  Could simply be higher name recognition among men.

This poll was conducted in California. Feinstein has been the senator for California since before i was born. Theres no way Harris has higher name recognition after 8-9 months in the job. The reason she's more popular is probably because she's been a more visible trump resister. Trump of course did extremly badly in California. Feinstein was jeered at a town hall meeting recently because of her soft comments on Trump. It's pretty much what the researchers said imo.In the trump era people want a fighter, Feinstein is very much the measured moderate politician.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2017, 12:20:59 PM »

Darth Timmy, Corax, and the rest of 'em insisted that one had to be "pragmatic" to have pull...oops.

Look moron, all of America's most popular politicians are moderates! Michael Bloomberg, Lindsey Graham, Dianne Feinstein, ect. America's sweethearts one and all!

Coraxion
Ethiopia

« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2017, 06:20:03 PM »

Look moron, all of America's most popular politicians are moderates! Michael Bloomberg, Lindsey Graham, Dianne Feinstein, ect. America's sweethearts one and all!

I was making fun of Bernie hacks for thinking their ideas would put WV (for example) into play. I didn't say that I was a fan of Feinstein.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2017, 06:22:03 PM »

I was making fun of Bernie hacks for thinking their ideas would put WV (for example) into play. I didn't say that I was a fan of Feinstein.
Don't tell them that. According to them, Bernie's views are loved by everyone everywhere.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies